College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently in WDW now on the college program... I absolutely hate it, but I'm so close to my departure date that I just need to stick it out.. My departure date is supposed to be the 18th of may, but I'm obviously not going to be working up until then & my housing ID expires on the 17th of may.. Is there any way that I could check out & leave on the 17th of may?

Just don't do it at all since it's illegal. Don't preach to me about how its non addictive and has never killed anyone, still illegal.

why do you assume i'll preach to you? o_O i have no agenda and don't care what others do in their spare time. i was basically just asking exactly how strict the drug policies are in the program, and i got my answer. it's nbd. i avoided it when I was in Greece for a semester because i didn't want to risk getting kicked out of the program, even though i had friends who did it. i'm not a moron.

now this was one of four questions i asked but it was the only one that got any attention...lol

now this was one of four questions i asked but it was the only one that got any attention...lol

I unfortunately don't know the answers to the other three. I know they claimed that they monitored internet usage, and I'm sure they do, but I suspect they do it mostly to catch illegal activity and the like. I can't say for sure though. There is someone on the boards who has done PhotoPass, but I don't know where she's hiding! As for the transfer, my guess is "No", but always ask!

Good luck and, on a side note, I'm glad that you are an intelligent user, legality aside. I know some people who have done foolish things involving drugs in the past, so it's good of you to ask and make an informed decision! :thumbsup2

I'm currently in WDW now on the college program... I absolutely hate it, but I'm so close to my departure date that I just need to stick it out.. My departure date is supposed to be the 18th of may, but I'm obviously not going to be working up until then & my housing ID expires on the 17th of may.. Is there any way that I could check out & leave on the 17th of may?

What role are you in if I may ask?

If you're really miserable, try and give away shifts and request days off. Once you've finished working, you've technically fulfilled your contract. I know a few people who have done this. As long as you let your managers know and double check with housing that it won't affect your rehire status, you can leave if you have no more shifts left! Good luck!

So I found out today that I got accepted as a PhotoPass Photographer at WDW! I was a little disappointed because I really was hoping for Anaheim - California is where I want to be. But Orlando is cheaper, and it's WDW! So I think I'm gonna do it.

A few questions -

1. Anyone have experience with the Photopass job? how is it?
2. If I apply for an extension, is there anyway I could ask to be transferred to DLR?
3. someone told me they monitor what you look at on the internet. is that true? o_O
4. drug testing - how often do they really do it? i would never be under the influence of anything on the job, but I need to know if i should completely abstain during my time there and the month before
1. I don't have much information on Photopass besides the already listed information on the site. You're going to be out in the sun and have a variety of locations you can be placed for your role. Most likely you will be place in Magic Kingdom or one of the parks, and that will be your home park. There are a few Photopass photographers that are floating around here. ;)

2. Most extensions do not allow for park transfers as they are considered separate entities. Extension by definition is extending your current program.

3. They have access to all internet records, so anything is possible with monitoring. I can imagine they restrict internet access as well to an educational/school level.

4. It looks like it was already answered, and I sincerely apologize for anyone that may have come across rude.

Best of luck, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

If you get denied for fall college program, can you apply again or will they just deny application.:confused3

You have to wait 6 months between applications with the Walt Disney Company regardless of if it's CP or a regular job.

So if you got denied fall you have to wait until the next apps come out.

why do you assume i'll preach to you? o_O i have no agenda and don't care what others do in their spare time. i was basically just asking exactly how strict the drug policies are in the program, and i got my answer. it's nbd. i avoided it when I was in Greece for a semester because i didn't want to risk getting kicked out of the program, even though i had friends who did it. i'm not a moron.

I'm sorry thats just normally peoples first reaction my apologies!:thumbsup2

My daughter was accepted as a lifeguard for fall advantage 2012. Do they send you a list of what to bring. We have gone on the FB sites but we want to make sure she has everything.All she has received is the congrats card from them. Also she heard they room you with whoever you stand in line by. SHe is trying to find a room amte but is there any specific site for that? :wave2:

My daughter was accepted as a lifeguard for fall advantage 2012. Do they send you a list of what to bring. We have gone on the FB sites but we want to make sure she has everything.All she has received is the congrats card from them. Also she heard they room you with whoever you stand in line by. SHe is trying to find a room amte but is there any specific site for that? :wave2:
They used to send you a list of stuff to bring in the purple folder but I'm not sure what they do now. Maybe they'll send an email later on? If she's looking for a roommate, I'd suggest joining/looking at the fall 2012 facebook group. That's where I met my roommates.

There is a list of common things to bring on the main onboarding website, she should have gotten the link to it when they sent the email confirming your arrival date. Also, the YouTube channel has some videos on what current DCPers said they wished they had brought. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROR7LWarczw&list=PL756652DF8FF0D569&index=11&feature=plpp_video) All of the videos on the YouTube channel are super helpful (http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyCPInterns)

As for the roommate situation, yes if she doesn't find a roommate either here or on any of the Facebook groups, she'll be paired with someone standing next to her in line who is the same age and gender. But, there is also the roommate matching site on the Onboarding website as well that will pair her up with random people with the same gender, age, and arrival date as her. They give you that person's email and that gives her an opportunity to email and talk to them before hand and if they don't get along or don't think its going to work out, then they can break the match and end up getting a different match and the process continues. Hope that helps!

I posted this question on the course question board, but I feel like more people are on this board and more people have already experienced the program on this board. Do they have any writing intensive classes? My course is going to interfere with my internship so I just wanted to know if there would be an alternative while in Disney.

I posted this question on the course question board, but I feel like more people are on this board and more people have already experienced the program on this board. Do they have any writing intensive classes? My course is going to interfere with my internship so I just wanted to know if there would be an alternative while in Disney.

Does anyone know the number to Disney Casting that you put on applications for jobs that employers could call to confirm your employment with the company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter