Concierge question...

Iris1974

Dis Veteran
Is the full price of a concierge 1 bedroom suite non refundable Or is it just the deposit. TIA. 😊

Just checked a 3-night Dream cruise to the Bahamas. One-bedroom Suite.

20% deposit was due today. (not the 3-day hold.)

Here is the cancellation chart linked to this cabin. Note it is complete loss of deposit from booking until 90 days.

Other cabins, sail lengths get deposit back until 90 or 120 days. (Not including Restricted rates.).

IMG_0028.jpeg

Is the full price of a concierge 1 bedroom suite non refundable Or is it just the deposit. TIA. 😊
The concierge deposit is non-refundable. Once you get to the pay-in-full date within 120 or 90 days (depending on length of cruise) there is a cancellation penalty scale that increases as you get closer to the cruise date. I think it’s completely non-refundable with 2 weeks of sailing.

Note that although the deposit is non-refundable as soon as it is paid, it can be moved to another cruise if it’s more than 90 days before the original sailing.

Even if the cabin on the new cruise is not concierge, the amount from the concierge deposit remains non-refundable.

Note that although the deposit is non-refundable as soon as it is paid, it can be moved to another cruise if it’s more than 90 days before the original sailing.

Even if the cabin on the new cruise is not concierge, the amount from the concierge deposit remains non-refundable.
Thanks.
The Magic word is Change /Modify. Just not Cancel.

Thank You @auntlynne, @lanejudy and @Mommb for the info. My friend and I are thinking about booking a 1 bedroom suite for my 50th birthday cruise out of New Orleans in February. I have the feeling we're going to book it but just want to wait a little to see how I do on a new medication before doing it. If I can't go in February I'm sure we could do one in Oct. 2024 and cruise concierge 1 bedroom suite. I just have to wait to see how much it will be. There are 5/ 1 bedroom suites left on the cruise and If I see them selling out I'll contact my TA right away. Thanks so much again. :smickey:

Shauna :eeyore:

Thank You @auntlynne, @lanejudy and @Mommb for the info. My friend and I are thinking about booking a 1 bedroom suite for my 50th birthday cruise out of New Orleans in February. I have the feeling we're going to book it but just want to wait a little to see how I do on a new medication before doing it. If I can't go in February I'm sure we could do one in Oct. 2024 and cruise concierge 1 bedroom suite. I just have to wait to see how much it will be. There are 5/ 1 bedroom suites left on the cruise and If I see them selling out I'll contact my TA right away. Thanks so much again. :smickey:

I did an Alaska cruise on Disney for my 50th. Was going to do AK again for my 65th, but am now contemplating trying a new destination, maybe even a European river cruise. I’ve got (only) a few years til then. (As I type this, it is actually my birthday). Twelve years ago, we were cruising up Tracy Arm to see the Sawyer Glacier. Beautiful.

Hoping you end up with a fantastic celebration - and you can get medication squared.

Happy Birthday @auntlynne!!! :bday:

My mom passed away in October 2022 and she would have been 90 on June 25th. If she were here she would be the one calling my sisters to set up a party for me. When I turned 40 she threw me a Luau party with really good food and a beautiful cake. It was a great day that I will never forget. Since my mom isn't here I figured I would take it upon myself to do something for being a half century old. :scared: My best friend is kind enough to go with me. I think she needs a vacation too. She works with 2 year olds. Thank you for the well wishes and the medication is doing it's job nicely. I feel better in just the week I've been taking it. I wish I could afford Alaska. I'm lucky I can afford the cruise I'm going on. My mom left me some money to do with as I please and she wanted me to go on a cruise more than anything. I've been dreaming of it for 10 years. Just haven't had the money or anyone to go with until now. I hope your 65th is birthday cruise is a special one and you get to have a lot of fun. :flower1:

Shauna :smickey:

Go on that cruise and enjoy your 50th. I lost both parents last year and turned 50 this year. I didn't do anything for my birthday, because I was too sad to enjoy it. Now (although still sad at times) I realize the one thing they would want is for me to enjoy my life and not be sad for them or about them. My mom was the life of the party and always pushing people to enjoy themselves and live it up. It's a little late, but I'm now trying to do that. Enjoy whatever cabin you book and whatever cruise you take and make sure you celebrate making it to 50!

Go on that cruise and enjoy your 50th. I lost both parents last year and turned 50 this year. I didn't do anything for my birthday, because I was too sad to enjoy it. Now (although still sad at times) I realize the one thing they would want is for me to enjoy my life and not be sad for them or about them. My mom was the life of the party and always pushing people to enjoy themselves and live it up. It's a little late, but I'm now trying to do that. Enjoy whatever cabin you book and whatever cruise you take and make sure you celebrate making it to 50!
It‘s not too late if you can enjoy today. Then try again tomorrow. It doesn‘t mean party or cruise everyday.

For me, it’s counting the rabbits I see on my neighborhood walk. The sunsets, flowers and trees, the other day, a regal deer. And this week, late nights sky watching to see the Space Station. (I don’t just stand there at random times, I follow a list for my area. Happy does not necessarily mean crazy!)

Now I have a question (based on my experience). Are you going to share the bed - or is someone sleeping on the kid’s option?

I cruised with a friend for her birthday celebration. She got the bed, I got the leftovers. It was a really big one-bedroom on the Magic (the mid-ship double-wide verandah one). I had no place comfortable to sleep. I think the regular flip-forward sofa twin bed would have been a million times better than what I had (fold-out soda or Murphy Bed).

I will always opt for two cruises over the extra cost of Concierge, especially if the bedding situation were to be like this.

Or stay at a swanky hotel - with two real beds.

Last edited:
@auntlynne You telling me about your 50th birthday got me thinking. I had to do the math and I have to talk to my friend but I'm thinking about an Alaskan cruise in May 2024. It would be an inside stateroom on deck 7 aft. I know my friend has always wanted to go to Alaska and I've wanted to do a DCL Alaska cruise for a long time. I would be paying more for the queen bed and she would get the single sofa bed. I am 6 feet tall and on the larger size. My friend is about 5'3" or 5'4" and is tiny. I'm starting to think the concierge, though it would be nice, it's too much money for 4 nights. We could go to Alaska on the Wonder and pay less for 7 nights. If my friend says no to Alaska we will talk about the 2024 Canada cruises when they come out with prices. My friend is pretty flexible and could get May or October off from work. I think it would be an adventure for us both to go to Alaska or even eastern Canada. So if she really wants to go on the 4 night out of New Orleans we can do that. I won't be sad I know I will enjoy the heck out of it. Like I said she's a tiny woman and I'm a big woman and I think the bedding situation would be okay. If not maybe the room host could get and egg crate cushion for her bed or if worse come to worse we could share the queen bed. I sleep in a double bed here in my apt. I don't really move when I sleep on vacation. I'm so exhausted from all the things we have done, I lay on one side and don't roll over until I wake up. So everything is up in the air now. I have to talk to her today and see what she wants to do. Thanks everyone so much for all the help. :smickey:

@Iris1974 🙂

If you pick almost any cabin - but a Concierge (not including the 2 Bedroom), it is a better situation for the person who does not sleep in the big bed.

The mattress in the flip-forward sofa bed is a mattress, just a twin one. Which works for those not overly tall (> 6 something). But no metal bar, like a sofa bed. The sofa bottom & cushions and back cushions are all providing an even support base. My sister is willing to sleep there, leaving me the soft bed (she normally gets the “adult” bedroom when we travel together.)

Our first AK cruise was in a sideways interior on Deck 5 Forward. We sailed those cabins again last April (my 19th Disney cruise). I have no single cabin category that is a Must. I base it on cost, location, availability. Cost probably plays into it the most; you have to take into account airfare, hotels, and excursions, too. Verandah? Can be nice, but there is plenty of space on a ship where you can see outside. I view cabins as places to sleep, shower, and dress. I spend little waking time in the room. Ship activities, dining, time in ports and on deck take up most of my awake time.

I haven‘t done a New England or Canada cruise; that sounds wonderful. October for that should offer fall leaf colors.

Mid-to-late May in Alaska can be a nice early season cruise. The tours have started, but the crowds are not high. I have been as early as May 15. Also May 28, Late June, mid July and early September. I just have avoided anything earlier or much later than mid September, so as not to miss adventures.

I hope you have as much fun planning (and then experiencing) your cruise(s) as I have hearing about your upcoming fun birthday. (My sister and I were talking over lunch about mine in 2026 - already! With ones before that, too. But hoping to make a milestone - aren’t they all, really - birthday even a bigger deal. She’s a Christmastime birthday. Never a cruise in her day. Too expensive.)

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share what we are deciding on for my 50th birthday cruise. We went against Alaska. My friend is from Texas and does not like the idea of it being cold. She and I would have to buy a lot of clothing that we just don't have the money for for the Alaska cruise. Also I was worried about my Asthma on the cold glacier days. My Asthma is brought on by the cold so I'd rather not get Asthmatic Bronchitis while traveling. I'm prone to getting it with the onset of a cold spring. I was hospitalized twice when I was younger and was very sick at home with it many times. There is also the vibration the Wonder has to deal with. We would be aft and be able to feel it too well. So that's off the table.

We have decided for a 4 night cruise the concierge is too much money to spend. I also told my friend about how uncomfortable the pullout couch is in the living room. She was happy we were reconsidering. Also this would take up a lot of my savings and as I forget a lot I have to move sometime this year when a one bedroom apt becomes available in my complex. I would need the money from not going concierge for the move. Believe me I do not look forward to cleaning out the big walk in closet my mom and I used to keep everything in. I also have to give away or sell a lot of my mothers knickknacks and go through boxes of framed pictures among other things which will be hard to do and I'm most likely not going to get much help from my sisters. One of my sister has a 20 year old and 2-17 year olds that would be a great help but she says she's not helping and that means her kids aren't either.

So it comes down to the 5 night out of New Orleans. We would sail on my birthday in a veranda room which would be great. There's also a 7 night to the western Caribbean that would be in a inside room. I have to talk to her about them to see which one we want to do. I'm hoping for the 5 night over my birthday. I've never spent my birthday any where but here at home so it would be exciting to do that. Thank you for all the info and kind words of wisdom. I am really looking forward to my 1st DCL cruise and 1st cruise ever. I know it will be a Magical time. :smickey:

Both practical and fun! Great way to be 50 (well, decision made at 49 😉).

The best thing is you will be celebrating and living life. While cruising. Now you will have fun thinking about it for a while (it is half the fun.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter