Passed ROFR 6/16
Passed estoppel by 6/27
Closing docs received by me 6/27
Closing docs sent back 7/3
Closing docs received by title company 7/5
Sellers docs received ?
Closing ?
Deed filed and points transferred ?

I did get an email reply just now. "Beginning of next week". Hope yours goes through soon.
Hope everyone gets good news on Monday! I sent an email to Cammy today asking if our seller returned his docs; got the out of office reply and forwarded it on to her fill in. As of today- he hasn't sent them back :headache:.

I did get an email reply just now. "Beginning of next week". Hope yours goes through soon.

Hope everyone gets good news on Monday! I sent an email to Cammy today asking if our seller returned his docs; got the out of office reply and forwarded it on to her fill in. As of today- he hasn't sent them back :headache:.

I just got an email tonight saying all paperwork is in and it will be 3-5 business days until closing. He said Cammy will be in touch next week. Fingers crossed.

I know once I have my points it will be well worth the stress but this whole process has been frustrating. Between finding a sale that wasn't snatched up in seconds, My seller dragging their feet for three weeks on signing the offer and no one telling me, then I finally sent my closing docs a week ago and have gotten zero response from my agent or title company. Fedex says the package was delivered but I would like an actual confirmation. The cashier's check was large and it makes me nervous. Has anyone else ever experienced this ( meaning virtually no information during the process and long waits with no explanations?) I'm a seriously laid back person but this seems to be getting to be too much!

I know once I have my points it will be well worth the stress but this whole process has been frustrating. Between finding a sale that wasn't snatched up in seconds, My seller dragging their feet for three weeks on signing the offer and no one telling me, then I finally sent my closing docs a week ago and have gotten zero response from my agent or title company. Fedex says the package was delivered but I would like an actual confirmation. The cashier's check was large and it makes me nervous. Has anyone else ever experienced this ( meaning virtually no information during the process and long waits with no explanations?) I'm a seriously laid back person but this seems to be getting to be too much!

Generally, once it passes ROFR, it goes much smoother than what you have experienced. Hang in there, its worth it once its over. Our first contract, we got lots of information back. Our second contract, there was next to none until we got the closing docs emailed to us. That's how we knew it had passed ROFR! Sending the big check each time made me nervous as well, but all worked out.
Good Luck!

Soo it definitely looks like there are issues with certain title companies. Look at my post and see who I went through. They emailed me when milestones passed (rofr, estoppel, closing). They also emailed me when they received my docs.

Since there was a holiday, many people took vacations and your agent and title person maybe be out.

I would call your agent, and the title company. Check the occ comptroller to see if you closed and no one told you.

Thank you for the advice. I did call and email my agent and title company and have gotten zero response from either. I don't like the idea that I mail them a huge check and then it is radio silence. Hopefully I will hear something soon, if not by Monday I guess I will try to call both companies and ask for managers to see if I can get any info that way? I knew the process would be long but I did not think it would be stressful and give me a feeling like I am being scammed..

We are the same boat with First American Title, as we too received an email earlier in the week but email stated they were still waiting on the seller to return the signed documents but we think that was just a tactic to hold us over until next week when Cammy is back.

Last edited:
Interesting, there seems to be a number of us in the EXACT same boat with Cammy at FA. I complained to my agent at TTSS about the length of time from estoppel to closing and she said that FA was bombarded with over 100 estoppels at the same time.

My timeline so far:
Offer made and accepted: 5/16
Documents rec'd and returned: 5/17
Sent to ROFR: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 5/26
Estoppel rec'd: 6/7
Closing docs rec'd: 6/28
Both docs confirmed arrived by FA: 7/6
- 53 days and counting
Was told 3-5 days to close.
Had to pester FA for any info. Even my agent had to pester them to confirm receipt of my check.

Boardwalk 200 points

Offer made and accepted 6/3
Sent in to ROFR 6/5
Passed ROFR 6/16
Closing docs received by me 7/5 sent out 7/7
Sellers docs received 7/7
Processed by Title company???
Deed filed and points transferred????

Oh my! I feel like we are finally on that last leg of this journey! I love it that the sellers were so prompt, big kudos to them for being on point!!! My documents won't be registered there until Monday but hopefully that won't hold things up much. How long does it take for the title company usually to send it to Disney from this point?

I did what you guys recomended and checked the comptroller site. I have not closed but the property I am buying is currently on lien as of June due to unpaid fees. Should I be worried or is that a normal part of the buying process because now I am panicked. I have already signed all my paperwork and sent my check to the title company.....Anyone else have an experience like this?

I did what you guys recomended and checked the comptroller site. I have not closed but the property I am buying is currently on lien as of June due to unpaid fees. Should I be worried or is that a normal part of the buying process because now I am panicked. I have already signed all my paperwork and sent my check to the title company.....Anyone else have an experience like this?
Arggg! Haven't been there but we're waiting too. Sorry. I can't speak from experience but as long as everybody signs their paperwork, I'd think the lien would be satisfied from closing proceeds and the seller would just net less from the sale. I guess it might slow down deed recording slightly as the lien has to be satisfied first, but I suppose this might happen with some regularity? Hang in there.

Arggg! Haven't been there but we're waiting too. Sorry. I can't speak from experience but as long as everybody signs their paperwork, I'd think the lien would be satisfied from closing proceeds and the seller would just net less from the sale. I guess it might slow down deed recording slightly as the lien has to be satisfied first, but I suppose this might happen with some regularity? Hang in there.

I agree! Don't panic. Should have shown in the estoppel and perhaps they are just going to properly settle it at closing. Are you going through a well-known DVC resales company?

Yes, I am using the company that Disney recommends or is their "official" resaler. Maybe I am just being extra nervous but I just feel like this whole process has been a lot more shady and drawn out then I expected.

Yes, I am using the company that Disney recommends or is their "official" resaler. Maybe I am just being extra nervous but I just feel like this whole process has been a lot more shady and drawn out then I expected.

That used to be Fidelityresales.com, but isn't it now dvcresalemarket.com? If it's one of those 2 companies, it is likely the seller that is holding things up. There isn't much that can be done about that, except for making a closing deadline in the contract and backing out if it's not met.

Finally! It's a good feeling...

Offer made and accepted 5-1
Sent for ROFR 5-2
Passed ROFR 5-18
Passed Estoppel 6-15
Closing docs received 6-18
Closing docs sent back 6-19
Closed 6-22
Recorded 6-23
Called and received member number 7-7 (initial call on 7-3)
Points loaded 7-8

Home: HHI 200pts
Offer made & accepted: 5/5
Sent to ROFR: 5/8
Passed ROFR: 5/19
Closing docs received:6/12
Sent them back: 6/13
Closed and Deed recorded 6/22
Points added to account:7/7

Logged into our DVC account and the new contract and points were there! Yay! All done with the purchase of our second contract.

Just my $0.02...going through this process has been very long. The seller took a while to send back docs but then they were delivered last Monday to title company. Little update on the progress, so I asked. Was told that the docs only got there Friday. Problem is FedEx has them showing as delivered Monday AM...Sure, there was a holiday on Tuesday, so maybe even a day lag is ok, but a week? Frustrating.

We were told we would be fine to book by mid-July but yeah, not looking good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter