Coronado Springs expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are gonna jack the prices on 2 of the 3 - which they have too if this plays out - then port Orleans is getting it too. That's actually the easiest because they have waterway to downtown already...

So you're new "moderates" are then pop century and all stars
Well I think if pop gets the gondola station with AoA that could be even higher than the all stars.

If they are gonna jack the prices on 2 of the 3 - which they have too if this plays out - then port Orleans is getting it too. That's actually the easiest because they have waterway to downtown already...

I really don't see PO getting a price increase - not yet at least. They aren't getting any of the upgrades and updates that CSR and CBR are getting and rumored to get with these additions. Disney can't feasibly increase the price at the resort without offering some sort of additional perks, at least not without backlash.

I really don't see PO getting a price increase - not yet at least. They aren't getting any of the upgrades and updates that CSR and CBR are getting and rumored to get with these additions. Disney can't feasibly increase the price at the resort without offering some sort of additional perks, at least not without backlash.
While I agree Disney raises ticket prices every year with backlash. The question is if it hurts occupancy then you have a problem.

While I agree Disney raises ticket prices every year with backlash. The question is if it hurts occupancy then you have a problem.

Yet with ticket prices, there are generally some updates or changes to the parks that can be touted as perks for the price increase. Whether or not you agree with that assumption, the parks see a lot more updates and changes than the resorts.

It's easier for PR to say "Hey, here's 10 things coming to the Magic Kingdom that you get from paying a little bit more!" than it is to convince people to stay at a resort that isn't getting upgrades alongside other resorts in the same tier.

I don't see how Disney could raise the prices of Port Orleans alongside CSR and CBR - when the former two resorts are seeing no updates to amenities or perks to resort guests - and not spin it as beneficial for guests staying there.

No...what I'm saying is that port orleans is the easiest to convert already...

They have waterway...they have two service buildings - one of which with a mothballed restaurant - and if this gondola thing goes then they have two parks conceivably in play...

That's why they start with Caribbean and Coronado...they are the bigger hurdles to get past.

Yet with ticket prices, there are generally some updates or changes to the parks that can be touted as perks for the price increase. Whether or not you agree with that assumption, the parks see a lot more updates and changes than the resorts.

It's easier for PR to say "Hey, here's 10 things coming to the Magic Kingdom that you get from paying a little bit more!" than it is to convince people to stay at a resort that isn't getting upgrades alongside other resorts in the same tier.

I don't see how Disney could raise the prices of Port Orleans alongside CSR and CBR - when the former two resorts are seeing no updates to amenities or perks to resort guests - and not spin it as beneficial for guests staying there.

Incorrect...WDW had been operating on a net loss in attractions for a decade and they have increased prices well over 100%...

I have been reading all of the news and rumors about changes to the resorts, and have come across several references to the rumor that Disney will do away with resort categories and base pricing on location. I was wondering if there was a thread that discussed that rumor a little more. I am curious to read more because it seems like quite a shift from current practice. I searched for one or an article but couldn't get anything to come up. Thanks!

I have been reading all of the news and rumors about changes to the resorts, and have come across several references to the rumor that Disney will do away with resort categories and base pricing on location. I was wondering if there was a thread that discussed that rumor a little more. I am curious to read more because it seems like quite a shift from current practice. I searched for one or an article but couldn't get anything to come up. Thanks!

That is not quite accurate...at least not yet.

Location already determined where they built hotels and they haven't broken ground on one since 2001...so it's not that simple.

Nobody seems to believe me...but the pricing was based on amenities or more specifically the lack thereof...Polynesian and contemporary a bit of an exception because they predate the system.

The answer right now is we don't know for sure what's going on. But location specifically is not the sole factor. If that were the case then animal kingdom would be the cheapest...which it is not nor will be.

They have waterway...they have two service buildings - one of which with a mothballed restaurant - and if this gondola thing goes then they have two parks conceivably in play...

That's why they start with Caribbean and Coronado...they are the bigger hurdles to get past.
This is going to be awful for Coronado. The Resort will either be damaged or worse. Port Orleans would only be an even worse conversion. It feels like real gems from Disney's older more thoughtful days are being damaged at an ever increasing rate.

I'm betting against it, but never say never...

I'm not quite sure that qualifies as "thinking"

People really breaking the doors down for rooms?

This is one of the things I'm really having trouble wrapping my head around. If there are no mods available, I go off site because I can't stand the values. However, I mainly look at Mods because I'm not going to spend the money on a deluxe unless there is a super deal going on. That said, the mods that are ALWAYS available at the cheapest rates are Coronado and Caribbean. Throwing a couple big towers and maybe non-bus access does is not going to change the availability if they are going to significantly increase the price. Heck, renovating the rooms isn't going to do that much. As you said, most people aren't going there because they can afford a deluxe but prefer the mods. And I believe the current mods are something like 40-100 square feet less than current mods, which won't help their cause.

Last edited:
Would it make sense that just these new towers or sections would see a deluxe price while the older would remain the same? I wonder if that's why they would get rid of the categorization, or maybe that's just my optimistic hopes.

Would it make sense that just these new towers or sections would see a deluxe price while the older would remain the same? I wonder if that's why they would get rid of the categorization, or maybe that's just my optimistic hopes.

It's not impossible...but that is contrary to the way they have been running their parks for 40 years and also contrary to what the real goal is: making more profits to supplement their other problem businesses.

If they build new facilities next to the existing moderate blocks...then those blocks would have access to it. They can't build a prison and sell it...

So then you can't charge the same...

Anyone want Caribbean for $250-300 a night? That isn't being clever at all...it's the only place we can go at a minimum.

That is not quite accurate...at least not yet.

Location already determined where they built hotels and they haven't broken ground on one since 2001...so it's not that simple.

Nobody seems to believe me...but the pricing was based on amenities or more specifically the lack thereof...Polynesian and contemporary a bit of an exception because they predate the system.

The answer right now is we don't know for sure what's going on. But location specifically is not the sole factor. If that were the case then animal kingdom would be the cheapest...which it is not nor will be.

Thanks for your reply. I agree with your line of thinking which is why I am confused about what Disney could be thinking. We stay value because of the pricing and because we don't spend that much time at the resort. It's hard for me to imagine not having the categories because of the lack of amenities at the values. I know they can add amenities, but it seems harder to change things like room size or no indoor corridors which makes a difference in my mind as to what people are willing to pay.

Thanks for your reply. I agree with your line of thinking which is why I am confused about what Disney could be thinking. We stay value because of the pricing and because we don't spend that much time at the resort. It's hard for me to imagine not having the categories because of the lack of amenities at the values. I know they can add amenities, but it seems harder to change things like room size or no indoor corridors which makes a difference in my mind as to what people are willing to pay.

You are 100% correct in your take

Maybe you are on to something there. They do have the different room pricing at some resorts already like AoA with the suites and LM rooms and POR with the royal rooms and CSR already has suite pricing. Maybe this is their way to be able to add DVC without building all new deluxe resorts.

Maybe you are on to something there. They do have the different room pricing at some resorts already like AoA with the suites and LM rooms and POR with the royal rooms and CSR already has suite pricing. Maybe this is their way to be able to add DVC without building all new deluxe resorts.

The problem there is a DVC studio is a standard room with a sink and some paper dishes...

In the case of aoa you are guaranteed differences for the prices

Or because they are closest to HS to cash in on the StarWars interested.

What is the scope of the permit for all the dirt work being done on World Dr opposite HS?

Or because they are closest to HS to cash in on the StarWars interested.

What is the scope of the permit for all the dirt work being done on World Dr opposite HS?

That dirt work is roaring by the way...pretty much crickets this week in studios and the roadway rework...but in what I assumed to be a quarry on world drive they were cranking 24/7

Agree about Star Wars...this doesn't happen without...even though Food and wine festival is "new and inventive".

People were clamouribg for a "Star Wars" or "marvel" Hotel next to MGM by the swan over the last few years...

This is it, baby...just reusing existing pools and restaurants like always. DVC m.o.

...lol, and the fools thought it'd be a "moderate"...how silly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter