Come at me with the World's best milkshakes

I totally agree. Give me ice cream blended with milk. Period. I don't want a slice of cake or pie with my 1000 calorie milkshake, thanks.

What really grosses me out is when they slather the outside edge of the cup with frosting and candies. Blech.

Always thought that was an aesthetic choice... not meant to be eaten.

I totally agree. Give me ice cream blended with milk. Period. I don't want a slice of cake or pie with my 1000 calorie milkshake, thanks.

What really grosses me out is when they slather the outside edge of the cup with frosting and candies. Blech.

I thought I was the only one!

I agree. Not a cake or icing or candy (unless chocolate candy) fan but I love love love me some ice cream . And can totally chug a regular shake. My DDs had that cake one after they ran the Disney half marathon so it was their reward. And they oddly chose strawberry which came with a strawberry shortcake type cake. They shared it and a burger and fries. They needed the carbs.

I tried a boozy one at D-Luxe burger and it was disappointingly runny. More like milk. And the CM there said they can't get them any thicker because the booze in it doesn't allow it to be frozen. I bought that line and drank the milky booze drink...ick. But in thinking now...what about mudslides and the such? They are pretty frozen.

Last edited:

I agree. Not a cake or icing or candy (unless chocolate candy) fan but I love love love me some ice cream . And can totally chug a regular shake. My DDs had that cake one after they ran the Disney half marathon so it was their reward. And they oddly chose strawberry which came with a strawberry shortcake type cake. They shared it and a burger and fries. They needed the carbs.

I tried a boozy one at D-Luxe burger and it was disappointingly runny. More like milk. And the CM there said they can't get them any thicker because the booze in it doesn't allow it to be frozen. I bought that line and drank the milky booze drink...ick. But in thinking now...what about mudslides and the such? They are pretty frozen.

Mudslides usually get blended with ice, like daiquiris and pina coladas.

However, it seems like they don't realize they can just reduce the amount of milk when adding the booze, or just not add milk and mix the ice cream just with booze. They are probably making a standard shake and then adding the booze. I would have asked for my money back. You can definitely still have a thick milkshake that has booze in it.

Lol guess my yum was yucked too. We got ours for the nostalgia and we had been craving pumpkin pie, being it was a few days before thanksgiving. Man did it hit the spot!!! The milkshake itself was thick, creamy and flavorful: salted caramel with ribbons of caramel. Totally shareable which we did and the perfect ending to our big trip. I’ve run several marathons too and totally understand the replenishing of some FUN carbs.

OP, if your boyfriend wants more of a traditional shake there of course are many options at restaurants (including many quick service restaurants). I’d say, in my opinion, the most notable shakes are at Ghiradelli, Prime Time and Beaches & Cream.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's open, but the Fountain at either the Swan or Dolphin (can't remember which one) historically had some great shakes that you could order at the counter. We went there after a very warm round of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens a few years back.

If he loves Milkshakes avoid the places where their claim to fame is cake on top. That could be a major miss. Maybe as an extra treat but not as the place.

We were there in October and I had the milkshakes at Whispering Canyon. Yes, they are still all you can drink but that's all they have going for them. If your BF is an aficionado I'm thinking these aren't for him. I'm a malted guy and didn't go anywhere that served them on our trip. In a nutshell, skip Whispering Canyon and go with what the others have suggested.

Ghirardelli does malts.
They can do one in theory, but they don’t know what they are doing. When we were there in 2009, 3 members of my family went up separately to order a chocolate malt. They could not do it correctly.

They can do one in theory, but they don’t know what they are doing. When we were there in 2009, 3 members of my family went up separately to order a chocolate malt. They could not do it correctly.

In 2009? Try again. I do it all the time. They are amazing.

I don't know if it's open, but the Fountain at either the Swan or Dolphin (can't remember which one) historically had some great shakes that you could order at the counter. We went there after a very warm round of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens a few years back.
Dolphin.

PRIME TIME. PERIOD.
[....hey, what goes better with comfort food than a traditional milkshake? :confused3 JMHO]

1606358568970-jpeg.540357
....wow, wouldja lookit that...you get a MEAL with your shake....who knew?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter