Closing Time!!

Can't believe this but we are still waiting on estoppel. It was less than 20 days for ROFR but now it has been over a month since then. I contacted DVC Resale today and they said they would look into it.
Okay, so it turns out there was a step I was supposed to complete having to do with financing but I was never specifically told to do so. So honestly, I'm kind of wondering how long they had the estoppel without contacting me? I emailed them Monday of last week, got the reply that they were checking, didn't hear back, so emailed again Wednesday, then finally got the reply Thursday that I needed to get with the financing company, where I finally got all my instructions and got everything taken care of that afternoon. Friday, I received all the closing documents, filled out what I could this weekend, will be getting the last of the paperwork signed and notarized this evening, and then mailed out tomorrow. Whoa, that was mouthful.

BRV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Closing: Magic Vacation Title

7/5 Offer accepted
7/7 Contract signed and sent to broker
7/7 Sent to ROFR
7/25 Passed ROFR
9/1 Closing docs received
9/6 (projected) Closing docs returned by buyer (me)
? Closing docs returned by seller
? Deed recorded by the county
? Points Loaded into account

Looks like first American dropped the ball. Passed rofr 8/17 and I was thinking it's taking a while for estoppel so I emailed my agent to find out we passed the estoppel 8/24 and that I should have my closing documents by now.

Boulder Ridge Villas
Broker: Garden Views Realty
Closing: Jeffrey C. Sweet, Attorney at Law

8/6 Offer accepted
8/7 Contract signed and sent to broker
8/9 Sent to ROFR
8/21 Passed ROFR
8/24 Closing docs received
8/28 Buyer Closing Docs received
9/5 Seller Closing docs received and sale closed
?? Deed recorded by the county
?? Points Loaded into account

Pretty thrilled with this timeline! Now I need those points so we can book HHI in March! Fingers crossed!!

Pretty thrilled with this timeline! Now I need those points so we can book HHI in March! Fingers crossed!!

Congrats! We closed 8/31, so I've been logging in every day to check if the points/contract have been loaded. Not there yet! I'll post when they are.

AKL
Broker: Timeshare Store
Closing: First American

7/27 Offer accepted
7/28 Contract signed and sent to broker
7/28 Sent to ROFR
8/14 Passed ROFR
8/31 Closing docs received
9/5 Closing docs returned by buyer
9/5 Closing docs returned by seller

AKL
Broker: Timeshare Store
Closing: First American

7/27 Offer accepted
7/28 Contract signed and sent to broker
7/28 Sent to ROFR
8/14 Passed ROFR
8/31 Closing docs received
9/5 Closing docs returned by buyer
9/5 Closing docs returned by seller

9/7 closed...

I'm jealous of your timeline! LOL. I'm also using First American for an AKV contract... but at a much slower pace. My offer was made 6/30 and it wasn't even sent for ROFR until 7/11. Still waiting to close!

Sorry to hear this. What was the hold up? Hope you are getting close now to closing?

I'm jealous of your timeline! LOL. I'm also using First American for an AKV contract... but at a much slower pace. My offer was made 6/30 and it wasn't even sent for ROFR until 7/11. Still waiting to close!

I think our one is so far working out because the seller was so on the ball. It seemed like we both got the signed documents in really quickly... In this sense, I think there is really a bit of luck involved... I hope yours closes soon...

I think our one is so far working out because the seller was so on the ball. It seemed like we both got the signed documents in really quickly... In this sense, I think there is really a bit of luck involved... I hope yours closes soon...

It's hard to believe what is actually holding it up. Every week I hear "I just talked to the seller. They mailed the documents back (insert day) and we should be getting them in a few days." Plus, it's different days depending on who responds. I'm having a hard time believing them at this point.

It's hard to believe what is actually holding it up. Every week I hear "I just talked to the seller. They mailed the documents back (insert day) and we should be getting them in a few days." Plus, it's different days depending on who responds. I'm having a hard time believing them at this point.

That is brutal. When are you 'supposed' to close?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter