Closing Time!!

Here is our timeline:
Sent to ROFR on 3/3
Passed on 3/25
Got closing documents on 5/6; overnighted my part back same day
Confirmation of my docs rcvd by title co 5/7
Waiting on sellers, hope they are fast at returning their part.

I've overnighted everything just to ensure prompt receipt. When we started this our closing date was 5/5/15. Not even a hint of a potential closing date right now. My hopes for a November DVC stay are diminishing every day. I am in complete turmoil as to whether I should just book a cash room and get the free dining for November; or hold out for who knows how much longer and risk loosing getting either type of room (cash or DVC). Patience was not a virtue I was blessed with. :guilty:

We are now on day 64 of the waiting game.....This may very well take 3 months to complete. :hourglass

Given that our contract is at 89 days and still not done (see my previous post for details), I'd book the cash reservation if the cancellation policy is reasonable. That way you guarantee you won't have the disappointment of not having your vacation at all and it will relieve some of the stress in waiting. Good luck!

Given that our contract is at 89 days and still not done (see my previous post for details), I'd book the cash reservation if the cancellation policy is reasonable. That way you guarantee you won't have the disappointment of not having your vacation at all and it will relieve some of the stress in waiting. Good luck!

Thank you ghenghy! I think I'm going to hold out for a room only discount. Had a long discussion with DH this afternoon, and we are getting AP's on our June trip and TIW card in June. If we can't get DVC by the time the late fall room only offers come out, we'll go ahead and book. We really don't need FD, always leave credits behind.

Ok now I'm here. Update on timeline:

Offer accepted 3/3
ROFR sent 3/5
Waived 4/1
Estoppel Received 5/11
Closing Docs Received 5/12
Closing Docs sent priority to Escrow/Title Agent 5/13

Broker has been in touch with the sellers and they have received their documents and will be getting them notarized and sent back to the title agency. 2.5 months and counting .... patience is a virtue (especially when buying Resale DVC). Here's praying there is availability when I want to book. Back up plan is for Jan 16-23 2016 and to take the kids out of school for a couple days.

Ok now I'm here. Update on timeline:

Offer accepted 3/3
ROFR sent 3/5
Waived 4/1
Estoppel Received 5/11
Closing Docs Received 5/12
Closing Docs sent priority to Escrow/Title Agent 5/13

Broker has been in touch with the sellers and they have received their documents and will be getting them notarized and sent back to the title agency. 2.5 months and counting .... patience is a virtue (especially when buying Resale DVC). Here's praying there is availability when I want to book. Back up plan is for Jan 16-23 2016 and to take the kids out of school for a couple days.
BEST OF LUCK. I recently (like last week) was able to get my points loaded (almost 3 months in same hell) and surprisingly, had good choices still available. Hoping you will get your preferred days too. :yay:

I feel better reading the threads I thought I was the only one waiting 90 days! We thought we could juggle buying/ selling contracts. between the broker not replying to emails & phone calls and the title company sending our closing documents to the wrong email address our check is finally in the mail. contract accepted 2/9, check sent 5/12. Now we can breathe easy and wait for our closing on our BWV purchase. Can't wait to finally get to stay at Boardwalk Villas!

I'm literally watching my chances of our first Christmas home melt away, but I'm hopeful. If it's not in the cards, then we have a much easier trip in January (which ultimately would be cheaper) to have. Luckily I'm open and willing to stay at any of the resorts, but I do want a 1 bedroom so here's hoping. I cannot believe it takes so long. Thank you hopeful4fl! It's much harder when a couple months ago the process was going so much faster based on the boards and all of a sudden it seemed to hit a stall.

I'm literally watching my chances of our first Christmas home melt away, but I'm hopeful. If it's not in the cards, then we have a much easier trip in January (which ultimately would be cheaper) to have. Luckily I'm open and willing to stay at any of the resorts, but I do want a 1 bedroom so here's hoping. I cannot believe it takes so long. Thank you hopeful4fl! It's much harder when a couple months ago the process was going so much faster based on the boards and all of a sudden it seemed to hit a stall.
I hear ya. There were days when I thought all Disney Magic for I was coming through Maleficent.
I will tell you though, when you are able to log in for the first time and BOOK your vacations, your family and you will have the biggest smiles on your face.......

Can anyone confirm if I'm looking at the right Orange County Comptroller's webpage? It says "Documents Proofed through May 8, 2015".

BEST OF LUCK. I recently (like last week) was able to get my points loaded (almost 3 months in same hell) and surprisingly, had good choices still available. Hoping you will get your preferred days too. :yay:
I can't remember what you were looking for? When were you able to book for? Where?

Updated timeline:
3/3 offer made & accepted
3/4 sent to ROFR
3/25 passed ROFR
5/6 Closing docs received
5/7 my docs received at Title Co
5/13 Seller's docs received at Title Co

Closing date, "to be scheduled" and OCC website says "Documents Proofed through May 8, 2015".:guilty:

71 days...and counting

Last edited:
Just called dvc member accounting its day 7 since deeds been recorded and the woman told me that they are really behind at submitting resales and that people have been waiting about 1 month before all the info is put in!! I sure hope i don't have to wait that long!!

Just called dvc member accounting its day 7 since deeds been recorded and the woman told me that they are really behind at submitting resales and that people have been waiting about 1 month before all the info is put in!! I sure hope i don't have to wait that long!!

I seriously hope you are kidding me??!! This is definitely Disney's way of discouraging resale purchases.

Oh my God!! This is turning into what we thought would be a 2 month process to 5 months.

I hear you Lakegirl. I don't even want to ask my broker anymore about timelines. It's too depressing. I'm just at the point where I will be happy with what I can get at last minute.

Here's my timeline:

02/08/15 - Made an Offer
02/09/15 - Offer accepted
02/11/15 - Contract signed and sent deposit check
03/16/15 - ROFR Waived
04/14/15 - Received Closing documents
04/15/15 - Wire transfer sent to title company
04/30/15 - Deed registered with Orange County

I called DVC Member Accounting today and was also told it's taking a month because "resales are really hot" these days.

Wow ... a month is so depressing (sitting back watching her Christmas vacation hopes melt away). Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter