College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I know this board is mostly WDW knowledgeable, but I have a quick DLR question for anyone who might know the answer. Sorry if it's been asked recently!

I think I read somewhere before that the DLR CP doesn't follow the same dates as WDW. Because of that, I was under the impression that DLR doesn't have Fall/Spring vs. FA/SA and that their semesters are something like May/June-January and January/February-August. Recently, I found the blog of someone who did the DLR CP this past Fall, and he said that they did indeed have FA/SA and regular Fall/Spring like WDW. However, I've also found things that talk about the program being longer. I haven't really been able to find anything official about the dates, so can anyone clarify?

Thanks all!

For anyone who's done the program more than once, is the phone interview pretty much the same or do they ask you more about your first program?

My DD is arriving on June 11th as a lifeguard. Does anyone know what kind of shoes she will be required to have?:cool1:

I wish I could help. I am arriving June 11th, too. I will be a PhotoPass Photographer and I have no idea what shoes I will need, either. :confused3

When the CP's arrive they usually have a "shoe-mobile" type thing on property somewhere that you can buy your shoes out of. They are called "Shoes for Crews" it's a business out of FL.

For anyone who's done the program more than once, is the phone interview pretty much the same or do they ask you more about your first program?

The interview is very similar. However, I did get questions about my other CPs.

if i take a couple of summer courses, what is the next program that i'm able to apply for? spring 2013? or is there a chance for fall 2012? or will i have to enroll for the fall term?

if i take a couple of summer courses, what is the next program that i'm able to apply for? spring 2013? or is there a chance for fall 2012? or will i have to enroll for the fall term?

Disney will be recruiting for Spring 2013 next, in Aug/Sept (Fall 2012 has been closed).

My DD is arriving on June 11th as a lifeguard. Does anyone know what kind of shoes she will be required to have?:cool1:

I wish I could help. I am arriving June 11th, too. I will be a PhotoPass Photographer and I have no idea what shoes I will need, either. :confused3

Lifeguards are allowed to wear black sandals or crocs, and Photopass wears white athletic shoes. Wait until you get down there for specifics though.

Hey!

I know this question has probably been asked before, but I was intimidated when I saw there were several hundred pages to look through. So here is goes...

How long in the program? I plan to apply for and will hopefully participate in the program next spring semester, but my family has early-ish Summer plans after school lets out. Also, I would like to attend my school's graduation in early May, though that is not a must.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey!

I know this question has probably been asked before, but I was intimidated when I saw there were several hundred pages to look through. So here is goes...

How long in the program? I plan to apply for and will hopefully participate in the program next spring semester, but my family has early-ish Summer plans after school lets out. Also, I would like to attend my school's graduation in early May, though that is not a must.

Thanks in advance :)

The spring program is January-May. Spring Advantage is January-August.

How long in the program? I plan to apply for and will hopefully participate in the program next spring semester, but my family has early-ish Summer plans after school lets out. Also, I would like to attend my school's graduation in early May, though that is not a must. :)

The date you leave depends on your check in date, so the earlier the better. In 2010 my DD checked in on the first available date (I think around Jan. 6 or 8) and her last day was May 5.

The date you leave depends on your check in date, so the earlier the better. In 2010 my DD checked in on the first available date (I think around Jan. 6 or 8) and her last day was May 5.

This current spring program, the first check in day was January 9th and they are there until June 1st; I checked in on January 11th and was finished May 11th (the earliest departure date).

If you work in attractions do you get to go backstage on the attraction?

Yes - as apart of the opening procedures, attractions must be walked and reviewed everyday, but some attractions are more interesting backstage than others.

Just think, Pirates has a very intriguing backstage, whereas the Tea Cups... eh, not so much.

I'm not sure about the medical aspect, but hopefully someone else can answer your question. I do know they ask you if you're okay with working outside. Depending on your role and location, you may end up working mostly at night, which would solve your problem :) I work in the MK at night and most of my coworkers are CPs, since the full and part-timers tend to want daytime hours. Personally I love working at night, because even though it's still hot, there's no sun beaming down on you, plus I get to see/hear Wishes every night!

My DD works at F! in Costuming. That is definitely a nighttime role. Her shifts are usually 4 or 6 pm - midnight. I'm not sure what it would be for Attractions host, but probably similar. When she works F! that is the only place she works that day, but she also works a couple of other locations on other days, it just depends on where they need her. Again, I'm not sure how that would work with Attractions though.

Thanks so much for your help!!

If anyone else has worked at Fantasmic or knows someone who has, I'd love to hear about yours or their experience!

Also, if anyone else knows how Disney would handle medical situations related to prolonged sun exposure, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks! :)

I will be applying for the spring semester of 2013. I turn 21 on the 24th of January and want to live in non-wellness housing.

I want to get the most out of my experience and would love to arrive as soon as possible. How does that work if i arrive in early January. Will I be placed in wellness housing and than transferred over to non-wellness housing a few weeks later ? or will i be permanently stuck in wellness housing?

Thanks,

Gabie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter