Offer accepted: 9/1/22
Sent to ROFR: 9/6/22
Passed ROFR: 9/19/22
Closing docs received: 4/13/23
Closing docs returned: 5/2/23
Closing: 5/17/23
Deed recorded: 5/18/23
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/2/23
Points in account: 6/6/23 (Called and they were able to help right away. 😀)

9 months and 5 days in the making! (That felt quicker than I thought! We knew it was a delayed closing so it was just a matter of patience.)

Sending good vibes to everyone on a quick closing!

No it’s not normal you should have 2025 points too.

I assume they are loading the points and that’s the reason why they are missing. When they are done loading them 2025 should be there too. If the points don’t show up in a couple of days I would call and ask.
Okay. But you can't borrow points from more than a year ahead right?

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com
Offer made: 4/19/23
Offer accepted: 4/19/23
Sent to ROFR: 4/21/23
Passed ROFR: 5/12/23
Closing docs received: 5/25/23
Closing docs returned: 5/26/23 (buyer; with holiday weekend, received at title co. 5/30/23)
Closing: 6/6/23
Deed recorded: 6/7/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member with same UY):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Getting closer. :)

you can make a 2024 reservation and borrow 2025 points, but it would make zero sense to not use 2024 points first before borrowing.
It also depends on Use Year too. If the contract is still in its 2022 UY currently, then at best you could borrow from 2024.

It also depends on Use Year too. If the contract is still in its 2022 UY currently, then at best you could borrow from 2024.
No that’s not entirely accurate.

Basically you can borrow points from one UY ahead from which the reservation falls.

If the reservations falls in your 2024 UY then you can borrow from 2025.

If the reservation falls in your 2022 UY then you can borrow from 2023.

Has anyone ever had luck chatting to get the contract details added faster? We should be getting our email any day now but we're trying to book leading into Feb race weekend and availability is already limited. A few days faster might help.

No that’s not entirely accurate.

Basically you can borrow points from one UY ahead from which the reservation falls.

If the reservations falls in your 2024 UY then you can borrow from 2025.

If the reservation falls in your 2022 UY then you can borrow from 2023.
Specific to this particular situation (where you’re talking about borrowing 2025 points for a 2024 reservation), it’s 100% accurate.

You said “you can make a 2024 reservation and borrow 2025 points, but it would make zero sense to not use 2024 points first before borrowing”.

If you have an August, September, October or December UY, you are currently still in your 2022 UY, so the furthest out you borrow right now, is your 2024 points, for any reservation, at any time. Those people can’t even make a reservation that falls in their 2024 UY yet. That changes as we move into those months and those UY’s roll into 2023, but they’re not there yet. For those contracts already into their 2023 UY, then sure, they can definitely make 2024 reservations (and borrow from 2025). I’m simply pointing out that not everyone can “make a 2024 reservation and borrow 2025 points” right now.

One UY ahead? Definitely. 2025? Yes, but depending on your UY. As I said “it depends”.

Last edited:
UPDATE!
Home Resort: VGC
Broker: https://dvcsales.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 4/16
Offer accepted: 4/17
Sent to ROFR: 4/18
Passed ROFR: 5/11
Closing docs received: 5/17
Closing docs returned (buyer): 5/18
Closing: 5/25
Deed recorded: 5/25
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 6/7
Points in account:

Days total: 52 and counting....

**UPDATED**
Home Resort: BWV
Broker:
Title Company: www.masontitle.com
Offer made: 4/6
Offer accepted: 4/8
Sent to ROFR: 4/10
Passed ROFR: 5/1
Closing docs received: 5/4
Closing docs returned:5/4 (buyer), 5/22 (seller)
Closing: 5/25
Deed recorded: 5/26
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 6/7
Points in account: 6/8

Days Total:

Almost there!
Final Update!

My points are loaded (contacted MS this morning). BUT it's not letting me book anything. It says I don't have enough points, even if I borrow. I have 300 points in 2023, with Oct UY. I am trying to book May 2024. I should be able to right?

Also, trying to select the dates on the calendar is a mess. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it takes me 5-6 tries to get it to select what I am wanting :(

Final Update!

My points are loaded (contacted MS this morning). BUT it's not letting me book anything. It says I don't have enough points, even if I borrow. I have 300 points in 2023, with Oct UY. I am trying to book May 2024. I should be able to right?

Also, trying to select the dates on the calendar is a mess. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it takes me 5-6 tries to get it to select what I am wanting :(
Try chat. I had the same issue, they booked for me.

As the OP, I am looking back at my posts after two years.
My first Resale took 90 days in Spring 2021 and my second Resale took 54 days in Spring 2021.
We love being a DVC family!
We actually bought a tiny (25 point) add on in Fall 2021.
Keep up the great work on the thread! :earsboy:

question for you all: I closed on my first DVC contract (resale @ BWV, dec use year) and that contract is showing on my dashboard with points. I bought one for SSR thereafter and the contract is showing on my dashboard but points aren't loaded (use year is June).

I started the chat but the CM said it takes several weeks (which I know) and that if I had a trip to book now they could *possibly* get them loaded faster. It's been 2 weeks since I closed - should I try again and see if I get another CM whose more willing to help?

Final Update!

What dates are you trying to book? If it's late May, you aren't within your 11 months yet.

What dates are you trying to book? If it's late May, you aren't within your 11 months yet.
Early May. But I think Disney was still working on my acount behind the scenes. About an hour after I posted, it stopped being glitchy, and was going to let me book (but what I wan't wasn't available...BWV standard studio haha).

question for you all: I closed on my first DVC contract (resale @ BWV, dec use year) and that contract is showing on my dashboard with points. I bought one for SSR thereafter and the contract is showing on my dashboard but points aren't loaded (use year is June).

I started the chat but the CM said it takes several weeks (which I know) and that if I had a trip to book now they could *possibly* get them loaded faster. It's been 2 weeks since I closed - should I try again and see if I get another CM whose more willing to help?
Answered my own question: went back to chat after I came back from lunch and this CM helped me out :)

🌼🌸FINAL UPDATE🌸🌼
Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: https://dvcsales.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 4/5/23
Offer accepted: 4/5/23
Sent to ROFR: 4/6/23
Passed ROFR: 5/8/23
Closing docs received: 5/12/23
Closing docs returned: 5/15/23 (buyer), 5/16 (seller), funds wired 5/17
Closing: 5/24/23
Deed recorded: 5/25/23
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/7/23
Points in account: 6/8/23 (chatted with MS online and my points were showing 20 min later!)

Days Total: 64

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter