Contemporary patio door access?

Squishie

Earning My Ears
We are staying at contemporary, hoping for 1st floor in the garden wing. If we are booked on the first floor, can we enter and leave through the patio door? Does it have a card scanner to lock and unlock?

Yes you may access the 1st floor rooms in the Garden Wing using the sliding door. However you can't lock it from the outside and there is no key card scanner so you will need another plan.

Dave

Sorry if I wasn’t clear - but making sure I understand you…. The thought was can we leave our room and go to the tower and then back through the door. It sounds like no matter what we would have to go through the garden wing building and leave that way, or have an unlocked room. Correct? There is no way to access the locked patio door and no way to lock it when we leave? Thanks.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear - but making sure I understand you…. The thought was can we leave our room and go to the tower and then back through the door. It sounds like no matter what we would have to go through the garden wing building and leave that way, or have an unlocked room. Correct? There is no way to access the locked patio door and no way to lock it when we leave? Thanks.

Thats right. You can’t lock the door after you go out. So you’d essentially be leaving your room unlocked. Best to lock it from the inside & leave via the hallway.

There is no way to access the locked patio door and no way to lock it when we leave? Thanks.
Correct you can't lock the sliding door or unlock it from the patio (outside) .

There are multiple exists from the Garden wing so you don't need to walk all the way through the wing to reach the Contemporary tower. Note this restriction is the same for all resorts that have a patio door. Many have greenery or shrubs blocking a true exit from the patio except in emergency situations.

Dave

Thank you!! I had heard some say it was great being able to enter and leave through the patio door with a stroller …. The must have been doing something differently. :-)

Thank you!! I had heard some say it was great being able to enter and leave through the patio door with a stroller …. The must have been doing something differently. :-)

As @Dave006 said, many rooms have landscaping or shrubs around the patio, so gojng thru with a stroller may not be possible anyway. However, if you get lucky, maybe 1 person stays in the room to lock the door after the other takes the stroller out the patio door. And reverse when you get back.

Correct you can't lock the sliding door or unlock it from the patio (outside) .

There are multiple exists from the Garden wing so you don't need to walk all the way through the wing to reach the Contemporary tower. Note this restriction is the same for all resorts that have a patio door. Many have greenery or shrubs blocking a true exit from the patio except in emergency situations.

Dave
if you don’t mind me asking, is there a map or way to see where the exits are from the garden wing? I only know of the main one out to the parking lot.

if you don’t mind me asking, is there a map or way to see where the exits are from the garden wing?
Yes and here is a general description. There are 4 building in the Garden wing. Each building has exits at either end of the building with walkways.

Here is a map screenshot view from TouringPlans.com site to help you get a better idea of the many exits. Bay lake is at the top of this layout, the canal between Bay lake and the Seven Seas lagoon on the right, and the pools on the left. The main Garden wing parking lot is at the bottom of the image.

1719258947601.png

Dave

if you don’t mind me asking, is there a map or way to see where the exits are from the garden wing? I only know of the main one out to the parking lot.
Pretty much there are doors on all “ends”.

My 1st floor room was at the blue dot. I did exit via patio way if I popped to main building , or pool for a short time but locked it if I went to the parks. I don’t really have anything valuable /can’t live without so I took the risk. I think it was 30 mins or less that I was out. I was close to a walkway and only had to go across a little bit of grass.

IMG_1018.png

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest