*Confirmed* G+ Changes to Advanced Lightning Lane

Limiting who gets what to Resort Guests first also means there goes all the E ticket rides (Peter Pan, 7DMT, Tron, GOTG, FOP, maybe Everest, MMRR, Slinky Dog etc) and they’ll never leave them open for non-resort guests, which is just the problem with FP+ all over again.
Not necessarily. Since Disney knows who's staying at an onsite resort and who isn't, they could hold open a pool of reservations for offsite park visitors.

Notice that I said "could." I have no idea whether Disney is actually going to do that.

It seems that once you use your first Multi Pass Lightning Lane you can book one to replace it. The use all 3 is the only required to book slots at a different park from where you started.
Yeah, that makes sense, it’s basically just Paid FP+ (Maxpass for DLR people?). My only issue is that really, they’ve removed the stacking ability, which to me could bring a lot of value, and they still won’t offer re-rides (meaning it can be a 1:1 paid DAS alternative, because DAS offers re-rides). If you manage to get LL selections only starting in the afternoon, you’ve blocked out your morning because you can’t plan any before you tap into your first one, and you’ve limited yourself on the other rides you could reasonably LL into because your first late pick means you’ve got less time to use it in the park. It’s not awful if your used to the FP+ system and can have options, but if everything you want is in the afternoon only, you’ll either need to make a choice you don’t really want to fill the morning and give you more options, or be fine with only getting value out of it in the afternoon. Also does nothing to help the “Resort Guests took all the available E-ticket spots” issue that we still had when FP+ was around.

I can't tell--can you use this in other parks? Or only in the 1 park you booked in advance?
Edited: Yes, you can use it in other parks, but you can book only 1 park in advance.

And if you can use it in only one park, then it had better be less expensive than the current G+, not more. Yet I fear it'll be more.
Edited: WDW isn't saying anything about the price except that it will vary.

Who thinks up this stuff? And why is going to WDW getting more and more complex?

Edited for answers to my own questions!

Last edited:
Yeah, that makes sense, it’s basically just Paid FP+ (Maxpass for DLR people?). My only issue is that really, they’ve removed the stacking ability, which to me could bring a lot of value, and they still won’t offer re-rides (meaning it can be a 1:1 paid DAS alternative, because DAS offers re-rides). If you manage to get LL selections only starting in the afternoon, you’ve blocked out your morning because you can’t plan any before you tap into your first one, and you’ve limited yourself on the other rides you could reasonably LL into because your first late pick means you’ve got less time to use it in the park. It’s not awful if your used to the FP+ system and can have options, but if everything you want is in the afternoon only, you’ll either need to make a choice you don’t really want to fill the morning and give you more options, or be fine with only getting value out of it in the afternoon. Also does nothing to help the “Resort Guests took all the available E-ticket spots” issue that we still had when FP+ was around.
I get people don't want to spend all day with their heads in their phones, but going back to FP+ you were able still pull day of slots for big E-Tickets. I'm talking about spending 5 minutes of refreshing and pulling Flight of Passage. I know that's not going to happen now since it's stand by or ILL only now, but this idea that the only thing available was Tough to be a Bug, or Living with the Land isn't true.

Not necessarily. Since Disney knows who's staying at an onsite resort and who isn't, they could hold open a pool of reservations for offsite park visitors.

Notice that I said "could." I have no idea whether Disney is actually going to do that.
They should take care of their resort guests first. Not sure why or how this is a hard concept for people. Why would Disney care if the non resort guests get everything they want? They already have their ticket money from them. It’s pretty well known Disney is ina. Pinch lately with resort bookings, so.. if you want the perks of booking earlier, stay on property!

Bingo the resort guess should get the highest tier of preferential treatment. Though I'm not a fan of the potential classism aspect that was rumored awhile ago, where say everyone gets a 7 day window, and 3 selections, but if you are staying deluxe you get 3 more slots, and if at a moderate 2 more slots, and at a value nope just 3.

Also does nothing to help the “Resort Guests took all the available E-ticket spots” issue that we still had when FP+ was around.
This newest version has placed all of the E-ticket rides into Tier 1 (other than the ILLs), and you will only get to make advance selection of one ride from the Tier 1 group, with the other two from Tier 2. It seems like this is designed to keep LL availability open for some of the E-ticket rides for off-site guests. I am even speculating that under this version of the pay-to-play system, it may be difficult to pull a second or third Tier 1 ride, and you will have to use standby to ride those. I am just guessing, and we will find out soon enough what kind of new ride access issues occur with this system.

This newest version has placed all of the E-ticket rides into Tier 1 (other than the ILLs), and you will only get to make advance selection of one ride from the Tier 1 group, with the other two from Tier 2. It seems like this is designed to keep LL availability open for some of the E-ticket rides for off-site guests. I am even speculating that under this version of the pay-to-play system, it may be difficult to pull a second or third Tier 1 ride, and you will have to use standby to ride those. I am just guessing, and we will find out soon enough what kind of new ride access issues occur with this system.
That does sound a little better, limiting the amount you can pick it should help availability for everyone, but I do agree, if you’ve already scored A T1 ride, you should be able to re-ride it at least once. In fact, if they wanted this to be a true DAS alternative, I feel like they could offer more value to guests by allowing Re-rides of the stuff you’ve already scored an LL on, especially since they’re apparently removing the 2hr stacking ability. Part of the appeal of DAS is the fact that you can re-ride rides as many times as you want, and I think if you’ve got the time and they have the slots available, you should be able to pick another time to re-ride a ride.

One more comment and then I need to leave and decompress: the tiers stink; the tiers stink; the tiers stink. This is something I was looking forward to, and Disney once again crushed my hopes. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better now.

So are we going to be able to pick times when we pre-book like we could with fast pass? Also able to modify those times? It will suck if it's like it is now where you might not get a ride until later and you can't get another until you use the first pass. Also, what about park hopping?

So are we going to be able to pick times when we pre-book like we could with fast pass? Also able to modify those times? It will suck if it's like it is now where you might not get a ride until later and you can't get another until you use the first pass. Also, what about park hopping?

Yes it seems you can pick whatever available slot you want, gone are the Genie + days of where it defaults to next available and then you have to adjust to get a timeframe that works for you.

According to the FAQ on https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/lightning-lane-passes/#faqItem10 it seems that you can start immediately looking for the 4th LL after you use 1 LL. At that point in time you can start looking at other parks if your ticket allows Park Hopping and the park isn't at capacity.

This seems to be basically FP+ mechanically with a price attached to it, shrunken pre-booking window, and you don't need to wait to use all 3 before you can Park Hop (or for that matter even select the 4th LL).

I actually like this a bit more because FP+ did a better job of spreading people out throughout the day. Initially you couldn't modify a LL so everyone basically had to show up early to the park. And even when modifications were made available, I'm sure most individuals never thought of modifying the LL back to a convenient time while keeping the 2 hour clock counting down (though I bet a lot on this thread did just that).

One more comment and then I need to leave and decompress: the tiers stink; the tiers stink; the tiers stink. This is something I was looking forward to, and Disney once again crushed my hopes. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better now.
You can still do the tier one rides as many times as you want. In the past we would pick a popular ride (Tier one) and the rope drop another Tier one.

Exciting news day! Post #1 has been updated to reflect the changes and provide a centralized spot for information.
Is there a link to the graphic? It's too out of focus to read, even zoomed in. Thanks

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest