Club 33 pricing announced-open to Golden Oaks residents first

Any recent information? Has anyone visited the lounges? Is it even worth it? Other than saying “you’re in”, it seems hard to justify - even if you went to WDW often. I would need to be extremely wealthy to even consider the cost. Maybe the food is amazing?

From what I've heard, the food is somewhere between Victoria and Alberts and other Disney signature restaurants, with a bar that offers better drinks than anywhere else in the parks.
First, lets be clear that Club 33 at WDW is a different thing than Club 33 at DL.

I've been fortunate enough to be invited into one of the WDW club locations by a friend that is a member. The question of "worth it" can't easily be answered since there are several benefits to membership besides the lounges.

As far as the WDW lounges go, the food is not at all in the V&A or even Signature restaurant level. It's not supposed to be a fine dining experience. (But yes, in DL it is a fine dining experience). There are specialty drinks. And you can get some small food items as well. But you're really not going there for a meal.

People really don’t get the purpose of a private club. It’s for 2 reasons. 1) Privacy and avoiding the masses and 2) Status that you can share and show off. When my new co-workers convinced me to join their company they threw some of their season tickets at me, made sure the waiters at the restaurant (one they visited often) kept filling my wine glass and connected with the right people. It wasn’t about buying me some tickets or taking me to a restaurant. It was showing off places where they and their friends would be taken care of. Luckily they turned out to be great friends too!
I could imagine retired wealthy grandparents buying this to take friends and their grand children once in a while.
If you’re looking for a deal this isn’t for you.

Yes, but I’d be curious how the food and other offerings compare to the offerings throughout the parks. The DVC Member lounge at Epcot for example purposely keeps things “just nice enough” that you’ll come in for about 25 minutes and then move on with your life and go back into the parks and spend $$$s. I’m curious how this fits in with that strategy, or they figure, they’re making so much money off the membership it’s worth it.

As I recall, it also includes guest passes and an AP and/or magic key. Maybe that’s where the value is?
Can confirm: the menus in the clubs are small and vary at each one. There’s some signature drinks and smaller entrees and starters. The food is like a signature would be, quality wise. It’s really about the full bar where you can cocktails and pretty much anything including rare whiskies. For me, it’s more about the clean and lovely restrooms with thick paper towels and legit TP and a resbit from the heat. They are all beautiful and nothing like the DVC lounges.

Benis include bicoastal passes for 4. Any minors in your immediate family can be added for an additional, hefty charge. You also receive 50 guest park hoppers that do not include FP unless they are with you in the park, otherwise it’s just a ticket. There are special events, special merch, and other amenities like valet parking anywhere. You get an allowance of VIP tours or other things like art, animal experiences, etc that you can choose instead. Special events and merch are not included nor is the food and alcoholic bevs in the clubs.

Everyone values different amenities differently. Some love the parking most, some the FPS, some for the events etc etc and some make the club their entire identity. The club team can act as a concierge but it’s not as comprehensive as you’d think or most members would hope.

Is it worth it? That’s individual. For me, yes, to a point. As dues rise and amenities change, one evaluates each renewal. Knowing you can’t get it back, well, that’s a big consideration. So far so good!

I definitely appreciate the willingness to share your experience with Club 33 at WDW. I am on the waiting list myself, wish I would have sent the email back in 2018! :)

I do think the lounges would be a huge perk, the ability to have a quiet place to escape the heat would be great.

Maybe someday I'll get an invite, until then - I appreciate those sharing information.

Are there any complimentary refreshments in the clubs at WDW? I assumed the locations might be similar to an airport lounge or hotel executive lounge, with some limited drinks and snacks so one could stop in while in the park for a break and quick refreshment without always sitting down to a served menu at a cost.

Are the locations in each park conducive to viewing the fireworks or other nighttime shows?

Are there any complimentary refreshments in the clubs at WDW? I assumed the locations might be similar to an airport lounge or hotel executive lounge, with some limited drinks and snacks so one could stop in while in the park for a break and quick refreshment without always sitting down to a served menu at a cost.

Are the locations in each park conducive to viewing the fireworks or other nighttime shows?
I know the DVC lounge provides (minimal) complimentary snacks.

It is my understanding that no, other than water and maybe bar snacks. But there are snacks for purchase. I believe they had snacks at the opening, but abuses caused that to halt.

No to the refreshments. Water and soft drinks are free.

The Epcot lounge has limited views of the fireworks on the lagoon. The MK lounge has views (also limited) of the fireworks.

I know the DVC lounge provides (minimal) complimentary snacks.

Yes, each club has its own snack and they change periodically. Some are amazing, some are more pedestrian, all are gratis. Soft drinks and bottled water is included. There is no obligation to purchase anything at all if one prefers to just cool down, warm up and/or relax.

Yes, each club has its own snack and they change periodically. Some are amazing, some are more pedestrian, all are gratis. Soft drinks and bottled water is included. There is no obligation to purchase anything at all if one prefers to just cool down, warm up and/or relax.
And the snack is served. Nothing is stationed.

I've just submitted my letter of interest for the WDW Club 33. I live in San Diego and am curious how many times a year any out of state members visit the Club? I travel to Orlando about 6 times a year for a week at a time, and I'm wondering if the Club administration would frown on someone who wouldn't dine at the Club more frequently.

I've just submitted my letter of interest for the WDW Club 33. I live in San Diego and am curious how many times a year any out of state members visit the Club? I travel to Orlando about 6 times a year for a week at a time, and I'm wondering if the Club administration would frown on someone who wouldn't dine at the Club more frequently.
It’s truly a mystery who they accept and why. It may actually help you. Many members have moved to Orlando or have purchased second homes there since joining which can put pressure on events, merch, and lounge wait times. They are looking for a mix of member home locations it has been informally stated.

It’s truly a mystery who they accept and why. It may actually help you. Many members have moved to Orlando or have purchased second homes there since joining which can put pressure on events, merch, and lounge wait times. They are looking for a mix of member home locations it has been informally stated.
I wonder if golden oaks residents get guest access to club 33. at the least I'd hope they can jump the line.

Initially, it is rumored, GO members/owners were offered a chance to get in line early to be vetted. I believe living there already includes many amenities that may overlap and of course just because you live there doesn’t mean you are the person they are looking for. It certainly demonstrates a reverence for Disney products and financial investment in the same which I would imagine plays into their decision but there is no way to confirm that- it’s just an assumption. The secret recipe- no layperson knows.

Any Club member can bring guests under the tight policies of the club but you can’t enter as solely a member of GO. Just as members of C33 cannot enter the private spaces of GO. Each club (GO, WDW C33, DLR C33, Tokyo C33 etc…) is separate with no reciprocity. You’d have to know a member or be a member additionally to gain access.
I wonder if golden oaks residents get guest access to club 33. at the least I'd hope they can jump the line.

There are definitely out of state members. I think that's part of the consideration when joining, if you get the opportunity. How often will you be there to take advantage of the benefits and events?

I submitted a letter of interest four years ago, and I got the stock, “Thank you for your interest; we’ll get back to you. Yada, Yada, Yada.” My husband is in Orlando for business at least every other month, and DS and I go to WDW at minimum twice that much. Maybe I should do it again with an alternate email address.

I submitted a letter of interest four years ago, and I got the stock, “Thank you for your interest; we’ll get back to you. Yada, Yada, Yada.” Maybe I should do it again with an alternate email address.
It's been about ten since I submitted mine (DL). I'm not holding my breath waiting for an "invitation."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter