• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

We’ve booked our Avelo flights for our trip. The proximity, more convenient flight times, and lack of need to arrive 3 hours early to check luggage weighed heavily in our choice to go with Avelo over Southwest.

I just read an article today about them coming to NH. I'm curious to see how your experience is. Please report back here if you think of it.

I just read an article today about them coming to NH. I'm curious to see how your experience is. Please report back here if you think of it.
My flight out isn’t until late December. I have a friend flying Avelo with her family on their first flight out in November so I’ll report back with what she says.

I just paid $440 for 3 people on JetBlue out of BDL - 9/29-10/5. Least amount I have ever paid to MCO. Blue Basic would have been $290!!!

BDL is a little closer then Tweed but nice to have another option!

We’ve booked our Avelo flights for our trip. The proximity, more convenient flight times, and lack of need to arrive 3 hours early to check luggage weighed heavily in our choice to go with Avelo over Southwest.
How early do they say to get there?

I see the Avelo price on the flight we booked heading to Orlando at the end of December has increased already. It’s only $10 more per ticket but I am glad I purchased all 4 of our tickets the first day they were on sale. The return flight to New Haven is still $69/person. I am curious to see if they drop prices or raise them; their future fare credit policy seems generous.

Last edited:
I see the Avelo price on the flight we booked heading to Orlando at the end of December has increased already. It’s only $10 per ticket but I am glad I purchased all 4 of our tickets the first day they were on sale. The return flight to New Haven is still $69/person. I am curious to see if they drop prices or raise them; their future fare credit policy seems generous.
They are losing money at $10 a seat. It’s a great introductory offer, but nothing that will stick. Still might be a great price in the long run.
Remember the risks of flying a low cost carrier.
I don’t say that lightly, as I work for one.

They are losing money at $10 a seat. It’s a great introductory offer, but nothing that will stick. Still might be a great price in the long run.
Remember the risks of flying a low cost carrier.
I don’t say that lightly, as I work for one.
Sorry, I should have clarified that it’s only $10 more per seat. The original price was $99 flying down and it is now $109. I’ve never flown any ULCC but the convenience of Tweed pushed us to Avelo. When we can fly for under $950 for 4 people and 4 checked bags, it’s worth a shot. Everything out of Bradley was over $1400. Southwest one way was over $900; they don’t have their return flights for January released yet.

I'm checking every day on my mid-Jan. flight, but nothing available yet (SW)
I like the time of that last nonstop to bdl on SW so I'll wait.

I'm checking every day on my mid-Jan. flight, but nothing available yet (SW)
I like the time of that last nonstop to bdl on SW so I'll wait.
Southwest has always been our go to! After being reshuffled 3 times each way from what was originally a non-stop in May (we ended up having to fly out a day earlier to even get a flight that only had 1 layover), I’m a bit wary of booking with them for our flight down. They haven’t yet released the dates for our return flight.

Sorry, I should have clarified that it’s only $10 more per seat. The original price was $99 flying down and it is now $109. I’ve never flown any ULCC but the convenience of Tweed pushed us to Avelo. When we can fly for under $950 for 4 people and 4 checked bags, it’s worth a shot. Everything out of Bradley was over $1400. Southwest one way was over $900; they don’t have their return flights for January released yet.
And I probably did not read it carefully enough… :magnify:

Hey nowwwwwww!

Central CT checking in. Owned at OKW since 1997. Last visit was the first week of March for a few nights. Scheduled to head down (1BR BWV) 3 nights before our 7-night Fantasy cruise in January '22...cautiously optimistic. We shall see.
Thanks for starting the thread!
Interesting information about Tweed - we are always SW out of Bradley. Might have to check it out.

Hey nowwwwwww!

Central CT checking in. Owned at OKW since 1997. Last visit was the first week of March for a few nights. Scheduled to head down (1BR BWV) 3 nights before our 7-night Fantasy cruise in January '22...cautiously optimistic. We shall see.
Thanks for starting the thread!
Interesting information about Tweed - we are always SW out of Bradley. Might have to check it out.
WELCOME JODI!
(and yes, I'm just hoping SW will move that date up a bit...)

Re flight times, not sure what is going on but Delta out of JFK has changed my flight to MCO in November, both flight number and time, twice now since I've booked two months ago. Anyone else experiencing this?

Re flight times, not sure what is going on but Delta out of JFK has changed my flight to MCO in November, both flight number and time, twice now since I've booked two months ago. Anyone else experiencing this?
Not recently but my BDL May flights were changed 3 times by Southwest. I had booked the flights in August 2020 and changes started happening in late January 2021.

Hi, I wasn’t sure if anyone had posted but, what is the additional charge for luggage on Avelo? I couldn't find it on their site. I wouldn’t mind flying out of Tweed as it is only 25 min from my house. I was talking with a friend about the fact Tweed was supposed to lengthen their runway to accommodate larger planes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter