Closing timetable

kstorms27

Mouseketeer
So we finaly sent in our closing documents today with our payment. My question is what's the timetable from now until we can finally make some reservations? :confused3

I sent back my closing documents and money on Feb. 23, I was informed my contract had closed on March 6 and my membership information and points were loaded into the Disney system today (finally, wuh-hoo! :woohoo:). Granted there was a bit of a goof up where the title company said they'd sent Disney the paperwork and Disney said it never received it, so that tacked on and extra three or four business days.

I hope things speed along for you! Sending a little pixie dust your way. pixiedust:

So we finaly sent in our closing documents today with our payment. My question is what's the timetable from now until we can finally make some reservations? :confused3

It depends on how soon the sellers get the closing docs in. It could take as little as one day to close once both parties have submitted the paperwork.
Then the deed has to be recorded. This could take as little as one more day. You can look on the Orange County web site and search for your name to entertain yourself while you are waiting (this will give you an idea as to where you are in the process).
The final hurdle is Disney has to load your membership into their system. I was told that this is only done by one person on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (I'm not sure how accuarate this is--maybe someone was on vacation or something). Anyway, I have also heard of new members calling in and asking to get their points loaded (one they are sure the deed has been recorded). So, maybe you could speed this process along.

and is that start date considered the day you enter rofr?

From acceptance of offer to points loaded.

Sellers location, time of year, number of contracts being processed can impact your time line. Disney will take their time IMO because you bought resale.

You will have years and years to enjoy your ownership so waiting a couple of months to save thousands of dollars is nothing.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!