Closing Time!!

We closed!!

Our timeline:
Offer made and counteroffer accepted: 3/13
Agreements signed and returned by both buyer and seller 3/13
Sent to ROFR 3/14
Passed 3/23
Closing docs received, signed and balance paid by buyer 4/13, logged by title co 4/14
Seller's closing docs returned 4/14, logged by title co 4/17
Transaction closed 4/19 or 4/20 (got email at 9am)

WOOHOO!

Told that it will take Disney 7-14 business days to complete change of ownership and to expect new letter in 30 days.

We closed!!

Our timeline:
Offer made and counteroffer accepted: 3/13
Agreements signed and returned by both buyer and seller 3/13
Sent to ROFR 3/14
Passed 3/23
Closing docs received, signed and balance paid by buyer 4/13, logged by title co 4/14
Seller's closing docs returned 4/14, logged by title co 4/17
Transaction closed 4/19 or 4/20 (got email at 9am)

WOOHOO!

Told that it will take Disney 7-14 business days to complete change of ownership and to expect new letter in 30 days.

Congratulations!

My email asked us to give Disney 14-21 days to process. I like your email better. :)

Congratulations!

My email asked us to give Disney 14-21 days to process. I like your email better. :)
Ha! Well so far my broker and title co have given accurate estimates, so I am hoping that my email is good for both of us. :)

FINALLY FINISHED!!

Sent for ROFR 02/22
Passed 03/06
Estoppel process completed/Closing docs received 03/28
Closed 04/06
Closing docs sent to Disney 04/07
Member ID, point loaded and holiday booked on 04/19!

I had called Disney on 04/13 (I know, too early! But I figured there was no harm) Spoke to a very brusk CM who told me it would be weeks and weeks, they were backed up in contract transfers by weeks already and I would be bottom of their priority list, and to maybe try back in 2 or more weeks, etc etc.

Nevertheless I called Disney again on 04/19 (because I'm incorrigible) - and what do you know, it's all available - member number, Club ID, 1st time login code, points already loaded. Given the Easter long weekend, it already had to be pretty close to the top of their pile on my last call, which was only 2 business days earlier, when she told me to try back in not less than 2 weeks. And in total, it was only 6 business days from closing docs sent to Disney to holiday booked. I had a delightful call with a very helpful CM who welcomed me home and gave me her extension for future reference.

(Have posted in come on estoppel too)

FINALLY FINISHED!!

Sent for ROFR 02/22
Passed 03/06
Estoppel process completed/Closing docs received 03/28
Closed 04/06
Closing docs sent to Disney 04/07
Member ID, point loaded and holiday booked on 04/19!

I had called Disney on 04/13 (I know, too early! But I figured there was no harm) Spoke to a very brusk CM who told me it would be weeks and weeks, they were backed up in contract transfers by weeks already and I would be bottom of their priority list, and to maybe try back in 2 or more weeks, etc etc.

Nevertheless I called Disney again on 04/19 (because I'm incorrigible) - and what do you know, it's all available - member number, Club ID, 1st time login code, points already loaded. Given the Easter long weekend, it already had to be pretty close to the top of their pile on my last call, which was only 2 business days earlier, when she told me to try back in not less than 2 weeks. And in total, it was only 6 business days from closing docs sent to Disney to holiday booked. I had a delightful call with a very helpful CM who welcomed me home and gave me her extension for future reference.

(Have posted in come on estoppel too)

Congratulations! 5th business day for me. So hard not to just give it a whirl. :)

Anyone who has successfully called and gotten their member number, what information do I need to provide them with? Looking at our docs and seeing lots of different numbers!

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations! 5th business day for me. So hard not to just give it a whirl. :)
Are you going to try calling today? 5th business day for us today too and debating on it! Really desperate to book our vacation for September and a week ago it was already slim pickings!

Are you going to try calling today? 5th business day for us today too and debating on it! Really desperate to book our vacation for September and a week ago it was already slim pickings!

No. Someone who is 2 days ahead of me (4/12) just called and was told it should be ready next week (4/26). I think I'll wait until at least next Weds (if I can). ;)

Deed recorded today!
Contract sent for ROFR March 7
Passed ROFR March 16
Received closing Docs April 11
Contract closed April 19
Deed recorded April 21
Broker says 14-21 days for Disney to complete the process

Anyone who has successfully called and gotten their member number, what information do I need to provide them with? Looking at our docs and seeing lots of different numbers!

Thanks in advance!
When I called the lady in administration asked for the contract number - it'll be on your closing documents. She was able to verify that DVC got the doc.s on 4/11 and told me it would be entered into the system next Tues. (4/26.)
They actually added the new contract & points today to our existing membership pixiedust:
So closed 4/10, recorded & to DVC 4/11, points in my account 4/21.
I'd checked at 3 pm my time (6 pm east coast time) & nothing there. Just happened to look tonight & viola!
So I grabbed my Dec. stay at VGF, yay.

We just sent back signed contracts and money yesterday. Docs say closing on or before 5/19. That seems like a long way off. Is that typical? And it just usually closes sooner?

Timeline so far:
Offer accepted 3/21
Sent to ROFR 3/23
Passed 4/6
Received docs 4/20
Returned docs 4/21
Closing "on or before" 5/19

When I called the lady in administration asked for the contract number - it'll be on your closing documents. She was able to verify that DVC got the doc.s on 4/11 and told me it would be entered into the system next Tues. (4/26.)
They actually added the new contract & points today to our existing membership pixiedust:
So closed 4/10, recorded & to DVC 4/11, points in my account 4/21.
I'd checked at 3 pm my time (6 pm east coast time) & nothing there. Just happened to look tonight & viola!
So I grabbed my Dec. stay at VGF, yay.
I also called to verify Disney received my closing docs and too make sure things got appropriately added to my existing contract. They had received them while we were on the phone, roughly 3 hours after deed was recorded!

We just sent back signed contracts and money yesterday. Docs say closing on or before 5/19. That seems like a long way off. Is that typical? And it just usually closes sooner?

Timeline so far:
Offer accepted 3/21
Sent to ROFR 3/23
Passed 4/6
Received docs 4/20
Returned docs 4/21
Closing "on or before" 5/19
The 5/19 date is a must close by date, in your case it shouldn't take that long and should happen w/in a few days of the title company receiving your sellers notarized documents.
After that the deed will record on the Orange County Comptroller Site and then you wait for DVC to get you set up in their system.

I just wanted to add a little tip for those that don't want to tie up money with the title company. I had a previous experience where it took the seller over 2 months to return his closing docs. No good reason given. I would've thought that the buyer is usually the one who holds it up because he/she is the one having to come up with money, but that was not the case with our first contract. We had a large cashier's check sent to the title company for the purchase, and the money just sat there...for 2 months. I was beyond frustrated when this happened. We are in the process of buying an add-on to that contract. We got the closing docs earlier this week, and I sent our signed closing documents to the title company, but I let her know that I would not send the money until the sellers' signed docs came in. She said that happens quite a bit, and she would let me know. Yet again, this is a seller who isn't rushing to turn in his docs. Granted, they have to get theirs notarized, and I do not, so it is easier as the buyer. Regardless, there is a lot less anxiety as the buyer when you are still holding onto your money. This will hold up the process a few days once all the docs are sent in for me to send the money, but what's a few days when you're talking these large amounts of money? I will always hold onto the money from here on out until the sellers have returned their documents. I wanted to share this in case anyone else would like to do the same because it can be pretty darn frustrating when you have sent a large amount of money which is just sitting at a title company.

I just wanted to add a little tip for those that don't want to tie up money with the title company. I had a previous experience where it took the seller over 2 months to return his closing docs. No good reason given. I would've thought that the buyer is usually the one who holds it up because he/she is the one having to come up with money, but that was not the case with our first contract. We had a large cashier's check sent to the title company for the purchase, and the money just sat there...for 2 months. I was beyond frustrated when this happened. We are in the process of buying an add-on to that contract. We got the closing docs earlier this week, and I sent our signed closing documents to the title company, but I let her know that I would not send the money until the sellers' signed docs came in. She said that happens quite a bit, and she would let me know. Yet again, this is a seller who isn't rushing to turn in his docs. Granted, they have to get theirs notarized, and I do not, so it is easier as the buyer. Regardless, there is a lot less anxiety as the buyer when you are still holding onto your money. This will hold up the process a few days once all the docs are sent in for me to send the money, but what's a few days when you're talking these large amounts of money? I will always hold onto the money from here on out until the sellers have returned their documents. I wanted to share this in case anyone else would like to do the same because it can be pretty darn frustrating when you have sent a large amount of money which is just sitting at a title company.

Thank you! I had recently posted another thread about this and no one thoughtI should wait to wire the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter