Considering a Christmas trip to WDW: anyone else?

We’ve booked BeeperMD for our trip, too. Just arranged it a couple of days ago to ensure we don’t get shut out during a busy time of year. Seems like a very convenient option, and you can’t get cheaper than free.
Totally agree with this! - it takes away some of the stigma of considering a trip for pleasure during these times.

It's FREE? Well then! Maybe we will take a trip....

It's FREE? Well then! Maybe we will take a trip....
Free! And no car required. You can book a two hour window, I booked a time we would normally head back to the resort to rest, still within the 72 hr before flight window and plenty of time to get the results back, supposed to be within 36 hours.

Free! And no car required. You can book a two hour window, I booked a time we would normally head back to the resort to rest, still within the 72 hr before flight window and plenty of time to get the results back, supposed to be within 36 hours.

That is so great. Thank you for explaining it to me! All of this stuff stresses me out.

The challenging thing I’m now finding is barely any availability over the Xmas break and prices double what I can usually get! Looking for something offsite on our second week.

Anyone else still on the fence? I’m almost sure we will now go! We’ve got POFQ booked for Dec 19-28. It feels like many obstacles have been lifted-don’t have to worry about the mixed vaccinations, if we fly out of DTW we don’t need to test to get over the border, the travel advisory has been dropped, etc. If they still demand a PCR test I figure we can use Beeper MD and by the time we get to the border we would have the results. If we test positive we will have to quarantine at home. I feel like that is the worst case scenario…am I missing something? (My fully vaxxed elderly aunt caught Covid in Alberta and only had a runny nose, so I’m not concerned that we will all die if we catch it…)

Since the feds removed the advisory against non-essential cross-border travel, my employer & PHU are permitting international travel without automatic 2 week quarantine for the fully vaccinated.

Since that announcement (2 wks maybe?), I have stalked my way to a 2bd at SSR from Dec 18-24. I just finally completed my nights in the same room category this morning after literally dozens of hours of hunting & grabbing & dumping single night accommodations 🥳

Anyone else still on the fence? I’m almost sure we will now go! We’ve got POFQ booked for Dec 19-28. It feels like many obstacles have been lifted-don’t have to worry about the mixed vaccinations, if we fly out of DTW we don’t need to test to get over the border, the travel advisory has been dropped, etc. If they still demand a PCR test I figure we can use Beeper MD and by the time we get to the border we would have the results. If we test positive we will have to quarantine at home. I feel like that is the worst case scenario…am I missing something? (My fully vaxxed elderly aunt caught Covid in Alberta and only had a runny nose, so I’m not concerned that we will all die if we catch it…)
I just cancelled. I’m waiting for testing to be completely lifted. I know I may be waiting a long time.

We had almost the same dates as you at POFQ. Have fun! :)

Since the feds removed the advisory against non-essential cross-border travel, my employer & PHU are permitting international travel without automatic 2 week quarantine for the fully vaccinated.

Since that announcement (2 wks maybe?), I have stalked my way to a 2bd at SSR from Dec 18-24. I just finally completed my nights in the same room category this morning after literally dozens of hours of hunting & grabbing & dumping single night accommodations 🥳
Great news!

He
Thanks very much. Everyone has a different comfort level, so I completely understand why you cancelled.

Hey pod we still haven’t cancelled our trip Dec 17-26, I’m thinking we will go. One night at Disney DVC then we are leaving our Disney bubble comfort level and doing a few nights at universal and then discovery cove for xmas . I will make the decision in next week or so hopefully . ( 2 littles not yet vaxxed remote learning so quarantine is ok but two big kids are )

We are booked Dec 19-26 at POFQ as well!
We wanted to stay a bit longer but DS 12 has a hockey tournament starting on Dec 28th. Plus we have a cruise mid January (moved from summer 2020…)
We are now pretty much confirmed for Disney World as we bought the Dec 21 Christmas party tickets and our flights with Southwest.
Haven’t booked the tests yet.

We are booked Dec 19-26 at POFQ as well!
We wanted to stay a bit longer but DS 12 has a hockey tournament starting on Dec 28th. Plus we have a cruise mid January (moved from summer 2020…)
We are now pretty much confirmed for Disney World as we bought the Dec 21 Christmas party tickets and our flights with Southwest.
Haven’t booked the tests yet.
That’s awesome! I booked our flights out of DTW yesterday! I am super excited now. I also haven’t booked the tests yet, as things might change in the next few weeks.

That’s awesome! I booked our flights out of DTW yesterday! I am super excited now. I also haven’t booked the tests yet, as things might change in the next few weeks.

You should book your tests if you're going to use BeeperMD; worse (best?) case scenario is you can always cancel them if the need for a test become redundant, otherwise you'll have guaranteed a spot in case they get busy and book up.

Pre-pandemic we normally fly out of DTW, but for our dates the times were less than ideal, and so we went with Southwest out of Buffalo. It’s the same distance for us (2.5 hrs) just going the other way. I haven’t had it all sink in yet I don’t think… so if I’m correct, we won’t have to do a test to cross the land border to the US or do a test to board a flight there as it’s domestic?
Just have to figure out the return test.

We had a trip booked to WDW for Christmas 2020 that we deferred to this year. Up until recently, I’ve been thinking there’s no way we would make the trip. But now, with covid cases in Florida doing much better, I’m starting to think it might be possible. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation?

We have two teenage kids and are fully vaccinated, no preexisting conditions. We would be travelling from December 19-23 (which we know will be busy). We’ve never done a Christmas trip to Disney before. We’re ok with wearing masks and sitting out some indoor shows/attractions/restaurants to avoid crowds, but would also want to make sure we see and do most of what’s new since our last trip in 2014 (e.g. Pandora, Star Wars etc.) We still aren’t out going to theatres/the gym/restaurants at home, but have flown domestically a couple of times since the pandemic began.

I really don’t know what we will decide. I’m watching reports from the 50th anniversary this weekend with interest.
I am going since this will more than likely be my last trip. After six years, have been diagnosed with a second inoperable malignant tumor. RoR is on my bucket list and it is now or never. Will use masks and avoid crowds if/when possible, but no longer really concerned about COVID exposure. It is funny how a tragedy can have a silver lining. Won't have to deal with all the political crap over the next 4 Years either!

You should book your tests if you're going to use BeeperMD; worse (best?) case scenario is you can always cancel them if the need for a test become redundant, otherwise you'll have guaranteed a spot in case they get busy and book up.
That’s a good idea… beeperMD with Walgreens as a backup maybe? I don’t know much about beeper MD, read bad reviews on FB but it looks like people haven’t had any issues with them in the last few months in the Orlando area

We bought Christmas party tickets a couple of days ago too, so I guess we’re going. :banana: No flights yet - hoping they might drop a little from where they are now, but who am I kidding, travel during the holiday season (December 18-23) is always going to be expensive.

@podgirl I thinking worst case is if we test positive then we need to quarantine in Florida but you’re saying you’d fly back drive across the border and quarantine at home? I hadn’t thought of it that way. We’d be flying from DTW, too.

if we test positive then we need to quarantine in Florida but you’re saying you’d fly back drive across the border and quarantine at home? I hadn’t thought of it that way. We’d be flying from DTW, too

This is the major advantage right now of flying out of the US in addition to the price; if you test positive you need to quarantine and you're a Canadian citizen or PR you cannot be turned away at the border so you simply tell the CBSA agent you're positive, give your documentation, and continue home. Expect your public health unit or provincial equivalent to follow up with you but really it's infinitely better than being denied boarding onto a plane flying to a Canadian airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter