Closing Time!!

I've thrown in the towel on hopes of getting a DVC stay in November. Booked cash stay for Nov tonight. We haven't closed, from what I've read here Disney's taking a month to issue member numbers, and this whole process is a huge thorn in my side.

On the upside, I did call DVC direct tonight, the resort I want has points available, sure it's a little more $$, but I can pay over the phone, have my account set up & make a reservation all in the SAME DAY! Will definitely keep this in mind when/if I decide to add on in the future.

Here's an update:

02/08/15 - Made an Offer
02/09/15 - Offer accepted
02/11/15 - Contract signed and sent deposit check
03/16/15 - ROFR Waived
04/14/15 - Received Closing documents
04/15/15 - Wire transfer sent to title company
04/30/15 - Deed registered with Orange County
05/15/15 - Received member number from Member Accounting

I called DVC Member Accounting today and by some miracle was given my member number. When I eventually spoke to an agent at Member Services, they told me I had to wait " A few more days" to get my club ID and activation code to access the website. The very friendly agent however was able to waitlist me for reservation.

Here's an update:

02/08/15 - Made an Offer
03/16/15 - ROFR Waived

I called DVC Member Accounting today and by some miracle was given my member number. When I eventually spoke to an agent at Member Services, they told me I had to wait " A few more days" to get my club ID and activation code to access the website. The very friendly agent however was able to waitlist me for reservation.
Thats so good to hear im glad you got your member #. So did they say if you will you have to call back to get the club ID and activation code? Or will you have to wait for the paperwork in the mail? Hopefully i will be getting mine soon as well!!!

Thats so good to hear im glad you got your member #. So did they say if you will you have to call back to get the club ID and activation code? Or will you have to wait for the paperwork in the mail? Hopefully i will be getting mine soon as well!!!

She said I could call back in a few days.

Great news just called member accounting and got my member #then they transferred me to someone else who gave me my club ID and activation code all at once and they even helped my log in for the first time!!! It took 9 business days since deed was recorded and ive been calling daily. So good luck and keep calling to all that are still waiting!! Guess they were wrong about 30 days!

Great news just called member accounting and got my member #then they transferred me to someone else who gave me my club ID and activation code all at once and they even helped my log in for the first time!!! It took 9 business days since deed was recorded and ive been calling daily. So good luck and keep calling to all that are still waiting!! Guess they were wrong about 30 days!
Glad to hear!!! Thanks for sharing the good news!!!

The interesting thing I find about all this is that Disney had ALL my information already.

As soon as I got my member number from Member Accounting, I called the Member Services and they had my e-mail, last four of my social security number, home address and home phone number in their system.

If they have all that, why can't they send a courtesy e-mail saying "Hi, you're in our system" instead of having to waste their time by calling every day or waiting for snail mail.

If they have all that, why can't they send a courtesy e-mail saying "Hi, you're in our system" instead of having to waste their time by calling every day or waiting for snail mail.
Because email isn't secure, and, you haven't yet been able to consent to receiving information through that method until after you log in.

Here's another update:

02/08/15 - Made an Offer
03/16/15 - ROFR Waived
05/18/15 - Called Member services and was able to link my Club ID to my existing My Disney Experience account for full online access.

Updated timeline:
3/3 offer made & accepted
3/4 sent to ROFR
3/25 passed ROFR
5/6 Closing docs received
5/7 my docs received at Title Co
5/13 Seller's docs received at Title Co
5/19 Deed Sent for Recording

76 Days and OCC website says Documents Proofed through 5/13/2015.

Last edited:
Here is our timeline:
Sent to ROFR on 2/10
Passed on 3/9
Got closing documents on 4/3
Title company received our documents and funds on 4/6
Closed on 5/4
Hoping for a membership number and login by 5/20

Got our number and online access on 5/18 and snagged a BLT room for our last night for our short trip in June. Worked out well since we'll be at the California Grill that night.

Also got 5 days at Saratoga for food and wine in October

Our deed was finally sent for recording on Monday. We had major problems with USPS. The Orlando postal service is abismal! We sent it priority(2 day) two weeks ago. Sent on a Monday and it was supposed to arrive at the title company on a Wednesday. It was sent back and forth to different post offices in the area. Finally last Wednesday a week after the documents/check were supposed to arrive we had to go cancel the check and reissue it.

Ended up overnighting it with FedEx that time. Low and behold the original paperwork/check arrived yesterday, two weeks after it was sent.

My advice is to avoid sending paperwork through USPS. Use UPS or Fed Ex if possible!

Our deed was finally sent for recording on Monday. We had major problems with USPS. The Orlando postal service is abismal! We sent it priority(2 day) two weeks ago. Sent on a Monday and it was supposed to arrive at the title company on a Wednesday. It was sent back and forth to different post offices in the area. Finally last Wednesday a week after the documents/check were supposed to arrive we had to go cancel the check and reissue it.

Ended up overnighting it with FedEx that time. Low and behold the original paperwork/check arrived yesterday, two weeks after it was sent.

My advice is to avoid sending paperwork through USPS. Use UPS or Fed Ex if possible!

I did a wire transfer. It was a bit more expensive, but worth the peace of mind.

My closing documents have been recieved by Title Company, now to wait for the sellers to send theirs in. Hopefully they spent lots of money on their cruise and are eager to get their documents back so we can close. :)

Our sellers were from the UK and it took them longer to get their docs in as well. And they forgot one so had to wait for that but we closed the day the title company recieved it 5/4. And our deed was recorded on the site the next day 5/5. Now just have to wait and start calling member services in a few days!!!

So best news of the day so far - we closed and the deed is being recorded. still a little hope for a quick trip after Father's day

Here is our latest updated timeline:
Initial offer submitted 2/09
Sent to ROFR on 2/12
Passed on 3/9
Got closing documents on 4/3
Title company received our documents and funds on 4/6
Title company received sellers documents on 4/29 (delay due to illness)
Deed recorded 5/11
Called and was told the member info letter was sent out yesterday, 5/19

Contrary to the experiences of others on this board, the member admin person I talked to wouldn't give me my member ID or any information at all other than the transfer was completed yesterday and the letter had been sent. She said something about there has to be a wait of 24 to 48 hours between when the transfer was completed and when I can log in. I'm going to call again tomorrow and hope I have better luck.

Contrary to the experiences of others on this board, the member admin person I talked to wouldn't give me my member ID or any information at all other than the transfer was completed yesterday and the letter had been sent. She said something about there has to be a wait of 24 to 48 hours between when the transfer was completed and when I can log in. I'm going to call again tomorrow and hope I have better luck.
Did you select option #3 from the phone menu to connect to Member Accounting? Member Services and Member Administration will not release the information.

The 24-48 hours may be because the points may not be loaded into the new account immediately.

We received our closing documents today YAY!!! I noticed that in our documents it states that documents from both parties and funds need to be received at their office by May 27 or contract will be cancelled. Has anyone noticed that on their contract?

Ours (received yesterday) stated return by June 8. I don't understand why yours are so much sooner? I'm hoping my sellers get theirs in much sooner than that!

Ours (received yesterday) stated return by June 8. I don't understand why yours are so much sooner? I'm hoping my sellers get theirs in much sooner than that!

Mine will go in tomorrow but I'm worried about the seller. So far she's been really good at sending the papers promptly but it only give her 7 days and in there there's Memorial day and the weekend too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter