Costco Travel heads up for new 2022 itineraries

Just called again and got to an agent after about 5 minutes. He told me they are estimating 24-48 hours to get through requests. I explained that I was concerned that if it takes too long prices will go up or rooms will get booked. He put me on hold and and came back after about 10 minutes and said he hoped they would get to my reservation tonight, but if not very early tomorrow morning.

This is not worth it for opening day. I'm not swearing off Costco Travel entirely, but for first day booking it just doesn't work.

Last edited:
Just called again and got to an agent after about 5 minutes. He told me they are estimating 24-48 hours to get through requests. I explained that I was concerned that if it takes too long prices will go up or rooms will get booked. He put me on hold and and came back after about 10 minutes and said he hoped they would get to my reservation tonight, but if not very early this morning.

This is not worth it for opening day. I'm not swearing off Costco Travel entirely, but for first day booking it just doesn't work.

I just learned this the hard way. This was our first time booking as Gold. Yesterday we called right at opening time and didn’t wait long. The agent took our info and said 24-48 hours but likely sooner. All day I saw people on this board as well as in other groups saying how they waited just a couple hours and received an email. Fast forward to today and I am getting increasingly worried. I called late afternoon and the agent said they were working through requests. My husband called again later to ask more questions and moments later I received a call about my booking. The price had gone up significantly and there were very few rooms available (12 night Greek isles). I was under the impression I had to book through them to keep my OBB and, more importantly, 40% PC cruise discount. I’m trying to be excited about getting a very expensive cruise for a great deal, but I feel like the FCC I had was wasted on a day of price increases.

I had a great experience with Costco today. I had no problem getting through to Costco. The person took my information and then called Disney. A few hours later I got an email confirmation of my booking. They were able to transfer by placeholder and my 40 percent discount.

How did you have a 40% discount?

How did you have a 40% discount?

We were on the west bound Panama Canal cruise that was the last Disney ship at sea. All our ports except 2 were skipped and there were many changes to the entertainment because of entertainers not being allowed to board. Due to the ‘unprecedented’ nature of the sailing Disney offered everyone 40 percent off of a future cruise which could be combined with our onboard discount of 10 percent. It was originally only valid to September 2021 but has been extended to September 2022.

I just learned this the hard way. This was our first time booking as Gold. Yesterday we called right at opening time and didn’t wait long. The agent took our info and said 24-48 hours but likely sooner. All day I saw people on this board as well as in other groups saying how they waited just a couple hours and received an email. Fast forward to today and I am getting increasingly worried. I called late afternoon and the agent said they were working through requests. My husband called again later to ask more questions and moments later I received a call about my booking. The price had gone up significantly and there were very few rooms available (12 night Greek isles). I was under the impression I had to book through them to keep my OBB and, more importantly, 40% PC cruise discount. I’m trying to be excited about getting a very expensive cruise for a great deal, but I feel like the FCC I had was wasted on a day of price increases.
They lost one of our three reservation data and when I called in they assured me it was in the queue to be worked. i didn’t agree because all three were submitted at the same time and after forcing them to talk to a few people, they identified it really wasn’t in the queue and I had to give them the info all over again. My sister had a similar problem where they assured her it was in the queue, but because of my issue she pushed on it and found out that they set it aside because Disney told her she was silver and not eligible. She sent them a screen shot of her gold membership and got them to do it on the gold day.

Costco is not good for opening day bookings. Once it opens to the public and is loaded on their system, I am sure it works much better.

Called Costco again this morning (Thursday - booking open to the public now). This time I was told 48-72 hours until confirmation. Meanwhile, the regular verandahs on the Alaska cruise we wanted have booked up. Like, we weren't *that* picky but sounds like we still won't get what we want. I've placed a hold on a verandah for the sailing one week later (and more expensive) just so I know we will have something.

Called Costco again this morning (Thursday - booking open to the public now). This time I was told 48-72 hours until confirmation. Meanwhile, the regular verandahs on the Alaska cruise we wanted have booked up. Like, we weren't *that* picky but sounds like we still won't get what we want. I've placed a hold on a verandah for the sailing one week later (and more expensive) just so I know we will have something.

It’s odd how inconsistent they are. The agent I dealt with at Costco put a hold on my preferred room while they waited to get through to Disney.

It’s odd how inconsistent they are. The agent I dealt with at Costco put a hold on my preferred room while they waited to get through to Disney.
They can do that now that the sailings are open to general public. Until then, they weren't even loaded in Costco's system. Now that they are open, people can book online with Costco vs calling, if you don't need special handling of credits.

They can do that now that the sailings are open to general public. Until then, they weren't even loaded in Costco's system. Now that they are open, people can book online with Costco vs calling, if you don't need special handling of credits.

I booked yesterday as silver. They didn’t have a problem holding the room.

I got a call back at about 4:30 this afternoon to complete my reservation. Luckily a few verandahs had opened up (maybe people's holds cancelling). We are by the elevator but I'll take it for now, and the price was only a tad higher than it was yesterday. When she quoted me my costco card total I did have a happy flicker of the heart and thought maybe it was worth it all...

Sorry for the quesiton, cruise newbie here, searched this thread and forum but didn't see anything that seem to answer my question.

I'm a costco member and I'm interested in the Disney Wonder Alaska cruise on 8/22. Any reason why Costco doesn't have it on their website? They have 8/1 8/8 8/15 and Sept cruises, but no 8/22. Should I keep waiting? I can't get through their phone lines for help either. Thank you in advance.

Sorry for the quesiton, cruise newbie here, searched this thread and forum but didn't see anything that seem to answer my question.

I'm a costco member and I'm interested in the Disney Wonder Alaska cruise on 8/22. Any reason why Costco doesn't have it on their website? They have 8/1 8/8 8/15 and Sept cruises, but no 8/22. Should I keep waiting? I can't get through their phone lines for help either. Thank you in advance.
I noticed that, too! Here is what I did, with no guarantee it will work, but I will try: I booked the cruise on the Disney Cruise website. Took about 7 minutes. Then when things calm down, I will call Costco to have the reservation transferred to them so I can get the shopping card. We have a cruise booked for this August, so when I do get through, I will have to cancel that one. But it totally perplexes me as to why that date isn't showing up!

I noticed that, too! Here is what I did, with no guarantee it will work, but I will try: I booked the cruise on the Disney Cruise website. Took about 7 minutes. Then when things calm down, I will call Costco to have the reservation transferred to them so I can get the shopping card. We have a cruise booked for this August, so when I do get through, I will have to cancel that one. But it totally perplexes me as to why that date isn't showing up!

It should work so long as you transfer within 30 days.

Thank you for that. So do you know I should use my Costco CC or Disney card to book? Or does it not matter?

Thank you for that. So do you know I should use my Costco CC or Disney card to book? Or does it not matter?
What will get you the most benefit? TBH, we got rid of our Disney card a long time ago and switched to our airline card. We get more bang for our buck with miles than with Disney credit. We are also Costco executive members so in addition to the shop card, we get 2% back of our spending at the end of the year. I say - see what the benefits are to each and pick the one that will be the most beneficial.

What will get you the most benefit? TBH, we got rid of our Disney card a long time ago and switched to our airline card. We get more bang for our buck with miles than with Disney credit. We are also Costco executive members so in addition to the shop card, we get 2% back of our spending at the end of the year. I say - see what the benefits are to each and pick the one that will be the most beneficial.
Gotcha, so 8.5% Costco credit will work with both then.

I gave up, I called up DU and booked with them. It's one of the few times Costco has disappointed me.

If you're booking a new cruise and not trying to change a previously-existing cruise or use a placeholder, then there is no reason not to book via the Disney website immediately, and then transfer the cruise to Costco within 30 days (in just a week or two the mad rush will be long over). You'll still get the full money-saving benefits that Costco offers, which beats any other travel agency's cash back or other savings by far.

Last edited:
If you're booking a new cruise and not trying to change a previously-existing cruise or use a placeholder, then there is no reason not to book via the Disney website immediately, and then transfer the cruise to Costco within 30 days (in just a week or two the mad rush will be long over). You'll still get the full money-saving benefits that Costco offers, which beats any other travel agency's cash back or other savings by far.
I certainly would have done that, but we needed to move existing reservations with onboard booking credits. I called the day before to make sure that my credits were extended beyond the new sailing date, just to make sure I had to use Costco and couldn't do it on my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!