CM missing from Wonder 03/22/11??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just skimmed through this thread, I find it rather shocking how violently some members of this community have reacted to posts they do not deem appropriate.

Obviously, if this young woman is not found, it would be a tragedy, and all of our best wishes are with her family during this difficult time. However, it is merely human nature to seek out information about an event with so many unknowns. In addition, it would seem appropriate for those with upcoming trips on the Wonder to be concerned and want assurances for their safety and that of their children while on vacation.

While pure speculation is useless, and respect for those suffering through a difficult situation is a given - I would sincerely question the judgement of those who wish to delete any posts beside good wishes. Forums exist for discussion, and as long as everyone remains respectful, I see no reason to censor or delete parts of the discussion.

Good post. I also send prayers for the family and safe return of this cast member.

I am confused how questions have arosed such anger in some people. I found most people just showed concern. :confused3

The absolute best thing you can do for a missing person (in most cases) is to publisize it as much as possible. It is torture for the family to do so but it is often what gets people to take one more look at something or make an extra effort.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. I also pray for those close to her on the ship.

This was the lead story on the Los Angeles ABC news at 5pm, and they showed a screenshot of the DISboard. There was nothing new reported that hasn't already been discussed here.

Praying for a quick and happy outcome to this story.

as a disney wonder youth activites crew member, and friend of the missing girl. THIS BOTHERS ME. the prayers and thoughts are appreciated, but the questions and speculations are not. this is a horrible situation. other crew members want this down because right now this is all just horrible gossip. so please, out of respect for the missing crew member, the entire disney wonder crew and her family, please keep this as well wishing and prayers, and not hurtful gossip. thank you.

this is the reason the crew members wanted this down. becuase it has snowballed into something horrible.
please refrain from passing judgement till an official statement comes out. untill then please continue to just keep her, the crew and family in your prayers.

:hug:

Thank you for the analogy to the military wife. I do appreciate your thoughts.

The difference,however is that one expects danger and death in the military.

I certainly don't expect the same on a Disney Cruise, for crew or passengers.

I am not naive enough to think that Disney somehow can protect us from those intent on doing harm; however, in an enclosed environment (ship) that is potentially a crime scene, I AM interested in what they ought to do and what they have done.

I also don't believe Disney had an obligation to contact CNN or any news media. They would have found out regardless. I did not like reading that D told crew members not to discuss this!

I object (respectfully) to the notion that we cannot or should not discuss this on these boards. This is potentially a safety issue for us, and having provided a non-refundable deposit, I don't have the choice not to go on the cruise without financial consequence to us. So I am simply seeking information about what might have happened, how it could have happened, what the investigation and security procedures are, etc.

ETA: We are all discussing how delicately the family should recieve this information, as though this crew member is already deceased; we still do not know that and as a missing person, she deserves to be publicized.

I did not like reading that D told crew members not to discuss this!
It is a closed environment. Maybe, this was done to protect the intergrity of the investigation.
I object (respectfully) to the notion that we cannot or should not discuss this on these boards. This is potentially a safety issue for us, and having provided a non-refundable deposit, I don't have the choice not to go on the cruise without financial consequence to us. So I am simply seeking information about what might have happened, how it could have happened, what the investigation and security procedures are, etc.
It's already been leaked, at least, what supposedly happened. I have no problem waiting for an official statement.
ETA: We are all discussing how delicately the family should recieve this information, as though this crew member is already deceased; we still do not know that and as a missing person, she deserves to be publicized.
If publicizing this case would have helped find her, I'll bet, it would have been done. Again, the proper authorties were contacted, there is an investion and ongoing search... I really don't know, how is the media going to help find her?

Thankfully, the CM's name is still being withheld. Although, I doubt it will be long, before the media releases it. :sad2:

First let me say that I am praying for this young woman, her family, her DCL family, and all of the workers aiding in the search effort. My greatest hope is that she is found, and that her family has the comfort and support they need.

Second, I would like to respectfully suggest that if DCL CM's did not want this news publicized or discussed, then they should not have posted about it on their Facebook accounts (which, it appears, is how the information got out in the first place). Frankly the lesson for all of us is if you out something out there in cyberspace, you no longer have control over what happens to it.

Lastly, I don't think it accomplishes anything to attack those who are interested in this story, want to know what's happening and, ultimately contacted the media. I'm just not naive enough to think that this story would have stayed out of the news - not when the Coast Guard, the Mexican Navy, the Bahamian Police and even the FBI are involved.

Godspeed to the searchers out there looking for her.

Oh my I sure do hope they find her soon. Really scary to know that they were out to Sea vs at least being left at a port. My prayers to her and her family.

This should only be taken with a grain of salt, but I came across this bit of information on Cruise Law News that suggests the crew member jumped overboard: cruiselawnews-dot-com. (I am newly registered, so I can't post actual links)

Obviously, it's only speculation, but it makes me wonder where they got their information from.

My family and I will be setting sail this Sunday on the Wonder, so news of this missing CM is pretty much at the forefront of our minds at the moment. I feel really bad for her family who must be wondering *** is going on? I pray things will turn out okay :-/.

For over a decade, the DISBoard has been known as one of the most respectful and courteous discussion boards on the Internet. Some might even argue too much so. The DCL staff are like family to many of us who frequent this board. When I first heard the news early yesterday, not even knowing all the details, I felt like I wanted to cry since I think of them all like part of my family and had been on the Wonder with a young child in the kid’s club no less than two weeks ago. I am not really a “Twitter” kind of person, so despite the many frowns about this discussion existing, I do appreciate being able to come to this thread and read a mostly respectful discussion about any progress in the search but sad to see there has not been any. :sad1:

Hello... KNBC is interested in talking to people on Board the Wonder. Please call our newsroom at 818-840-4321

Thank you
KNBC

Does anyone know where the Wonder was yesterday, Tuesday, 03/22/11?

A friend of mine's sister in law is on the Wonder now and text my friend yesterday saying a CM was missing. They paged her 3 times and then announced they would be searching all cabins. She doesn't know anything else and didn't know if they were in port or at sea. Does anyone know anything more?

When I initially posted, I had hoped beyond hope that the Wonder was in port in Cabo, as it was on Tuesday, March 15th when my family and I were aboard for the March 13th Disney Wonder sailing. Honestly, I had hoped it was simply a case of a CM being late for the ship. Since my post and the subsequent responses, I have been absolutely devastated and worried for the crew, the missing CM, and the CM's family.

My heart goes out to every single person on the Wonder, this news really hits home for me and my family because we just left the ship Sunday morning. I have been so worried and concerned since yesterday and now I am just in tears with my heart breaking for all. I pray, pray, pray they find her safe and sound. I pray for the staff and crew aboard the Disney Wonder. I pray for the missing CM. I pray for her family and loved ones. :hug:

Thank you, from a military wife and mother. My sons been deplored 3 times and you're never the same when the phone rings in the middle of the night. All we can (should do) is keep this family and the disney family in our hearts. The love and magic they bring to us - we now need to share with them.

Same here. DH was in 25 years, now my youngest is stationed in germany. I still cringe when the phone rings at odd hours.

I send all my hopes and prayers to the family & friends.

It appears that someone hinted that this could be foul play at the bottom of the CNN article...a friend of the missing girl.

I truly, truly, TRULY hope that is not the case (not that I hope she committed suicide, but I think you know what I mean).

When I initially posted, I had hoped beyond hope that the Wonder was in port in Cabo, as it was on Tuesday, March 15th when my family and I were aboard for the March 13th Disney Wonder sailing. Honestly, I had hoped it was simply a case of a CM being late for the ship. Since my post and the subsequent responses, I have been absolutely devastated and worried for the crew, the missing CM, and the CM's family.

My heart goes out to every single person on the Wonder, this news really hits home for me and my family because we just left the ship Sunday morning. I have been so worried and concerned since yesterday and now I am just in tears with my heart breaking for all. I pray, pray, pray they find her safe and sound. I pray for the staff and crew aboard the Disney Wonder. I pray for the missing CM. I pray for her family and loved ones. :hug:

Your original post was based on concern...we are one big virtual town and as such we all want info, comfort and community in times of strife. You are not responsible for how other interrupted your concern. :hug: DO NOT feel guilty for having a deep heartfelt attachment to DCL and any person associated with it..many of us share the same :grouphug:...We will continue to keep all involved in our thoughts and prayers! :sad1:

I have been following this post since it hit the boards yesterday... I, like JDBLAIR was one of the families who just got off the Wonder on Saturday. I cant help but think "who the girl is." I wonder if the kids knew her or if she is one who I spoke to. I spent a bit of time in the clubs with my kids and had frequent visits with the CMs in there. Perhaps when we find out her name we could help with our conversations with them... I can only pray that she is going to be found and all is well with the family. DCL CM's are like family to us, and to know one is in parell in absolutely devistating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter