COME ON DVC....GET YOUR Stuff together....

Has anyone called DVC member services to try to get answers about up coming trips/ what if/ if we have to Cancel our trip are they going to be flexible with this year/ banked and next year points.....NO ANSWER/ they told me by the end of May the will re look at this.... AAAAAGGGGRRRRRRR!!!
We are suppose to head to Aulani, but it is not looking good.....COME ON DVC/ GET YOUR Stuff TOGETHER!!!
sorry for the "**" but a little upset

Robin & Angel "D"

Even if DVC opened Aulani tomorrow you would still have to quarantine yourself for 14 days due to the state order.

If I may add an opinion, and only my own.

To say that it’s not bad for business might not be exactly accurate.

It may not be bad for business in the short term. To this I agree. They already have their money for the points. If the points aren’t used, it doesn’t matter to Disney. The points have been paid for, the money is theirs.

It may be bad for Disney in the long term. This will be our last trip. In the past 11 years Disney has gotten more money from us then I care to share. They are being cut off now. No more park hoppers, no more meal plans, no more souvenirs, no more merchandise.
I can see future DVC sales suffer from all of this as well. I’m sure some future potential customers will read about how customers were treated and they may think twice about it.

It may not be bad for business in the short term. To this I agree. They already have their money for the points. If the points aren’t used, it doesn’t matter to Disney. The points have been paid for, the money is theirs.

It may be bad for Disney in the long term. This will be our last trip. In the past 11 years Disney has gotten more money from us then I care to share. They are being cut off now. No more park hoppers, no more meal plans, no more souvenirs, no more merchandise.
I can see future DVC sales suffer from all of this as well. I’m sure some future potential customers will read about how customers were treated and they may think twice about it.

But, if you still own the points, you will either use them or rent them out, so there will still be people in the parks. If you sell your points, whoever buys them will also either use them, or rent them, so there will still be people in the parks. Disney doesn't really care if you personally use them, rent them, or sell them...the dues are still being paid, and someone is still using the points, and likely entering the parks and spending money. I mean, over the last 28 years, I have likely spent $40K+ at WDW world, as park admission and other prices have increased over the years. So what, if I don't, who ever uses my points, will likely spend that as well. It's a wash for Disney. It doesn't matter who the $$$ comes from, it's green.

And again, part of saving $ on accommodations long term with a timeshare, it also limits the legal options for compensations in these types of situations. They are limited not only by our contracts but by Florida timeshare laws. Just like if a resort is destroyed by fire or natural disaster.

Last edited:
The nature of ownership is that you benefit from the lower costs of owning, but you share in the risks as well. It's sort of like the difference between renting and owning a home. I'm living in an apartment right now, after having lived in an owned home before that. I had hot water trouble in both. As an owner, I had to pay to replace the water heater, and wrote a hefty check on the spot. As a renter, I call the management company and they deal with it, with no change in my rent. On the other hand, the mortgage on that house is just over twice what my rent is, and it is 3.5 times the size---ignoring the lot, the garage, etc.

I think this is something that anyone should consider before buying a timeshare. If folks had not been considering these sorts of situations before, hopefully they will in the future.

I don’t understand why you feel Disney has treated you poorly.

facebook twitter