Cons to purchasing Discovery Cove tickets through UT?

britt54311

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if there would be any reason not to get Discovery Cove tickets through UT? We plan to go Super Bowl Sunday 2022. There are 13 of us going plus a baby.

We just went this week and had no issues with our UT tickets. We went to SeaWorld first day. The eticket print out worked for parking (I had the preferred ticket, the rest of family had the regulations). The only issue is the ticket said to go to turn style, but we actually had to go to the ticket window first and exchange the eticket for passes since we hadn’t done Discovery Cove first.

No reason not to, but unless it is a really good deal I personally would wait. Feb is the slow season at DC (and SeaWorld, etc). In the past, you could get really good deals on DC directly starting around Sept/Oct, and especially on Black Friday week.

My DC day coming up in May was $202 w/ +3 park add-on including tax on Black Friday. Same ticket now is $539 before tax. A few years ago the Black Friday deal wasn't as good, but all days were priced at the cheapest price, so still a reasonable savings at that time.

If you buy direct from DC, it is fully refundable. UT charges at least the 5% restocking fee - that'd be quite a lot for 13 tickets. So IF I were going to buy now, it would be direct. But honestly I wouldn't, they've been pretty consistent w/ good Fall deals.

No reason not to, but unless it is a really good deal I personally would wait. Feb is the slow season at DC (and SeaWorld, etc). In the past, you could get really good deals on DC directly starting around Sept/Oct, and especially on Black Friday week.

My DC day coming up in May was $202 w/ +3 park add-on including tax on Black Friday. Same ticket now is $539 before tax. A few years ago the Black Friday deal wasn't as good, but all days were priced at the cheapest price, so still a reasonable savings at that time.

If you buy direct from DC, it is fully refundable. UT charges at least the 5% restocking fee - that'd be quite a lot for 13 tickets. So IF I were going to buy now, it would be direct. But honestly I wouldn't, they've been pretty consistent w/ good Fall deals.

I second this. I saved a ton of money by purchasing direct during the Black Friday sale. In addition to tickets, I was able to get 50% off quick queue at Sea World and Busch, in addition to a discount on the all-day dining packages.

Thks for all the replies. I will wait till black Friday to see what is offered.
Do Sundays book up though? We want to go on super bowl Sunday. That way when we are done at DC then we can go back to resort for game to make the men happy 😊

I sincerely doubt a Sun in mid Feb would book up. President's Day isn't til the next week so it's not a holiday weekend either.

I went 2018 the Sat of Pres Day weekend - other parks were very crowded that week, so a busy time. I purchased DC day at the Black Friday sale. The day never fully booked and continued to have decent rates until Jan-ish, then the rates started to rise. There just isn't the "water park" demand in Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter