Closing Time!

@FSUSammy @Quiltsndisney @stlrod I'm sorry you all had poor experiences with him, too. Since brokers typically use specific title companies, I think it's worth mentioning it to them vs. reporting to the title company. Jamie from www.dvcstore.com said that they have switched title companies in the past based on feedback and declining customer service. She seemed to understand the impact it has on the experience when purchasing from them.

Honestly, I'm just sooo over this entire process and can't wait to close! ...and direct purchases seem much more attractive after experiencing the resale process.
That's a great idea! We used dvcstore.com as well so I'll definitely mention it to JP.

Marcelo 😔 I've heard wonderful things about Cammy, though.
I used Mason on both of my resale contracts:
1. Marcelo took forever and did not communicate with me until a week AFTER I had clarification from DVC Store and the lawyer that the contract had closed the week before.
2. Cammie was amazing and excellent at communication. I used DVC Resale Expertz and the same lawyer.

No problems for me with Mason so far. Marcello handled my last resale contract and this time I have Cammie. We passed ROFR and got our closing docs both today.

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 8-1-21
Offer accepted: 8-2-21
Sent to ROFR: 8-4-21
Passed ROFR: 9-2-21
Closing docs received: 9-2-21
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update and the next wait begins…(Repost from other thread)

Home: CCV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 7/26/21
Offer accepted: 7/26/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/29/21
Passed ROFR: 8/26/21
Estoppel Received: 8/26/21
Closing docs received: 8/27/21
Closing docs returned: 8/28/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/30/21
Funds wired/received: 8/31/21
Closing: 9/02/21
Deed recorded: 9/03/21
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Last edited:

Home Resort: BWV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 7/14/21
Offer accepted: 7/14/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/16/21
Passed ROFR: 8/18/21
Estoppel Received: 8/18/21
Closing docs received: 8/18/21
Closing docs returned: 8/18/21
Closing: 9/2/2021
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

My broker was the same one as the previous poster in this thread. The board isn't letting me submit a post when I have the link included.

Do you only get assigned an agent when you pass ROFR? We’re using Mason, but now I’m nervous.

It’s been awhile so it’s my typical reminder that you must include the website link for all brokers, and not just the name.

I really hate to delete posts. If you have trouble, leave it blank. And yes, this does include our board sponsor.
At the risk of sounding dumb, I don't know how to do that. So mine is probably deleted. Cool.

Home Resort: BWV
Offer made: 7/14/21
Offer accepted: 7/14/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/16/21
Passed ROFR: 8/18/21
Estoppel Received: 8/18/21
Closing docs received: 8/18/21
Closing docs returned: 8/18/21
Closing: 9/2/2021
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

My broker was the same one as the previous poster in this thread. The board isn't letting me submit a post when I have the link included.
I couldn't post a link either and I thought I was just dumb and didn't know how. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

Do you only get assigned an agent when you pass ROFR? We’re using Mason, but now I’m nervous.
I didn't use Mason, I used DVC Resale Market who uses Magic Vacation Title Company. The resale broker assigned me an agent and a concierge right away who stayed in contact with me through the entire process and even through the waiting games of ROFR and such making sure I was ok and didn't have any questions. I received the closing paperwork packet via email the day it passed ROFR. Other than that, I didn't hear much from the title company. They were quick to respond when I had a question making sure I was doing/signing things properly so it went very smoothly. I even missed a signature on one of the pages and they notified me the same day they received it. I was able to sign, scan and return it in minutes so we avoided a large delay. Thankfully it wasn't a page requiring a notary!

We heard from our agent at Mason after we passed ROFR. If you get Marcelo don't bother ever emailing him because he doesn't respond to them at all. Just call him instead.

We heard from our agent at Mason after we passed ROFR. If you get Marcelo don't bother ever emailing him because he doesn't respond to them at all. Just call him instead.
Ugh. Today is my last day to cancel without losing my deposit. Not sure what I want to do.

I couldn't post a link either and I thought I was just dumb and didn't know how. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

You simply copy and paste it. There is a chance that those who are new to the boards may have difficulty until you get a certain # of posts under your belt! Leaving blank is the best if it doesn't show up!

Joining in here! This is my 1st contract and I'm very excited! Currently waiting on closing docs! :cloud9:

Home Resort: SSR
Offer made: 8/2/21
Offer accepted: 8/2/21
Sent to ROFR: 8/5/21
Passed ROFR: 9/2/21
Estoppel Received: 9/2/21
Closing docs received: 9/7/21
Closing docs returned: 9/8/21
Closing: 9/13/21
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Last edited:
You simply copy and paste it. There is a chance that those who are new to the boards may have difficulty until you get a certain # of posts under your belt! Leaving blank is the best if it doesn't show up!

My error message was that my post looked too much like spam. I've been assuming it was due to low post count since I was using the exact same format and linking as everyone else in the thread. (I've been a member of the boards for 2 years, but had never posted until recently.)

Ugh. Today is my last day to cancel without losing my deposit. Not sure what I want to do.
Despite my poor experience with Marcelo, I wouldn't necessarily cancel on a good contract. If you have trouble with communication from him, just contact the broker and they might be able to help answer questions or get the answers you're looking for.

Despite my poor experience with Marcelo, I wouldn't necessarily cancel on a good contract. If you have trouble with communication from him, just contact the broker and they might be able to help answer questions or get the answers you're looking for.

I don’t know that it’s good anymore after seeing others. So hearing about him just made me consider canceling even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter