Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, we are a family of six travelling from Australia! We are only 45days away from our stay at coronado springs. We were booked into POP century, but after I thought about it and paying extra for the upgrade from free qsdp to ddp I thought we might as well move up to a moderate. I hope I have done the right thing saying that. As we need two rooms it is going to cost an extra $1800, yikes! But think having the extra space and bigger beds will be good. Any advice or imput would be greatly appreciated, living so far away it is hard to know if I have done the right thing or not.

I think you did the right thing. A room at CSR will be much more comfortable than a room at Pop. You'll appreciate the queen beds and the divider between the bathroom and bedroom area. Overall, the atmosphere at the mods is so much quieter and more relaxing than the atmosphere at the values. Plus, the pool at CSR has an awesome slide and you'll have a hot tub!

40 days to go for us!!! :banana:

Hi all, we are a family of six travelling from Australia! We are only 45days away from our stay at coronado springs. We were booked into POP century, but after I thought about it and paying extra for the upgrade from free qsdp to ddp I thought we might as well move up to a moderate. I hope I have done the right thing saying that. As we need two rooms it is going to cost an extra $1800, yikes! But think having the extra space and bigger beds will be good. Any advice or imput would be greatly appreciated, living so far away it is hard to know if I have done the right thing or not.

Yes, I think you did the right thing. If it is going to cost $1800 more for two rooms, you must be staying for a while. You will get bigger rooms, a fridge and coffeemaker, access to CSR's amenities like a fitness center, hot tub, awesome pool ands slide, and room service, plus you have upgraded your dining. I could probably handle Pop and QSDP for a few days, but for a longer trip, I think you will really appreciate the space and relaxation at CSR, as well as the upgraded meal plan.

Yes, I think you did the right thing. If it is going to cost $1800 more for two rooms, you must be staying for a while. You will get bigger rooms, a fridge and coffeemaker, access to CSR's amenities like a fitness center, hot tub, awesome pool ands slide, and room service, plus you have upgraded your dining. I could probably handle Pop and QSDP for a few days, but for a longer trip, I think you will really appreciate the space and relaxation at CSR, as well as the upgraded meal plan.

See you learn something new everyday. I did not know that there is a coffee maker in the room. My dh will be thrilled. Do they leave coffee/cream or should I pack it?
Thanks

My husband and I will be celebrating our 1st Anniversary at CSR in October. He's a recent Disney convert (I worried myself sick the first time I took him in April 09 and I'm so happy he's addicted!) and he insisted on being in park for our anniversary. We spent our honeymoon in Disneyland last Oct.

I don't know the answer to your question about the wine, but I just wanted to say hi...we are celebrating our 1st anniversary at CSR in October also! :flower3:

See you learn something new everyday. I did not know that there is a coffee maker in the room. My dh will be thrilled. Do they leave coffee/cream or should I pack it?
Thanks
They leave coffee and the powdered creamer. I have heard others say, though, that the coffee is not of good quality, so many people bring their own.

Thanks

They do leave coffee, I think, at least at first. I don't drink coffee, so I hope someone else can give you more info. :goodvibes

My DH and I are staying at CSR for our anniversary trip in October. When I called Disney today to make the final payment on our package (woo-hoo!), the CM told me how much and she and her DH love CSR and that they have spent 2 anniversary trips there. She also said that she would put a request on our reservation for building 9A or 9B because those were her favorites. I trusted her since she sounded like she knew what she was talking about. Do you think these are good buildings to request for 2 adults?

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. DH and I have celebrated both of our 50th birthdays as well as our 25th wedding anniversary at the CSR -- and we love it. We've stayed in all of the Casitas buildings (except #1) and Cabanas 9A. Although we prefer the Castias, Cabanas 9A was a very nice location.

I think you will enjoy having the bigger beds and enjoy having a fridge, coffee pot, ceiling fan, flat screen television, slide at the pool, huge hot tub, etc.

we check in on the 22nd! woot!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm about half way through this thread and intend to read the rest of it. So much fantastic information!

My husband and I will be celebrating our 1st Anniversary at CSR in October. He's a recent Disney convert (I worried myself sick the first time I took him in April 09 and I'm so happy he's addicted!) and he insisted on being in park for our anniversary. We spent our honeymoon in Disneyland last Oct.

We'll be arriving 10/7 so that we can take advantage of free dining...even though it meant tacking on 2 extra days. Oh darn. :laughing: My dad and stepmom are joining us (I know, people think we're crazy for including our inlaws on the anniversary trip but it'll be fine) and they've never been to WDW. I can't wait to show them everything we love!

My mom took me to WDW for my 30th birthday and booked CSR. I remember liking it but I was also quite sick for the first several days and was a bit hazy. So I'm looking forward to becoming reacquainted with this resort. I made the decision to stay here because I've stayed at POFQ and CBR and felt like CSR was a better decision for 4 (possibly 6 if a couple of our friends join us) adults. I also didn't really enjoy our stay at ASMu all that much when we went last April so a value was right out.

Anyway, I've got most of our ADR's figured out and bought our plane tickets the other day. Plans are starting to come together. And I'm getting excited. :)

One question I do have that I'm hoping some experts can answer for me is one about shipping alcohol. I'm thinking about ordering a couple bottles of wine from our favorite winery in Oregon and having it shipped to the resort. Does anyone know if there would be problems with this? It would just be nice to have wine that we really enjoy rather than buying something we're not excited about. (It's not really a cost saving measure once you factor in shipping)

Thanks everyone for such a fantastic resource!

It will not be a problem shipping it at all.

Have a great anniversary trip, and I'm glad you are going back to CSR so that you can enjoy it this trip without being sick.

And, since I don't know when your 30th birthday was, there is a new lounge at the CSR, the Rix Lounge, which is very nice and has a DJ on the weekends (and no kids allowed after 9 p.m.)

Thanks

This means you were skimming if you didn't know there was a coffee maker in the room (as there is a picture of it on the first page). ;)

However, the coffee in the room is disgusting! It is the nescafae stuff. I would either bring my own small package or, if you are getting mugs, get the coffee at Cafe Rix or Pepper Market as it is much better there.

woohoo 20 days till we check in...question if I am placing an order from garden grocer for some items, how far in advance should I place the order?

Hi everyone. Can someone be so kind as to give me the fax number and who to address a location request to? We just changed our reservation from POP to CSR so I'm feeling quite unprepared at this last minute! TIA

One question I do have that I'm hoping some experts can answer for me is one about shipping alcohol. I'm thinking about ordering a couple bottles of wine from our favorite winery in Oregon and having it shipped to the resort. Does anyone know if there would be problems with this? It would just be nice to have wine that we really enjoy rather than buying something we're not excited about. (It's not really a cost saving measure once you factor in shipping)!

According to wineinstitute.shipcompliant.com/StateDetail.aspx?StateId=47, wineries may ship direct to consumers in Fla. Check out this thread for shipping to resorts (www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212). Contact the winery and give them the address to CSR and confirm that it will ship through a private (NOT USPS) company (FedEx, UPS). You may want to contact CSR to confirm that an adult will sign for the package. Enjoy your stay!

Hi everyone. Can someone be so kind as to give me the fax number and who to address a location request to? We just changed our reservation from POP to CSR so I'm feeling quite unprepared at this last minute! TIA

Fax number: (407) 939-1001

I just send mine addressed to the Coronado Springs Resort, Room Assignor

When are you leaving? You could call CRO (Central Reservations) and have them note your request on your ressie as well.

Thanks for the quick reply. We are leaving in 6 days. I did note my request for Casitas or Cabanas with CRO, but I do not have good luck with room requests:rolleyes1 I would Guess my requests are granted maybe 25% of the time. ( and I only ever make broad requests like resort section, never specific floors, buildings, etc. ) I won't hold you to it, but what do you think my chances are of getting Casitas or Cabanas? We reserved 2 rooms for 4 adults and 4 kids. we will be using The Dig Site, PM and fitness center every day......TIA

Thanks for the quick reply. We are leaving in 6 days. i did note my request for Casitas or Cabanas with CRO, but I do not have good luck with room requests:rolleyes1 I would Guess my requests are granted maybe 255 of the time. ( and i only ever make broad requests like resort section, never specific floors, buildings, etc. ) I won't hold you to it, but what do you think my chances are of getting Casitas or Cabanas? We reserved 2 rooms for 4 adults and 4 kids. we will be using The Dig Site, PM and fitness center every day......TIA

We've never had a problem getting the section we wanted. The first time we stayed we were in Casitas and the next six stays we asked for and got the Casitas. Last year, we wanted to try Cabanas and got it and this year we are hoping for Ranchos.

Truthfully, if you plan on using the fitness center every day, after the Casitas, the Ranchos might be closest (but Ranchos are further from the main building). If they put you in Ranchos, I would certainly ask if they could move you all to Casitas. It never hurts to ask. Hope you get one of your two section requests. And have a great time at "our home away from home."

This means you were skimming if you didn't know there was a coffee maker in the room (as there is a picture of it on the first page). ;)

However, the coffee in the room is disgusting! It is the nescafae stuff. I would either bring my own small package or, if you are getting mugs, get the coffee at Cafe Rix or Pepper Market as it is much better there.[/QUOTE]

You are so right,lol. I went back and looked at the pictures. Thank you!!
We are ordering from the garden grocer and was going to pick up a stryofoam cooler. I did not think the refrigerator was as big as I thought. The picture of the refrig was great. We are ordering waters and sunny d(for the kids). I guess I will not have to order the cooler.
Thanks!!

However, the coffee in the room is disgusting! It is the nescafae stuff. I would either bring my own small package or, if you are getting mugs, get the coffee at Cafe Rix or Pepper Market as it is much better there.

:laughing: Busted! :goodvibes I think it is a four-cup coffee maker if that helps any.

You are so right,lol. I went back and looked at the pictures. Thank you!!
We are ordering from the garden grocer and was going to pick up a stryofoam cooler. I did not think the refrigerator was as big as I thought. The picture of the refrig was great. We are ordering waters and sunny d(for the kids). I guess I will not have to order the cooler.
Thanks!!

One tip - leave the cabinet door open if you want the fridge to cool (not the fridge door, but the door on the dresser). I actually knew this, but forgot. We moved from Portofino Bay (no fridge, had everything in a cooler) to CSR and loaded the fridge with drinks. Our nice cold drinks turned lukewarm! We adjusted the temp and left the cabinet door open overnight and everything was cold the next morning. If you are putting perishables in the fridge, be sure to adjust the temp and leave the cabinet door open so they don't spoil. We had no trouble the rest of the trip - I had just forgotten about the cabinet holding the heat in and preventing the fridge from cooling effectively. I also think housekeeping turns the fridge up when a guest checks out to conserve energy.

You don't have to leave the cabinet open the whole trip, but it will cool initially much more effectively if you prop the door open (we used one of DH's big shoes :rotfl2:).

Thanks for the quick reply. We are leaving in 6 days. I did note my request for Casitas or Cabanas with CRO, but I do not have good luck with room requests:rolleyes1 I would Guess my requests are granted maybe 25% of the time. ( and I only ever make broad requests like resort section, never specific floors, buildings, etc. ) I won't hold you to it, but what do you think my chances are of getting Casitas or Cabanas? We reserved 2 rooms for 4 adults and 4 kids. we will be using The Dig Site, PM and fitness center every day......TIA

If you don't get the section you want, you can asked to be moved at check-in. It might be harder with two rooms, but they can usually move you if they are not full. We requested cabanas last year and got casitas 2, which was not renovated at the time and is pretty far from the Dig Site. I asked if they had anything closer to the Dig Site and they found a great room in cabana 9A (not sure why we didn't get that first, but that's OK).

We didn't make any requests this time and got cabana 8A. Great location near the Dig Site and the bus stop. Equidistant between the cabanas laundry room and the ranchos laundry room, so it was a bit of a hike with a bag full of dirty clothes, but that was just one afternoon.

So I have decided to add another 2 nights to our Sept. stay making it now 12 nights and I initially requested Cabana 9A or 9B then changed it to Casitas 3. Now I am wondering if anyone has ever (or if you are even allowed) to stay 6 nights in the Casitas then asked to be moved to the Cabanas for the last 6 nights. With such a long trip, I thought it would be fun to experience the trip from the two different locations. Am I crazy for wanting to do this and how would I even go about asking:confused3.

So I have decided to add another 2 nights to our Sept. stay making it now 12 nights and I initially requested Cabana 9A or 9B then changed it to Casitas 3. Now I am wondering if anyone has ever (or if you are even allowed) to stay 6 nights in the Casitas then asked to be moved to the Cabanas for the last 6 nights. With such a long trip, I thought it would be fun to experience the trip from the two different locations. Am I crazy for wanting to do this and how would I even go about asking:confused3.

I don't know the answer to this. You might have to check out and in again to switch rooms (probably?), which would mess up your reservation if you have a package booked. You could book two six-night reservations, but if you have free dining, you'd have to buy two sets of tickets, so that's no good.

I know that people have switched rooms mid-stay if they had a problem with the room without messing up their reservations (or if they weren't happy with their location), so there must be a way. Even if you had two reservations, they would try to keep you in the same room for your convenience.

I guess you would just ask at check-in if you could switch rooms mid-trip while retaining your reservation.

I don't know the answer to this. You might have to check out and in again to switch rooms (probably?), which would mess up your reservation if you have a package booked. You could book two six-night reservations, but if you have free dining, you'd have to buy two sets of tickets, so that's no good.

I know that people have switched rooms mid-stay if they had a problem with the room without messing up their reservations (or if they weren't happy with their location), so there must be a way. Even if you had two reservations, they would try to keep you in the same room for your convenience.

I guess you would just ask at check-in if you could switch rooms mid-trip while retaining your reservation.

We do have a package with 10 day hopper passes so I definitely don't want to book two separate reservations but that is what I was worried about. Maybe someone else will know if it is possible. I don't want to call mid trip and say we aren't happy or something to get moved, I only want to do it if is something they don't mind doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter