• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem there is a DVC studio is a standard room with a sink and some paper dishes...

In the case of aoa you are guaranteed differences for the prices

This post made me laugh. I am non DVC. When we stayed once in a Beach Club DVC studio, I had to laugh at the "amenities" of paper plates and plastic utensils. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was certainly more than this. And the view was absolutely lousy.

That seems most likely based on everything you're talking about.

I'm wondering if they might bump AoA up to the same "category/tier" as Port Orleans now. The resort feels more inline with the current moderates, and adding the skyline would only add to that.

I get that Disney is likely looking to remove resort categorization, but just going on how we currently look at them.

I think they're going to completely reclassify their resorts... all of them. In order to put AoA in the "moderate" category as it stands now, they need a sit-down dining option and a water slide.

I have mixed feelings on this. Coronado has always been one of my favorites. I always felt like I was getting away with something because I was paying to stay in a "moderate", yet had wonderful amenities found only at deluxe level resorts on property. The only thing I hated was how spread out it was and the packed buses (and before anyone gets a chance, please don't come here telling me you went 3 weeks ago and the buses were great. I've been 25+ times and on a few occasions, the buses were great, but a majority, they/re PACKED) Anyway, so I feel like I'm losing my "edge" because I know the prices for Coronado are going to go up. I'm not going to get that feeling that I'm getting away with paying for Hampton Inn, but getting Sheraton amenities.

However, I also felt that Coronado had a lot of lost potential. It's such a beautiful, well done property that they could do so much more with it. However, the large, spread, layout has always been a negative for me and I wonder how that will be addressed, if it is even addressed.

it's an interesting thing to do but I do wonder how it'll impact the aesthetic of the resort

To the people that count ... the major shareholders ... the only aesthetic that counts is the loveliness of the bottom line of Disney's balance sheet. THIS year, not in 5 or 10 years when people are tired of waiting for an elevator to get to their generic room in a generic tower after a 15 minute gondola ride from International Gateway following a 30 minute bus ride from the Magic Kingdom. With two strollers.

Aesthetics and location (real location) count in the long term. But right now many investors and fund managers are in near panic mode freaking out over interest rates, trade wars, currency wars, Brexit, Grexit, etc. and would rather do a nice, safe condo flipping deal with adequate hedging to unload the risk on a bigger fool, than worry about the long term aesthetic appeal (not to mention price and practicality) of CSR.

To the people that count ... the major shareholders ... the only aesthetic that counts is the loveliness of the bottom line of Disney's balance sheet. THIS year, not in 5 or 10 years when people are tired of waiting for an elevator to get to their generic room in a generic tower after a 15 minute gondola ride from International Gateway following a 30 minute bus ride from the Magic Kingdom. With two strollers.

Aesthetics and location (real location) count in the long term. But right now many investors and fund managers are in near panic mode freaking out over interest rates, trade wars, currency wars, Brexit, Grexit, etc. and would rather do a nice, safe condo flipping deal with adequate hedging to unload the risk on a bigger fool, than worry about the long term aesthetic appeal (not to mention price and practicality) of CSR.
What you say is absolutely true. And also unfortunate.

I didn't have an issue with the tower rooms at contemporary or grand Floridian (issue with GF in my book was the red color on the dvc is different than on the main resort) but you shouldn't be building towers for the sake of building a tower. But like you said money talks

Thought I read somewhere that Disney is looking at additional DVC at the Contemporary.

I also can't remember if OKW or SS have seen DVC upgrades recently.
That and Epcot.

OKW and SSR need rooms refers but probably won't see a whole lot more yet.

I think CBR and CSR will remain moderates. The prices will most likely increase a bit but will be nowhere near the price of a deluxe. The rooms in that new building will be higher but CSR already has suite and business class rates so that's nothing new just a different location. They may be trying to attract more conventions which can only be good for the rest of the guests staying there because of the extra amenities. I think CSR will be better than ever.

Would it make sense that just these new towers or sections would see a deluxe price while the older would remain the same? I wonder if that's why they would get rid of the categorization, or maybe that's just my optimistic hopes.
Could be. Similar to the price structure for garden vs. tower at the CR.

I wonder if they'll be doing something with AKL and WL to justify pushing their prices up as well. No matter what they do with CSR I can't see people being that happy to pay AKL/WL prices as long as AKL/WL are still available for the same prices.

Overall, I'm left wondering how they're going to fill the lower end price gap they're going to create with all these "upgrades"?? or do they just expect everyone to just find the extra money to pay to stay at the level they're accustomed to?

I wonder if they'll be doing something with AKL and WL to justify pushing their prices up as well. No matter what they do with CSR I can't see people being that happy to pay AKL/WL prices as long as AKL/WL are still available for the same prices.

Well I mean, WL is in the midst of a DVC upgrade (On top of other upgrades), though I'm not sure if they're expecting to see a price increase - at least on the main rooms. I haven't heard of any visible changes at AKL.

Not really possible for a variety of reasons...unless the customers allow it...which would be dumb.

Why not?

Current rooms would be Mod sized and spread out away from main building. Tower rooms larger, more luxurious, better views, and close to the good stuff.

Does it not make sense that there would be a significant difference in price?

Why not?

Current rooms would be Mod sized and spread out away from main building. Tower rooms larger, more luxurious, better views, and close to the good stuff.

Does it not make sense that there would be a significant difference in price?

The main pricing point is the amenities...for that reason alone it is difficult. Walled of ivory towers next to "gulags"

The more likely outcome is just to increase the price of old rooms...oh dear, wouldn't Disney be horrified?

The main pricing point is the amenities...for that reason alone it is difficult. Walled of ivory towers next to "gulags"

The more likely outcome is just to increase the price of old rooms...oh dear, wouldn't Disney be horrified?

I think they would have a hard time filling those rooms at deluxe pricing.

Keep in mind CSR already has Deluxe amenities at Mod pricing, so this isn't something new. The new part is the luxury tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter