Club 33 pricing announced-open to Golden Oaks residents first

I plan on writing them today to learn bout what steps would need to be taken for membership evaluation. I hear the wait list could be 15 years.... I would like to get on it early.

Club 33 will be immensely popular with sales executives selling 6 figure plus products, gives them a private place at WDW to meet with client and allows the client to bring their family to Disney. It's also a great perk for goal driven companies one of the 'prizes' is a day at Club 33 for the winner and family.

Reality is just as always Club 33 is directed at the 'working wealthy' as it was in Walt's day where he needed a club to do business.

Yes, I'm very interested in this aspect. But the bigger reason for me is for it to create memories for my immediate family, my 2 girls and wife, and for it to hopefully become a family legacy type of thing.

I'm a little concerned I've missed my window already! 🪟

Yes, I'm very interested in this aspect. But the bigger reason for me is for it to create memories for my immediate family, my 2 girls and wife, and for it to hopefully become a family legacy type of thing.

yes I imagine it would be great for creating memories as well especially celebrating special events.

and if i lived on the spacecoast of FL it would probably take all my willpower to avoid buying in ... remember i hate how parks and the company are being run,

Not the things created the people who create the magic.

DW just redid bathroom in a Pooh theme, One of the centerpieces of that was a vintage Pooh and freinds faucet set found on Ebay, that would never be made today because of the risk of it not selling.

Hating on Managment yep, Disney nope.

It’s changes everything about how you vacation at WDW in the best way!
The membership includes only one member, a spouse/partner (which can change of course) and the other slots are designated by the member (usually children but can be anyone). Membership is not transferable/survivable...so far.

Does anyone know if they’ve opened it to non-US residents yet? We’re very interested, but we currently live in Canada (and are retiring to Grand Cayman within the next couple of years).

Does anyone know if they’ve opened it to non-US residents yet? We’re very interested, but we currently live in Canada (and are retiring to Grand Cayman within the next couple of years).

i think it would be sufficient if you had a us corporation ‘own’ the membership along with a us address and agent. As corporations own many of the memberships at the original club 33

not a lawyer but setting up a corporate identity with bank accounts should be 2-3k worth of legal work and filing fees

My understanding is that you need to be a US resident to be considered. However, as of a few months ago, they were not accepting new applications, not even referrals from existing members.

The issue with the US corporation idea is the tax implications. We’re retiring to Cayman for a reason, and divesting ties to Canada is part of that. I doubt DH would be willing to then open up US taxation issues.

We will likely have a US PO Box and storage locker near WDW. Wonder if I changed my AP account info to that address, if it would be enough to get by the initial weeding out of applicants?

The issue with the US corporation idea is the tax implications. We’re retiring to Cayman for a reason, and divesting ties to Canada is part of that. I doubt DH would be willing to then open up US taxation issues.

We will likely have a US PO Box and storage locker near WDW. Wonder if I changed my AP account info to that address, if it would be enough to get by the initial weeding out of applicants?
But they’re not even accepting applications anymore. It will probably be years (like in the 5-10 range) before they even start going through the applications they have on file, let alone start accepting new ones. And first would be recommendations from current members.

Does anyone have any updated information as to the scale of operations for club 33 at this point? It's been 7 months since I expressed interest and haven't heard anything.

I guess I was figuring everything is on hold, thanks to COVID. if anyone has any other updated info on this, I would appreciate it.
They were, as recently as November, occasionally inviting new members, but that was just if someone declined to renew. Even then, they (presumably) prioritized referrals.

I don’t think they’re entirely done filling their normal membership goal, but it doesn’t seem likely that they’ll consider going to whatever that number was until the parks are closer to “normal” again. And who knows when that will be.

i think it would be sufficient if you had a us corporation ‘own’ the membership along with a us address and agent. As corporations own many of the memberships at the original club 33

not a lawyer but setting up a corporate identity with bank accounts should be 2-3k worth of legal work and filing fees
Club 33 at WDW does not allow corporations to own, they are held by individuals. The current set up really isn't conducive to a business. Example, a member goes to the lounge, they are limited on the number of people they can bring in with them, and unless it is extremely slow day, they wouldn't be able to bring a clients family in. I believe the member would be limited to 1-2 people in addition to their family.

Club 33 at WDW does not allow corporations to own, they are held by individuals. The current set up really isn't conducive to a business. Example, a member goes to the lounge, they are limited on the number of people they can bring in with them, and unless it is extremely slow day, they wouldn't be able to bring a clients family in. I believe the member would be limited to 1-2 people in addition to their family.

The only people I know with Club 33 memberships at DL are corporate types - Corporation ‘owns’ the membership but its assigned to a specific individual. I’d be very surprised if WDW did not do something similar, I can understand NOT ALLOWING a general corporate membership ie one without an assigned Member.

As to ‘knowing’ people with Club 33 Memberships no I’ve never visited because LA along with NYC are among my least favorite places to visit on the planet and i try to get in and out as quickly as possible

The only people I know with Club 33 memberships at DL are corporate types - Corporation ‘owns’ the membership but its assigned to a specific individual. I’d be very surprised if WDW did not do something similar, I can understand NOT ALLOWING a general corporate membership ie one without an assigned Member.

As to ‘knowing’ people with Club 33 Memberships no I’ve never visited because LA along with NYC are among my least favorite places to visit on the planet and i try to get in and out as quickly as possible
At Club 33 Disneyland, there are actually more individual members than executive members (members where the corporation owns the membership and can appoint who has the membership and affiliates.). I do know quite a few. At WDW, there is not a corporate membership. It is limited to "family" memberships. It was one of the reasons I did not join. Since I am single and my children are adults, it was not going to work for me as a "family" membership.

At Club 33 Disneyland, there are actually more individual members than executive members (members where the corporation owns the membership and can appoint who has the membership and affiliates.). I do know quite a few. At WDW, there is not a corporate membership. It is limited to "family" memberships. It was one of the reasons I did not join. Since I am single and my children are adults, it was not going to work for me as a "family" membership.

bizzare, why wouid Disney leave money on the table like this because a lot of potential members are likely to be executive members where the corporation owns the membership. Examples being custom home builders, professional services organizations and others where it would be advantageous for tax reasons for the corporation to own the ‘executive’ membership.

its always bizzare to me where Disney is always grubbing for pennies while dollars fly over their heads. Speaks to a corporate culture where risk is irrationally feared.

Examples being custom home builders, professional services organizations and others where it would be advantageous for tax reasons for the corporation to own the ‘executive’ membership.
Just to clarify, while a corporation can pay for the membership, it is not tax deductible. If the member then takes a client or employee as a perk, the portion spent on them is deductible, but the membership itself is not deductible.

My personal belief on why WDW has not opened it to executive memberships is because of the small sizes of the lounges.There are limits (I believe it is 2) on the number of guests a member can bring into the club, beyond the spouse and children.

Just to clarify, while a corporation can pay for the membership, it is not tax deductible. If the member then takes a client or employee as a perk, the portion spent on them is deductible, but the membership itself is not deductible.

My personal belief on why WDW has not opened it to executive memberships is because of the small sizes of the lounges.There are limits (I believe it is 2) on the number of guests a member can bring into the club, beyond the spouse and children.

tax advantageous != tax deductible,

even using the example you give, taking the business entertainment deduction on a corporate return is far easier than doing same on a individual tax return taking as given that membership itself not deductible.

I still dont understand why Disney did not make club 33 the same administratively as DL’s Club 33. As the DL model has been successful for decades and the wait list for membership is a decade or more.

They were, as recently as November, occasionally inviting new members, but that was just if someone declined to renew. Even then, they (presumably) prioritized referrals.

I don’t think they’re entirely done filling their normal membership goal, but it doesn’t seem likely that they’ll consider going to whatever that number was until the parks are closer to “normal” again. And who knows when that will be.

Why not, The club 33 folks are likely to be rule followers and low maintenance outside of the club lounge itself

tax advantageous != tax deductible,

even using the example you give, taking the business entertainment deduction on a corporate return is far easier than doing same on a individual tax return taking as given that membership itself not deductible.

I still dont understand why Disney did not make club 33 the same administratively as DL’s Club 33. As the DL model has been successful for decades and the wait list for membership is a decade or more.

The visitor profile at DL is very different than that at WDW. To apply the same template simply wouldn't make sense. The California parks are largely frequented by locals, and most are spontaneous visits. It's not unusual to pop into the parks after school/work or for dinner. Sure, that happens in Florida but it's less common. Most of the visitors at WDW are families or couples, many (if not most) from outside the local area, and on a planned, multi-day vacation. So it makes complete sense that the program in Florida would be designed around the way (and with whom) their visitors spend their time.

The visitor profile at DL is very different than that at WDW. To apply the same template simply wouldn't make sense. The California parks are largely frequented by locals, and most are spontaneous visits. It's not unusual to pop into the parks after school/work or for dinner. Sure, that happens in Florida but it's less common. Most of the visitors at WDW are families or couples, many (if not most) from outside the local area, and on a planned, multi-day vacation. So it makes complete sense that the program in Florida would be designed around the way (and with whom) their visitors spend their time.

That does pass the logic test, On the spacecoast and metropolitan Orlando there are a bunch of global HQ’s for a variety of lines of business from logistics to avation all these are local and would more likely to use a Club 33 executive membership than an occasional visitor. The original club 33 is small even with the new expansion. The size is part of what makes club 33 exclusive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!