Confessions of an obsessive planner... Let the countdown begin!!

I am much more rested today! I was actually able to sleep last night, probably from sheer exhaustion! Anyhoo, today is looking much better. :thumbsup2

I figured I've shared so much from this big ol' bag of crazy I've got that I might as well show you the rest. You've heard about my need for perfect schedules and ADRs, my obsession with t-shirts, and all the rest so now I'll share with you... the goody bags AKA my efforts to spread the magic. :tink:

When I finished my t-shirt plans I was so deeply sucked into the disign boards that I just kept going... I had planned to make a simple autograph book from index cards but one with characters is soooo much cuter, right? Then I wanted to make passports for epcot. And lets not forget the pressed penny money tubes. Then I found the Mickey head character notes. :dance3: They are gift tags with notes from various characters and they are oh so cute! :hyper:

Well, the gift tags got me thinking... wouldn't it be fun if the kids were suprised by some of this stuff, and wouldn't it be even more fun if they got their suprises while we were at WDW with a note from a character! Well, all of this thinking evolved into the goody bags. :rolleyes1 The first goody bag they'll get the day we leave and it is going to have lots of stuff in it, some they'll know about before hand, some they won't. It includes:
  • Disney pillowcases (that I mentioned in the t-shirt post)
  • lanyards with trading pins- I'm getting these on eBay since they'll be trading and it won't matter which pins they start with as long as they're official tradable pins
  • a journal made with pages found on the disign boards
  • disney pens and markers
  • money envelopes- also found on the disign boards and will have their spending money in them
  • autograph book
  • window clings- I'm hoping to find some of these at a dollar store, if not then back to the disign boards
  • passport
  • Mickey head crocs
  • snack tickets- we'll each have 3 extra snack credits on the DDP and I had tickets disigned so they could have freedom with it but I'd still be able to easily keep track

Karen is also making them an activity book for traveling. :lovestruc

Each day after that they'll be getting an itinerary to attach to their lanyards (on cute mickey head borderd paper of course), an invitation to that days ADR (found on the disign boards), and a t-shirt or other small gift. These will have the character note gift tags attached. By getting a goody bag each morning they'll (hopefully) be excited about hopping out of bed and we'll get to rope drop on time. The itineraries are for my sanity as much as anything. I figure if they have a list of the order we'll be doing things then they won't be asking me all day what's next. I'm also hoping that seeing the list of what we're doing will build up some anticipation and get everyone excited for the day. I'm hoping to hold off what our dining plans will be each day until they get the invitation so it will be a fun surprise. I'm also hoping that I can keep some of the t-shirts a surprise; some they already know about and they'll help with the tie-dye but I'm really trying to keep the rest under wraps. We'll see...

On day 2, our first park day, they already know about the shirts they'll be wearing so they are getting their pressed penny money tubes. If you're not familiar it is an M&M tube filled with quarters and pennies for those pressed penny souvenir machines. My kids love those and this will be fun. I've been warned not to bring them pre-loaded though because the money in a tube looks suspiscious when x-rayed and could cause hold ups at security. They say the same thing about bringing rolls of change so I'm not sure yet how I'm bringing this money- baggies?? :confused3

Day three they'll get their name fill shirts, day 4 their grandparent shirts. Day 5 is when we're going to see Spectro/Wishes so they'll get glow necklaces. Day 6 the Mickey head shirts, Day 7 the Park Faire shirts.

On day 8, our return travel day, I plan on either leaving them a special souvenir that they eyed during the week or giving them money to get something at DTD. It really depends on our flight info and what we have time for.

So, that's it. Not too over the top, right? :rolleyes::rotfl:

awesome plans, Hope!!! My ties dyes came out ok. I love Victoria's as it came out great with lots of color. I did mine first and it's more white than anything else. I did mine first and I think I was afraid to run the colors onto the Mickey head itself. I still like it, Victoria's is just better! :confused3 I've been a busy little bee, too. I've done my Mousekeeping & tip envelopes and tonz of lime green Mickey heads to attach to my backpack and waist pouch! Victoria thinks I'm obsessed! If she only knew! :rotfl: Heck, we just got dumped on with 2 feet of snow this weekend, so I was stuck inside for 3 days!!! The neighbor came over to plow.....he was probably laughing at my kept getting the snowblower stuck! It was that heavy, wet snow that's impossible to move!

Thanks Ann! I have mousekeeping and dining envelopes saved on my computer! I know you're shocked. :rotfl2:

Glad to hear your t-shirts came out- I know what you mean about being tentative with the first one, that's why I'm glad I'll be making mine with someone who's BTDT.

It's good to have good neighbors. :thumbsup2

Hi Hope, subbing in! I am the crazy person that talked Karen into doing a PTR after reading her TR. So since she blames me for all this, I guess you can blame me too:lmao: Great start although it looks pretty well finished to me. Now me, I am going in July and need to make ADRs next month and have not even checked with "Mike" on what the "green" days are. Boy do I have some work ahead of me.! I kind of like to spread it out, otherwise if I do everything too early, I keep going back and making changes which makes me and hubby crazy! Keep up the good work!:wizard:

Gina

Hi Gina and welcome! Honestly I can blame others for my obsession all I want but the truth is I just love planning and with WDW and the DIS there is so much to plan that it's easy to get sucked in. :surfweb: Just don't tell Karen, I like to keep her thinking it's all her fault. :rolleyes1

It does seem that I have pretty much everything done... which is why I started a PTR to begin with... I'd run out of things to plan and was itching for something trip related to do so I just figured I'd tell other people what I'd been up to. :rotfl: I'm at a bit of a "What now?" stage to be honest. I do have a to do list that is sorted by month so I can try to pace myself a bit. Things like making ADRs, printing out the journals, making the shirts, etc.

Last month I printed and made the kids spending money envelopes and their pressed penny tubes. This month I'm booking the rooms and scouring the dollar store for gift bags and window clings. I have a WDW tub that I keep stuff in as I go (guess who I learned that from :lmao: ) and will just keep adding to it as I finish things. So, I guess I have the plans done its just putting those plans into action that I have to do now... and that just isn't nearly as much fun for me so hopefully reporting back and posting pics of my progress to you guys will keep me motivated to get it all done and not put everything off until the last minute! :goodvibes

Back again! Less than 10 minutes after I made my last post my Keens were delivered! I was soooo excited until I opened the box and realized they'd sent me the wrong color. :sad1: I looked over the invoice and checked my email confirmation and they both said I should have gotten the sahara which is a dark tan but these are black. :confused3 I considered just keeping them but since they are canvas the black almost looks denim and they won't look good with jeans since it would be two differnt shades of denim. On the up side Sierra Trading Post has a great return/exchange policy and they're shipping them to me right away (even before they get these back!) free of charge and the return shipping is also free.

I went ahead and tried them on to see how they feel and they seem promising! A lot of people said they'd be great right out of the box without breaking them in but the canvas seems a little stiff around the heel so I think breaking them in will be necessary. All in all though I'm impressed- they accomodate my wide feet without slipping around and also support my high arches. Hopefully these will pamper my feet while I'm walking around the World (and with Karen if it ever gets warm enough for us to walk!).

I also went ahead and took some pics of the kid's money envelopes and penny tubes to share... like I said I'm a much better planner than implementer and if I'm sharing my progress as I go it will hopefully motivate me to actually carry out all these grand plans. :rolleyes:

Kya's stuff: Hannah Montana, Fairies, and High School Musical

_MG_8776.jpg

Jace's stuff: Lego Star Wars, Phinneas and Ferb, and Jedi Mickey

_MG_8779.jpg

I went ahead and made two envelopes in the hopes that we'll have time for them to shop for themselves on the last day- if not though then I know Mom will want to give them some money and she can use the extras. :goodvibes

ETA: I just got off the phone with Sierra Trading Post (there was an issue with the online exchange) and the woman on the phone was very thankful to me for being so polite and understanding about the error and just as we were about to hang up she threw in a $10 gift certificate. My grandma always said you catch more flies with honey! :)

Sorry about the sneaks it stinks when you are waiting for something and it comes in wrong! That was good about the gift certificate - I always try to remember that the CS I am speaking with did not pack my box so don't take my anger out on her. That does not always work but it sounds good in theory!

Love the money envelopes - how did you do that? No wait don't tell me then I will get started with all that stuff, hmmmm good Easter basket stuff?? Last year I scrapbooked pages for each of my girls and framed them with their favorite princesses, planes, tix etc. and the dates for our trip - that's how I told them! They were so excited and now they have them hanging on their walls. Oh so tell me....

I was thinking of doing something like a pillowsheet for autographs, but I don't want to have to carry around a clipboard at the park. Seems like it would end up a better souvenir though. Maybe we can make a collage from the autograph books & pics this time and frame it?

Sorry about the sneaks it stinks when you are waiting for something and it comes in wrong! That was good about the gift certificate - I always try to remember that the CS I am speaking with did not pack my box so don't take my anger out on her. That does not always work but it sounds good in theory!

Love the money envelopes - how did you do that? No wait don't tell me then I will get started with all that stuff, hmmmm good Easter basket stuff?? Last year I scrapbooked pages for each of my girls and framed them with their favorite princesses, planes, tix etc. and the dates for our trip - that's how I told them! They were so excited and now they have them hanging on their walls. Oh so tell me....

I try to remember the same thing when dealing with CS- I was a checker at Wal-mart during college and was amazed at how mad people could get when stuff didn't scan correctly- I had NOTHING to do with putting prices into the computer! I try to remember that when I'm dealing with people.

I got the envelopes from a thread on the DISign boards. I got these from mcraft17's thread but Natalie also has a lot of great stuff- but be warned before you go there that it is ADDICTIVE! :surfweb:

I was thinking of doing something like a pillowsheet for autographs, but I don't want to have to carry around a clipboard at the park. Seems like it would end up a better souvenir though. Maybe we can make a collage from the autograph books & pics this time and frame it?

I saw the pillowcases, they are cute and I thought about them as well (especially since I'm already making pillowcases) and I like the simplicity of the pillowcase but I think in the long run something with the pics with the characters will be more special.

I'd planned to make the autograph pages with enough space at the top to cut them out easily so we can make a scrapbook or something when we get home OR just leave one side of the page blank so we could put the pics directly in the autograph book. I like the collage idea too though so now, I'm not sure. :confused3

Okay, very slight change in plans (which those of you following Karen's PTR already read about, lol). We aren't planning to do MNSSHP but she is and there are certain things that will be way more fun for the girls (and us!) to do together. BB and a KP Mission at WS were things we definately wanted the girls to do together so when Karen needed to change her plans for MNSSHP we needed to adjust as well. It was actually a pretty welcome challenge because I needed something Disney to do today. :rotfl:

So, the new schedule (changes in bold):

Saturday September 25:
-Travel Day
-DTD & Disney Quest*
-S (1) lunch
-take water taxi to POFQ for CS (1) dinner @ Sassagoula Floatworks

Sunday September 26:
-sleep in, breakfast in room
-World Showcase @ 11:00
-TS (1) @ Biergarten for late lunch
-Cantina de San Angel for CS (2) dinner and drinks
-Illuminations (watch from Cantina patio- arrive about an hour early)

Monday September 27:
-DHS* rope drop, breakfast in room
-Sci-fi Diner TS (2) lunch
-back to resort to swim/relax
-Cosmic Ray’s CS (3) dinner
-Wishes/Spectro*

Tuesday September 28:
-Crystal Palace Character Breakfast TS (3)
-MK rope drop
-S (2) lunch, back to resort
- Robbie and I to Big River Grille, Planet Hollywood for kids, mom, and dad TS (4)

Wednesday September 29:
-sleep in, CS (4) breakfast at Pepper Market or ASM
-Blizzard Beach*, S (3) lunch at BB
-Chef Mickey’s TS (5) Mom and Dad may want a night off

Thursday September 30:
-Epcot: Future World* rope drop, breakfast in room
-Sunshine Seasons* CS (5) lunch with Karen
-Kim Possible Mission with Karen, break
-CS (6) dinner at ASM or Pepper Market

Friday October 1:
-Tusker House Character Breakfast TS (6)
-AK rope drop
-S (4) lunch, back to resort to rest/swim (Karen @ F&W- Savannah may want to come back and swim with us)
-1900 Character Dinner TS (7)
-Wishes from Marina at GF

Saturday October 2:
-CS (7) breakfast at ASM
-use any left over snack credits- can take these with us for trip home!
-check out by 11 am
-travel home

Pretty simple, just swapped FW and BB days and moved Spectro/Wishes to Monday. I think I like this new schedule better because it gives us a day to sleep in during the week instead of being up early for rope drop or an ADR three days in a row. :goodvibes

I'm adding a TOC to the first post and taking a cue from Karen to put 'official' posts in a different color so those who just want the planning updates can find them easily. :)

I'm giggling at all the folks that are probably seeing double when they read both our PTRs! :laughing: I like the new itinerary as well, it works out better for us to have a sleep in day on Wednesday and when I moved my ADRs around it ended up better as well b/c now we have 1 TS a day and before there were 2 days with 2 and 2 days with none! I'm glad to see that my craziness helped you out. :p

Heehee, I just noticed that we are both eating at Biergarten on Sunday (you for lunch and us for dinner) and we'll both be at Epcot that night. I doubt we'll stay for Illuminations though, not sure. Do you think by the time the trip rolls around we will be at the same parks every single day? ;)

Heehee, I just noticed that we are both eating at Biergarten on Sunday (you for lunch and us for dinner) and we'll both be at Epcot that night. I doubt we'll stay for Illuminations though, not sure. Do you think by the time the trip rolls around we will be at the same parks every single day? ;)

LOL! That would be funny- I'm sure the girls wouldn't object! We'll be on the patio at Cantina so if you guys decided to do Illuminations you could come watch with us. :goodvibes

Fellow obsessive planner here, joining in the fun! popcorn:: I'm going to keep this window open while I read all your updates, so this post will bounce around a bit....

Your trip dates are exactly the same as mine were last year. We had SO much fun. It was hot, but not scorching, and the crowds weren't bad at all. We had Free Dining and LOVED it!

That is awesome about the lotto!! Too cool!

Your ADR's look great! You really can't wrong with a buffet when trying to please a lot of different palates. :thumbsup2 I had a ton of stuff delivered by GG....and ended up leaving most of it for another DISer that was checking into the same resort the day after we left. We just didn't end up eating in the room much. :confused3 But it is always better to be prepared! :goodvibes

Those shoes are really cute! I bought Crocs flip-flops to wear last year, but didn't break them in first and ended up with really painful blisters on both feet on the second day. So I bought some Mickey head regular Crocs at Mouse Gears and wore those the rest of the week. :thumbsup2

The pillowcases and shirts sound super cute! Can't wait for pics! Love the envelopes and penny tubes! I can't wait until my kids are old enough for stuff like that.

Whew! I think I'm caught up. Now just waiting on another update..... ;)

Hi Julia! Welcome to my obsession!

Wondering about the crocs- everyone says NOT to break in crocs before because they are better new. Is it just the flip flops that need broken in because of the thing between the toe?

We won't have much delivered maybe just a bit of beer for dad and Robbie to relax with on slow evenings and maybe 1/2 gallon of milk for our breakfasts in the room. I do want to be prepared but also want to stick to the budget. I figure having reasonable priced beer will HELP the budget way more than it will hurt it, lol.

Hi Julia! Welcome to my obsession!

Wondering about the crocs- everyone says NOT to break in crocs before because they are better new. Is it just the flip flops that need broken in because of the thing between the toe?

We won't have much delivered maybe just a bit of beer for dad and Robbie to relax with on slow evenings and maybe 1/2 gallon of milk for our breakfasts in the room. I do want to be prepared but also want to stick to the budget. I figure having reasonable priced beer will HELP the budget way more than it will hurt it, lol.

Yes, I think it is just the flip flops that need to be broken in first. I didn't have any problems with my new Mickey ones. ITA about the reasonably priced beer!! We didn't buy any last year, but my SIL did, and I remember it being a bit outrageous! I admittedly went way overboard with my GG order last year. Oh well, live and learn, right? :thumbsup2

Hope, we could SHARE an order and then the minimum amount wouldn't seem so bad??? I was just going to get milk, bagels, cream cheese and stuff like that in the gift shop, but maybe it would save us both to share an order?

just found your PTR--our dates are overlapping--we'll be there from 9-28 to 10-9. I'm an obsessive planner too, lol. Most of it worked out and we just went with the flow when it didnt' work out, lol. your plan for the park looks great but be prepared for issues with the toy story riding in the am. We were there about a month ago at rope drop and the line for TSM was INSANE not to mention that the fast pass line was just as bad as the actual ride and by 10 am the Fast pass line was giving out return fast passes for a return time of 8pm at night--we didn't do the fast pass because it locked up all our fast passes for the day until 8pm, so that might be something you want to consider The standby times for TSM went from 45 minutes to 2 hours and that's supposed to be a SLOW season:confused3 We were at HS three different days and never did get to ride it because we weren't willing to wait that long in standby or wait till the end of the night to ride it....

How does the homeschool tickets work with the free dining promotion? Do they let you have both discounts or are you paying out of pocket for the Dining plan? I know that they wouldn't let me do a double discount on our December vacation, but that was a free dining pin and discounted room rate, so is it different for the homeschool discount? I'd love to do the discounted tickets since we're considering starting GenevaClaire in Homeschool this year rather than sending her to public school kindergarten-
but we're not sure, it depends on how they transistion her from her special preschool into kindy--so we have to wait till May till they do the meeting to see what services they can provide her or if we'll do homeschool and private therapy sessions

subbing in and counting the days:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter