Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

Hi, I wasn’t sure if anyone had posted but, what is the additional charge for luggage on Avelo? I couldn't find it on their site. I wouldn’t mind flying out of Tweed as it is only 25 min from my house. I was talking with a friend about the fact Tweed was supposed to lengthen their runway to accommodate larger planes.
We paid $30/person for 1 bag each way.

So i have already asked what your favorite resort is, how about what is your favorite restaurant to visit?

So i have already asked what your favorite resort is, how about what is your favorite restaurant to visit?
On property, in the past it was Beaches & Cream. Nice, smaller, quaint almost family like but then they decided to significantly expand it and the service seemed to go down as well as food quality. Then they raised the price of a Kitchen Sink from about $23 to $32. I wont spend that much for ice cream that we will never finish. Just grab a sundae.

We like Be Our Guest the best for a lunch. Crowded but enjoyable. There is a brand new restaurant just opening up in France called Crepes(sp) de Paris. And the 202 Space Restaurant - cannot wait for that experience.

For dinner we sometimes journey over to Boma. Really good choice of food. Also the Trattoria next to Boardwalk.

Off property we enjoy the Boathouse in Disney Springs. Good reasonable burgers. We stopped spending huge amounts of money on places like Le Cellier.

Any one else here in CT and travel with young kids?
We have a trip planned for Dec. I never imagined back when we backed at the 11 month mark that Covid numbers would be so high again.

The kids will wear mask whenever needed and do a good job. My biggest fear is that a few days before we need to leave DS will get an email from school that he was exposed and needs to quarantine. DVC points down the drain.

We are also taking the kids out of school for a few days and returning right back to school/ work. As I understand, CT follows the guidance that unvaccinated are “recommended” to quarantine not required after travel.

Right now we are booked in a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek. Which is amazing to get during Dec. Kids are super excited and we will celebrate DS’s 7th bday there. We are fine not spending much time in the parks and eating outdoors or in our room.

Anyway, just looking to hear what others in CT are doing as far as traveling with kids. Wondering if I should push it to June or drop DVC and book a refundable Fort Wilderness cabin to be safe?

Such a hard question. My favorite meal ever was at Narcossee’s. DD16 and I just started exploring signature restaurants and this was amazing. Dh doesn’t enjoy signatures or the GF so it’s not easy to go back.

I used to love Ohana dinner and Crystal Palace breast before park opening but they aren’t the same as they used to be. Hard to pay adult prices for DD16 at Ohana to eat chicken nuggets.

We have a trip planned for Dec. I never imagined back when we backed at the 11 month mark that Covid numbers would be so high again.

The kids will wear mask whenever needed and do a good job. My biggest fear is that a few days before we need to leave DS will get an email from school that he was exposed and needs to quarantine. DVC points down the drain.

We are also taking the kids out of school for a few days and returning right back to school/ work. As I understand, CT follows the guidance that unvaccinated are “recommended” to quarantine not required after travel.

Right now we are booked in a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek. Which is amazing to get during Dec. Kids are super excited and we will celebrate DS’s 7th bday there. We are fine not spending much time in the parks and eating outdoors or in our room.

Anyway, just looking to hear what others in CT are doing as far as traveling with kids. Wondering if I should push it to June or drop DVC and book a refundable Fort Wilderness cabin to be safe?

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't feel save traveling to Disney with my children until they're fully vaccinated. I've canceled a few trips already. I have one planned for the fall, but my youngest will be vaccinated by then as she turns 12 next month. If she wasn't eligible before my trip, I would have postponed it. Needless to say, these are just my personal views and the decision I've made.

Honestly I would just go for it! We have 2 children, now 7 and 4, we traveled multiple times now during covid. Last was January 2021, we even traveled Sept of 2020. Kids loved both trips, this past January was probably one of the best trips we had! Lower crowd levels, we stayed at Riviera, we did have to wear masks even outdoors but we mad the best of it. Ct is not mandating quarantines etc. Enjoy!! We also have a Nov cruise planned, and a February trip back to Beach club planned as well!!!

Agree it is a tough decision. But you are still 3 months out and the cases in FL are dropping. I would wait another month to see what those numbers are looking like and then make a decision.

We have gone to Disney World 5 times since last August 2020 with our daughter who was 10 turning 11 on the first trip and is now 12. Varying levels of cases in FL each time. We folllowed mask protocols (No masks on July 2021 trip) and were religious with hand sanitation while in parks and before eating. We never had a single issue. We are back at WDW 9/29-10/5 but for the first time fully vaccinated as a family. I say go.

We've had the best experiences at Raglan Road in DS! Great mussels! We've enjoyed everything we've ordered, and the music, dancing, atmosphere and energy of the place are exactly what we all enjoy.
Recently had two great experiences at IL Mulino at the Swan. Yumm!
GF Cafe is always lovely and perfect in our opinion.
Always have a fun time and enjoy the food at Teppan Edo in Japan pavilion at EPCOT. We don't have a hibachi place at home so for us it's good fun.

We took our kids (then 5 and 7) over Thanksgiving 2020 but they were fully remote by our choice. When we went in May 2021, they were back in school. But remote was an option so we switched them to remote learning after April break. We were very strict with sanitizer and distancing. In May, the outdoor mask rules shifted during our trip but people still mostly kept their distance. We had no issues with either trip.

The kids are now 6 and 8 and are in school full time since remote is currently not an option. We are supposed to be going at the end of December and, as of now, we plan to go but are keeping an eye on the numbers. We’ve timed our trip so they will be home for 10 days between the last day of school and the day we leave.

FYI for you foodies, Space 220 in EPCOT is opening reservations September 20th.

Lunch is $55 price fix per person (salad and burger as an example)
Dinner is $79. (salad and salmon as an example). I hope they include a drink but did not see that.
Kids $29 either.

Then there is tax and tip so dinner is really $100+ for drinks and dessert added per person. Lunch is a bit rich for my taste. I know its all about the atmosphere. I've only seen Victoria & Alberts charging more.

Speaking of foodies....We were up early this AM and landed Celebration at the Top: 50th Flavors & Fireworks at Disney's Contemporary Resort for 10/2......but it was $482 for 3 people!!! :sad2:

I think Disney did a nice job on the tv special on Oct. 1st.
It was great to see old footage. My DS (16) found it very interesting too, which is saying something! We're very glad so much thought is going into the entrance of EPCOT which sorely needed help! Miss the fountain tho 😔
Anyway, wondered what other Nutmeggers thought...

I think Disney did a nice job on the tv special on Oct. 1st.
It was great to see old footage. My DS (16) found it very interesting too, which is saying something! We're very glad so much thought is going into the entrance of EPCOT which sorely needed help! Miss the fountain tho 😔
Anyway, wondered what other Nutmeggers thought...

Yes they did a great job on the Special and we got to see the changes (love the sparkles on Spaceship Earth) and the new rides. Not having been there for 1 & 3/4 years it was refreshing and DW was OOing and Ahhing. Singers were great.

Going in one month but still concerned about the fact that per the DIS boards, about 20% of the people are not wearing masks inside. I'm probably more paranoid than most about the virus because I'm older.

Will decide about Genie+ after the first day. And am NOT getting one of the new interactive color glowing magic bands which will be likely about $40 since the plain ones which they still offer are $20. Still have my older one.

Last time on Magical Express so will enjoy it one more time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter