Closing Time!

Just got activated! Called member services and they were able to set up my member id, but points aren't ready to load just yet. I'll try calling them tomorrow to see if anything changes. It's been a long, wild ride! We are still hoping to use our points for our June 25th trip...fingers are crossed those points come soon!

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 3/16
Offer accepted: 3/17
Sent to ROFR: 3/22
Passed ROFR: 4/4
Closing docs received: 5/3
Closing docs returned: 5/4 (buyer)
Closing: 5/19
Deed recorded: 5/24
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 6/5
Points in account:

semi-related question - anyone know why it still shows '3 notifications' but when I click on it there isn't anything I can mark as 'read'?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 1.13.35 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 1.13.35 PM.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 10

I contacted the Title Company Friday, to find out if they received all of the paperwork, heard back from them Saturday, stating that they have received both our (buyer) and sellers paperwork and it would take another couple of weeks for the deed to get recorded. Heard back from the broker this afternoon that the deed was recorded today. So excited!! So close to being able to book my next two trips. I'm already a resale owner, same resort (SSR), so I'm hoping the points will be added shortly. WOOP WOOP!! :cool1:

Just got activated! Called member services and they were able to set up my member id, but points aren't ready to load just yet. I'll try calling them tomorrow to see if anything changes. It's been a long, wild ride! We are still hoping to use our points for our June 25th trip...fingers are crossed those points come soon!

Points in account:
Your update has me excited. We closed on 25th and deed recorded on 30th so we're close since 24th is only 3 business days from 30th lol.

I have the same problem, I found out in my closing documents that I bought from an international seller, Now all of a sudden $200 firpta services were listed. How did you guys handle this?
It shows up on your closing but you do not actually pay it. It just comes out of the portion that you are paying the seller. That is why it looks like you are paying it.

Points in account:
Your post has me so very excited because my contract closed on May 24th and was recorded on May 25th :cool1: I am an existing member so I am hoping that my Grand Floridian contract shows up very soon pixiedust:

Maybe just luck, but I am using https://www.masontitle.com/ for my purchase and I got my closing documents 24 hours after I passed ROFR. You can see my previous post for the timeline, but I passed on 5/30/23 and I got closing documents on 5/31/23. Unfortunately, I'm now still waiting for the sellers to complete their side, so closing has not yet occurred.

I've had the opposite experience. Passed ROFR on 5/26, and still have not received closing documents from Mason. I think it's time I reach out. Thanks for sharing your experience, and congrats on receiving your docs quickly!! :)

Just got my account activated!! Yay! Who do I reach out to. To get my points loaded
You may have to wait another day or two, but I used the chat function to inquire about this, and the person I chatted with said he would submit a request (I assume to Member Admin, but he didn't use that term) to have my points loaded and that I should check back that day in about an hour or so, although he did say that if I didn't see them then, I'd have to keep waiting.
Will we be notified when our points are loaded or is it just a game of refreshing the page? :)
I wasn't actually notified when my points were loaded!

Same question :)
I have the same problem, I found out in my closing documents that I bought from an international seller, Now all of a sudden $200 firpta services were listed. How did you guys handle this?
Others are definitely more experienced on this. I just passed ROFR so I’ll post when I see what the closing docs itemize.

How is the $200 itemized on your closing docs?

Your post has me so very excited because my contract closed on May 24th and was recorded on May 25th :cool1: I am an existing member so I am hoping that my Grand Floridian contract shows up very soon pixiedust:
Our deed was recorded on 5/25 and I got both the club ID and activatation code emails this afternoon about 2 hours apart from one another. Now just waiting on points go load ❤️

Edit : sorry deed was recorded on 5/23 not 5/25 as I stated above.

Last edited:
I chatted again last night and was told that the points aren't available to load yet. I'm on the phone with them now. Our contract showed last Friday!
Curious how this went? I went through chat yesterday and today - was told can't do anything. My trip is soon, like end of this month soon...we have a room booked but would rather use points instead of out of pocket.

Curious how this went? I went through chat yesterday and today - was told can't do anything. My trip is soon, like end of this month soon...we have a room booked but would rather use points instead of out of pocket.
Unfortunately, that's likely not going to happen. The room you have reserved on cash is either a hotel-side room, or a DVC room from breakage inventory (depending on the resort and room category), and in order for you to switch to points, that room would need to be fully cancelled, and then you'd have to re-book the room in a completely separate transaction. Re-booking would depend on availability, which is really unlikely for a trip several weeks out.

They can't just switch the "payment" method from cash to points.

Unfortunately, that's likely not going to happen. The room you have reserved on cash is either a hotel-side room, or a DVC room from breakage inventory (depending on the resort and room category), and in order for you to switch to points, that room would need to be fully cancelled, and then you'd have to re-book the room in a completely separate transaction. Re-booking would depend on availability, which is really unlikely for a trip several weeks out.

They can't just switch the "payment" method from cash to points.
I wasn’t expecting them to switch the payment method. I expected to cancel and rebook. The room type I am looking for is currently available actually but with it being close to travel dates am getting nervous about it disappearing. Thanks for your help though

I wasn’t expecting them to switch the payment method. I expected to cancel and rebook. The room type I am looking for is currently available actually but with it being close to travel dates am getting nervous about it disappearing. Thanks for your help though
Good luck to you then.

I didn't mean to suggest that you were expecting anything, it's just that there are a lot of new members that don't fully understand how DVC works, particularly once you get within a month or two of your intended travel dates. Many see DVC villas available on the main cash booking site, and assume that those rooms can still be booked on points, not knowing that those rooms have been pulled from DVC inventory through breakage, transfers, etc. and can no longer be accessed by/through DVC. I've seen quite a few who actually do assume that they can simply swap the payment for points as well.

Sounds like you are good though.

Just curious, have anyone calculated the average time from deed being record to contract showing up on the dashboard?

I know it change from time to time, but you should be able to calculate it on a monthly basis.

Just curious, have anyone calculated the average time from deed being record to contract showing up on the dashboard?

I know it change from time to time, but you should be able to calculate it on a monthly basis.

I’d love to know this too!

There have been some very ad hoc calculations done throughout the 200+ pages of this thread...I think it's a huge task to undertake since this thread doesn't have a pangyal to gather all the info, nor a useful tool to post strings that might be easily gathered into a spreadsheet.

Roughly speaking it does seem to be in the 2-4 week range? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter