Closing Time!!

Thank you! I had recently posted another thread about this and no one thoughtI should wait to wire the money.

It's really up to you. We were so angry with the last sellers that I promised I'd never send the money until the sellers sent their docs in again. We almost cancelled the contract when it didn't look like it would close on time. There's nothing wrong with holding onto your own money IMO.

I couldn't resist any longer! Our deed was recorded on 4/14 and i just tried calling today. Spoke with CM Irwin and she put me on a few brief holds to try to connect with Member Admin. She asked if i bought direct or resale, but tone and attitude was still helpful once i said resale. She asked for my contract # and the sellers names and they said they had everything but it was still in processing. They asked me to check back on Friday afternoon. BUMMER! Glad i called but the next few day wait may kill me....:sad:

Here's my timeline so far.

Offer submitted/accepted 3/4
Submitted for ROFR 3/5
Passed ROFR 3/15
Received and returned closing docs 4/6
Notified today (4/11) that transaction has closed.
Now just waiting on Disney according to email received today.

Getting very excited now and happy with the timeline thus far.

Just to finish this out, our deed recorded 04/12 and today I was given my membership number and activation by calling in. So from offer date to points loaded we were 3/4-4/25.

Just to finish this out, our deed recorded 04/12 and today I was given my membership number and activation by calling in. So from offer date to points loaded we were 3/4-4/25.
That's great! We passed ROFR the day after you and deed just closed April 21!

I couldn't resist any longer! Our deed was recorded on 4/14 and i just tried calling today. Spoke with CM Irwin and she put me on a few brief holds to try to connect with Member Admin. She asked if i bought direct or resale, but tone and attitude was still helpful once i said resale. She asked for my contract # and the sellers names and they said they had everything but it was still in processing. They asked me to check back on Friday afternoon. BUMMER! Glad i called but the next few day wait may kill me....:sad:

My deed recorded 4/14 as well and I was able to speak with a nice CM, Brenda in MA (option 3, I think) and she gave me my Membership #. However, the transfer information had not propagated through the system enough to produce my activation code yet (as of 11:00 am). I'll try again this afternoon or tomorrow. They did say it could take 24 hours for this part and 72 hours for points to load.

I finished up just now. You should be good to go!

We received closing docs 4/20, sent back the following day and they were received 4/24. Still nothing from the seller. I wish they would hurry up!!

We received closing docs 4/20, sent back the following day and they were received 4/24. Still nothing from the seller. I wish they would hurry up!!
We're in the same boat...received closing docs on 4/13, sent them back on 4/14, and they were received by the title company on 4/17. We were informed by the title company earlier this week that they are still waiting on the sellers' documents. I'm really hoping that we'll close very soon. It's like I can see the finish line, but just can't quite get there...

For Aulani: We passed rofr on 3/30. According to timeshare title inc they received estoppel on 4/11/17. I received closing documents on 4/21/17, had notarized and sent back with funds same day. Sellers documents received by title company on 4/25/17. Title recorded on Hawaii website on 4/25/17. I'll wait a couple weeks for points to load. Not in any hurry to make a reservation. Wasn't really in need of an Aulani contract but it was small, subsidized and they took my offer for $80 pp.

5/9/17 Update: called ms today to get new member id, club id and activation code and added new contract online. Points available to book. Final timeline from offer to points available in account 3/15/17-5/9/17 (55 days) Probably could have called a few days ago but wasn't in a rush.

Last edited:

Same here, I turned mine around the same day thinking perhaps the seller would be motivated to get their money. Guess not!

Timeline for us:

Initial offer and negotiations: 3/28
Signed contract sent to Disney for ROFR: 3/29
ROFR waived: 4/11
Closing Docs Sent to me: 4/19
Returned my closing docs but withheld $$$ until sellers docs received: 4/20
Sellers docs received: 4/24
Money sent overnight: 4/24
Money received by title company and sent to county for recording: 4/25
Points loaded into my account: Projection is 5/11 (ish)

All-in-all it should take 6-7 weeks from start to finish. Not too bad considering the first time I bought it took almost 4 months! Everyone is free to do what he/she thinks is comfortable with, but again, I refuse to send money again until the sellers' docs are received. It held up the process all of 1 day which I am willing to do in order to hang onto my money as long as possible. ;) We all think the sellers want to close ASAP and get their money, but as some of you are seeing, and I saw as well with my first purchase last year, that isn't always the case. :(

Last edited:
Timeline so far for our 160 pt AKV contract, it was kind of a weird situation!

Offer Made: 3/22
Offer Accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR: 3/30
*no notice of passing ROFR*
Closing Docs Received: 4/19

I'll update with more info as the process goes on

To add to the above, we sent back closing docs and money on 4/20.

I just wanted to add a little tip for those that don't want to tie up money with the title company. I had a previous experience where it took the seller over 2 months to return his closing docs. No good reason given. I would've thought that the buyer is usually the one who holds it up because he/she is the one having to come up with money, but that was not the case with our first contract. We had a large cashier's check sent to the title company for the purchase, and the money just sat there...for 2 months. I was beyond frustrated when this happened. We are in the process of buying an add-on to that contract. We got the closing docs earlier this week, and I sent our signed closing documents to the title company, but I let her know that I would not send the money until the sellers' signed docs came in. She said that happens quite a bit, and she would let me know. Yet again, this is a seller who isn't rushing to turn in his docs. Granted, they have to get theirs notarized, and I do not, so it is easier as the buyer. Regardless, there is a lot less anxiety as the buyer when you are still holding onto your money. This will hold up the process a few days once all the docs are sent in for me to send the money, but what's a few days when you're talking these large amounts of money? I will always hold onto the money from here on out until the sellers have returned their documents. I wanted to share this in case anyone else would like to do the same because it can be pretty darn frustrating when you have sent a large amount of money which is just sitting at a title company.

I REALLLLY wish I had seen this before sending back a cashier's check through overnight, certified mail :/ We finally called on Friday (the 28th) and were told, for the first time, that we're dealing with international sellers and it will take some time... We're at just over 4 weeks from it being sent to ROFR, a little over 5 weeks from it having an offer accepted.

I REALLLLY wish I had seen this before sending back a cashier's check through overnight, certified mail :/ We finally called on Friday (the 28th) and were told, for the first time, that we're dealing with international sellers and it will take some time... We're at just over 4 weeks from it being sent to ROFR, a little over 5 weeks from it having an offer accepted.

Ugh. I'm so sorry. That really stinks. Our first sellers lived in NY, so they were just terrible. I hope this moves quickly for you from here on out!

Different brokers seem to handle things very differently. Timeshare Store even noted in the listing that it was international sellers on our recent purchase, so we knew that when we offered. There were 3 differences for us.
1) We needed to supply our social security numbers as documents relating to the sale are filed w/ the IRS as the sellers could owe U.S. tax on any profit they make from the sale & international sellers usually don't have a social security or tax ID no.. Note we paid cash, I think buyers getting a mortgage have to supply soc. sec. no.s for their mortgage.
2) Notaries are harder to find outside of the U.S.A.
3) International mail takes longer than domestic mail.
In our case we had to wait 4 or 5 days longer for international mail v. if it had been domestic mail, but everything else was pretty fast.

Different brokers seem to handle things very differently. Timeshare Store even noted in the listing that it was international sellers on our recent purchase, so we knew that when we offered. There were 3 differences for us.
1) We needed to supply our social security numbers as documents relating to the sale are filed w/ the IRS as the sellers could owe U.S. tax on any profit they make from the sale & international sellers usually don't have a social security or tax ID no.. Note we paid cash, I think buyers getting a mortgage have to supply soc. sec. no.s for their mortgage.
2) Notaries are harder to find outside of the U.S.A.
3) International mail takes longer than domestic mail.
In our case we had to wait 4 or 5 days longer for international mail v. if it had been domestic mail, but everything else was pretty fast.

This is good to know, thanks! This is our first contract so we didn't know what to expect, what was normal, etc. We paid cash and so I was surprised we had to provide our SSN but I didn't realize it had to do with the international seller part. It was really weird to me because the address of the seller listed on the closing docs was a Michigan address so I'm not really sure what's up with that... guess we'll see how long this takes! It took a week after the offer was accepted to get it sent to ROFR and it's been 11 days since closing docs were ready so hopefully any day now

I resemble that remark! :tongue:

They weren't terrible because they lived there. They were terrible because they didn't send in docs and had no reason except they couldn't be bothered. Trust me, I asked! My best friend lives in Brooklyn, and she's the best!

They weren't terrible because they lived there. They were terrible because they didn't send in docs and had no reason except they couldn't be bothered. Trust me, I asked! My best friend lives in Brooklyn, and she's the best!

It's just funny because of the way it was written!

I haven't posted over here since passing ROFR, but here's the timeline so far, starting to take awhile for closing docs:

Offer made/Accepted: 3/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/24
Passed ROFR: 4/12

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter