Closing Time!!

Hi Jperiod. Did you send your closing documents/payment to California or Florida? We are using the same broker and waiting for documents and hope for as fast a timeline as yours!

Mike

We are using first american as well and we sent to FL. I just talked to them as according to fedex the docs and check arrived today. They are slammed and had so many fedex envelopes she said she couldn't confirm they received it.

Hi Jperiod. Did you send your closing documents/payment to California or Florida? We are using the same broker and waiting for documents and hope for as fast a timeline as yours!

Mike
They went to Lav Vegas, actually! But the deed was recorded in california. Rebecca Blair was our contact at First American.

They went to Lav Vegas, actually! But the deed was recorded in California. Rebecca Blair was our contact at First American.

Thank you! I'm not so patiently waiting on the docs...:) I had some outside dream that we would get our number and be able to go to the Top of the World Lounge on October 12th, but I doubt it will go that quickly. If not we can wait to visit the TotWL in December when my wife and I have an adults only trip in WDW for a meeting. If all goes well we will likely make our first reservation for October 2018 at the Grand Californian!
Mike

And, DONE! I just booked our first stay with this contract for April!

Polynesian
Broker: Fidelity
Closing: First American Title

6/26 Offer accepted
7/6 Sent to ROFR
7/28 Passed ROFR
8/9 Closing docs received
8/28 Closing docs returned by seller
8/31 CLOSED!
8/31 Deed recorded on OCC site
9/8 Contract showed up in existing account
9/13 Points loaded into account

And, DONE! I just booked our first stay with this contract for April!

Polynesian
Closing: First American Title

6/26 Offer accepted
7/6 Sent to ROFR
7/28 Passed ROFR
8/9 Closing docs received
8/28 Closing docs returned by seller
8/31 CLOSED!
8/31 Deed recorded on OCC site
9/8 Contract showed up in existing account
9/13 Points loaded into account
Congrats!!!

AKL Timeline:
160 points
7/19 Offer made/accepted
7/24 Contract out for ROFR
8/4 Passed ROFR
8/29 Closing Docs Received
8/30 Buyer Docs Returned
9/7 Closed!
9/12 Deed recorded

Can't wait for that account to get created!!

Thank you! I'm not so patiently waiting on the docs...:) I had some outside dream that we would get our number and be able to go to the Top of the World Lounge on October 12th, but I doubt it will go that quickly. If not we can wait to visit the TotWL in December when my wife and I have an adults only trip in WDW for a meeting. If all goes well we will likely make our first reservation for October 2018 at the Grand Californian!
Mike
Labor Day and Irma might have influenced the time it's taking to get my member number. If I get it Friday, that's 15 days. But most people get it in 10.

Our first trip on our VGC points will be Dec 2018 and planning 2 trips in 2019 for Star Wars land! :D

Yes, that's exactly my status! I called Bonnie last week and she said she would look into. That was before Irma showed up! I still do not know if my seller's closing documents were received.

Same here.... Working with Bonnie and my seller hasn't returned documents

Labor Day and Irma might have influenced the time it's taking to get my member number. If I get it Friday, that's 15 days. But most people get it in 10.

Our first trip on our VGC points will be Dec 2018 and planning 2 trips in 2019 for Star Wars land! :D

Work related trips to DLR in late October and Jan and WDW in Dec so no need to use DVC. We are renting points from someone for $12 a point in July for WDW (2 studios for 5 nights before a cruise) so I'm not messing with that deal which puts us in October for DLR and a 4 night fall break trip. Our use year is Sept so we will likely bank all of 2017's points and plan for 1-2 trips to DLR for Star Wars land in 2019 too!!
Mike

Since I'm now a week past my closing date, emailed Cammy at First American asking what is going to happen to the contract. She responded with "I copied Evelyn at Fidelity so she can go over the contract options with you." I then emailed Evelyn a series of questions, one being "Did the seller change their minds?" because jeez, it's been a month since I sent back my closing docs and funds. She responds with "I have followed up with the seller today." So, I still don't know what's going on. I am so incredibly frustrated that I am starting to see why people just buy direct.

I never got around to posting my BCV contract on the ROFR thread, but figured I'd list both my resale contract timelines once everything was finalized.

VGC
Closing: First American Title (Las Vegas office)

Offer made/accepted: 6/9
Sent to ROFR: 6/13
Passed ROFR: 6/27
Received/returned closing docs: 7/20
FA received buyer closing docs and wire: 7/21
Sellers embassy appointment: 8/23
Seller Documents received: ???
Closed: 8/29
Loaded into my DVC account: 9/12
Points loaded: 9/14

BCV

Broker: The Timeshare Store
Closing: First American Title (Florida office)

Offer made/accepted: 7/28
Sent to ROFR: 7/30
Passed ROFR: 8/11
Received emailed closing docs: 8/25
Returned closing docs and wire: 8/28
Seller Documents received: ??
Closed: 9/1
Deed Recorded: 9/5
Loaded in DVC account: 9/13
Points loaded: later in the day on 9/13

Clearly very different timelines. Part of the issue was that our seller for VGC lives in Japan which Fidelity did not tells us until we received closing documents. That was pretty irritating and the wait for closing to occur was also frustrating. :worship:There were issues with the sellers closing documents being emailed incorrectly from First American which didn't get resolved until I checked in on things two weeks after all my documents/payment had been sent in. Fidelity has great prices, but the experience with them and FA (in Las Vegas) was not fantastic. Overall I can't complain too much as it was just over three months from offer to points being loaded.

On the other hand, my experience with The Timeshare Store was amazing. Our timeline was great and everything moved along easily without having to harass anyone. We really thought this contract was going to close before the VGC contract, but we were two days off. I did get my BCV points loaded before the VGC points though! :rolleyes: I would highly recommend The Timeshare Store and would definitely use them again. Glad to have this all done with my trips booked, points banked, and everything ready for our future trips. :flower1:

Since I'm now a week past my closing date, emailed Cammy at First American asking what is going to happen to the contract. She responded with "I copied Evelyn at Fidelity so she can go over the contract options with you." I then emailed Evelyn a series of questions, one being "Did the seller change their minds?" because jeez, it's been a month since I sent back my closing docs and funds. She responds with "I have followed up with the seller today." So, I still don't know what's going on. I am so incredibly frustrated that I am starting to see why people just buy direct.

At this point, should you call Bonnie and ask if the seller is backing out? Evelyn has been so random (and once incorrect!) in her communications with you, but it seems like they have spent weeks trying to get that paper and nothing yet?! Did it get lost in the mail?

At this point should you call Bonnie and ask if the seller is backing out? Evelyn has been so random (and once incorrect!) in her communications with you, but it seems like they have spent weeks trying to get that paper and nothing yet?! Did it get lost in the mail?

Took your advice and called Bonnie! She said that the sellers are going through a divorce, and still want to sell. They are just having a hard time getting all the signatures correct. Apparently they both have to sign it and so do others involved.... lawyers? Why couldn't someone say that sooner? That would have saved me a few headaches. LOL

Took your advice and called Bonnie! She said that the sellers are going through a divorce, and still want to sell. They are just having a hard time getting all the signatures correct. Apparently they both have to sign it and so do others involved.... lawyers? Why couldn't someone say that sooner? That would have saved me a few headaches. LOL
Ah, I had divorcing sellers when I bought my AKV points & it did delay things as the soon to be ex spouses had moved to different states.
It may be that the lawyers are negotiating over who gets proceeds from or owes any monies as a result of the sale in the property settlement and must sign documents relating to the divorce case, but the lawyers don't have to sign anything that transfers ownership to you, that's simply a real estate transaction which only requires that the owners sign.

Ah, I had divorcing sellers when I bought my AKV points & it did delay things as the soon to be ex spouses had moved to different states.
It may be that the lawyers are negotiating over who gets proceeds from or owes any monies as a result of the sale in the property settlement and must sign documents relating to the divorce case, but the lawyers don't have to sign anything that transfers ownership to you, that's simply a real estate transaction which only requires that the owners sign.

How long did it take for you to close?

Fingers crossed that you get some good news soon!!!

I have used three different brokers, that are pretty prominent here and all went about as smoothly as can be. A slow closing probably is more a factor of the seller in most cases, I always ask the broker if the seller is an international one or going through a divorce because it will cause delays. I would only purchase in these cases at a very low ball price, it's not worth the hassle especially in the case of a divorce.

Just wanted to update that while we closed on the 31st, (the whole process from putting in an offer to closing took only 42 days) we are still waiting for the contract to show up on our DVC account. Figuring Irma has things a bit delayed. Fingers crossed, the contract shows up soon!

How long did it take for you to close?
I'd have to go back and look, it was a couple of years ago, ROFR was routinely taking the maximum time so everyone's closing was taking a longer time, my sellers added about a month to the 'average'. Just looked back at my 2013 ROFR postings - it took 84 days from offer to DVC mailing me my membership number. I had hoped for a quick close as the sellers hadn't banked their points and I was going to try and squeeze in a last minute trip before 12/1 when the unbanked points expired, I didn't get access to the points until after 12/1, so they lapsed before I could use them :(

I'd have to go back and look, it was a couple of years ago, ROFR was routinely taking the maximum time so everyone's closing was taking a longer time, my sellers added about a month to the 'average'. Just looked back at my 2013 ROFR postings - it took 84 days from offer to DVC mailing me my membership number. I had hoped for a quick close as the sellers hadn't banked their points and I was going to try and squeeze in a last minute trip before 12/1 when the unbanked points expired, I didn't get access to the points until after 12/1, so they lapsed before I could use them :(

Oh no! I'm already at 76 days, so I think I'll pass your record. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter