Closing Time!

Woot woot!!! Congratulations. I’m a 29th person too. What time did you record? I’m hoping they get to me today.
It wasn’t there earlier today but was when I checked about 8.30. The email arrived at 20.45. I’m in England by the way ,so 5 hours in front of Florida.

It wasn’t there earlier today but was when I checked about 8.30. The email arrived at 20.45. I’m in England by the way ,so 5 hours in front of Florida.
Strange thing though about the email. The Club ID at the top means nothing to me. It’s definitely not the contract number or our membership ID. Anyone got any ideas or have they just put the wrong contract number on the email.?

If you have trouble with the link to a broker, please just leave it blank. The reason we ask that all links be posted is so new people to the boards don’t see names, just post, and then we have to delete because the broker may be in the boards filter.

When all post the link, it ensures everyone follows the same process. Thank you.

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: June10
Offer accepted: June 10
Sent to ROFR: June 14
Passed ROFR: June 30
Estoppel received: July 8
Closing docs received: July 16
Closing docs returned: July 16
Funds wired: July 19
Sellers closing docs returned: July 26
Closing: July 27
Deed recorded: July 28
Membership created & contract showing: August 28
Points in account:

Update-ish

Home: CCV
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 4/15/2021
Offer accepted: 4/21/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/21/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/10/2021
Estoppel Received: 6/10/2021
Closing docs received: 6/11/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/14/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 7/9/2021(last of the three sellers to return)
Closing: 7/29/2021
Deed recorded: 7/29/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 8/28
Points in account:

136 days and counting…..

I tried to call and have them push the points to the account today and was told they didn’t have everything they needed to load my points….going to try again on Monday.

It’s showing on my account now! Happened between 4 and 6 when I couldn’t check every 20 minutes. :teeth:

Offer made: 6/11/2021
Offer accepted: 6/11/2021
Sent to ROFR: 6/15/2021
Passed ROFR: 7/06/2021
Estoppel received: 7/09/2021
Closing docs received: 07/20/2021
Closing docs returned: 07/21/2021
Seller's closing docs returned: 07/27/2021
Funds wired: 07/27/2021
Closing: 7/28/2021
Deed recorded: 7/30/2021
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 08/29/2021
Points in account:

Days Total: 75 so far...

Update - finally closed on contract. Now the long wait begins.....

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 7/9/221
Offer accepted: 7/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/10/21
Passed ROFR: 8/12/21
Closing docs received: 8/20/21 (got first copy 8/16 but needed changes)
Closing docs returned buyer: 8/24/21
Closing docs returned seller: ??
Closing: 8/30/21
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

I have to agree with others who have said the title company makes a huge impact on the resale experience. We had a great experience and excellent communication with First American for our Aulani contract that closed recently, but we're not having such a great experience with communication from Mason, unfortunately. (Slow communication and not replying to questions via email has been an issue, but the agent keeps emailing the wrong email for my husband which is totally unacceptable!) I have to say that Jamie from www.dvcstore.com has tried to help & has been amazing, though, and we would no doubt purchase through them again.

Home: VGC
Broker: www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow
Offer made: 7/12/21
Offer accepted: 7/12/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/13/21
Passed ROFR: 8/13/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 8/23/21
Closing docs returned: 8/28/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 9/1/21
Funds Wired: 9/1/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:

I have to agree with others who have said the title company makes a huge impact on the resale experience. We had a great experience and excellent communication with First American for our Aulani contract that closed recently, but we're not having such a great experience with communication from Mason, unfortunately. (Slow communication and not replying to questions via email has been an issue, but the agent keeps emailing the wrong email for my husband which is totally unacceptable!) I have to say that Jamie from www.dvcstore.com has tried to help & has been amazing, though, and we would no doubt purchase through them again.

Home: VGC
Broker: www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow
Offer made: 7/12/21
Offer accepted: 7/12/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/13/21
Passed ROFR: 8/13/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 8/23/21
Closing docs returned: 8/28/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 9/1/21
Funds Wired: 9/1/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:
Who are you working with at Mason? I wonder if its the same person we had who was just all around awful to communicate with via email. We had to resort to calling him to get our answers.

Who are you working with at Mason? I wonder if its the same person we had who was just all around awful to communicate with via email. We had to resort to calling him to get our answers.
Marcelo 😔 I've heard wonderful things about Cammy, though.

Marcelo 😔 I've heard wonderful things about Cammy, though.
Yup same guy we had. When we called him my husband basically told him how his communication sucked. Let's just say soon after we officially closed and the deed was recorded. It got him moving FAST. I wish there was someone at Mason that we could complain to. I feel like during the entire phase communication is so important and when it fails because of someone whether you are at the beginning phase or at the closing phase it just leave a sour taste and makes you not want to use whichever company you are dealing with at that moment ever again.

Home Resort: AUL
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 5/16/2021
Offer accepted: 5/17/2021
Sent to ROFR: 5/20/2021
Passed ROFR: 6/10/2021
Estoppel Received: 6/14/2021
Closing docs received: 6/14/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/20/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/20/2021
Funds wired: 7/27/2021
Closing: 8/3/2021
Deed recorded: 8/3/2021
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/1/2021
Points in account:

I have my points! I did call MS to get them loaded, but they're in my account now. :tigger:

Offer made: 6/11/2021
Offer accepted: 6/11/2021
Sent to ROFR: 6/15/2021
Passed ROFR: 7/06/2021
Estoppel received: 7/09/2021
Closing docs received: 07/20/2021
Closing docs returned: 07/21/2021
Seller's closing docs returned: 07/27/2021
Funds wired: 07/27/2021
Closing: 7/28/2021
Deed recorded: 7/30/2021
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 08/29/2021
Points in account: 09/02/2021 (called MS for loading)

Days Total: 79

Still better than last summer when it took 93 days for my SSR contract.

Also had problems with Marcelo at Mason. He sent me the seller's documents and it kind of dampened my spirit when I saw I got a good deal because the wife had died necessitating a title change and money was still owed on the contract. It's a pretty serious breach of confidentiality. He also kept stating he had sent the buyers' documents to my wife's email via docusign for her to sign and we never got them. I finally just had him use my email for her.

Also had problems with Marcelo at Mason. He sent me the seller's documents and it kind of dampened my spirit when I saw I got a good deal because the wife had died necessitating a title change and money was still owed on the contract. It's a pretty serious breach of confidentiality. He also kept stating he had sent the buyers' documents to my wife's email via docusign for her to sign and we never got them. I finally just had him use my email for her.

There are a lot of places where that would have been grounds for termination.

Can't say enough good about Cammy, though.

@FSUSammy @Quiltsndisney @stlrod I'm sorry you all had poor experiences with him, too. Since brokers typically use specific title companies, I think it's worth mentioning it to them vs. reporting to the title company. Jamie from www.dvcstore.com said that they have switched title companies in the past based on feedback and declining customer service. She seemed to understand the impact it has on the experience when purchasing from them.

Honestly, I'm just sooo over this entire process and can't wait to close! ...and direct purchases seem much more attractive after experiencing the resale process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter