(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all my excitement. KOOK, I forgot to compliment you on the gorgeous pictures. You are doing such a fantastic job. Thanks!:ccat: The cat is from HRH :goodvibes

wow!! thanks for all your hard work! so much useful info! we will be at the wl nov 4th thru 11th for our 3rd stay and i don't know how i am going to make it until then! it has been several years since we have stayed there but we always pay a visit when staying at other resorts for dinner at artist pt. thanks again--i love all the details!!:)

wow!! thanks for all your hard work! so much useful info! we will be at the wl nov 4th thru 11th for our 3rd stay and i don't know how i am going to make it until then! it has been several years since we have stayed there but we always pay a visit when staying at other resorts for dinner at artist pt. thanks again--i love all the details!!:)

We will be there too! We can get through it together :goodvibes This is my first stay at WL.

We will be there too! We can get through it together :goodvibes This is my first stay at WL.

you must be checking in the day after us--how cool!! i see that you will be at the gf next week too and then an adults only trip in november--lucky lucky you!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

WOW lots of people checkin' in on Nov. 4th..

Is it a holiday?
Should I be worried that it will be packed?

A couple of things...

1) I sadly realized that we checked out 1 week ago... that bummed me out. The ticker in sig is wrong, it says we are going a year from now. It will probably be 2 years... I'm sad

2) While at the WL a couple of weeks ago (not sure what date) we had come back from MK on the boat during the fireworks (very cool, the captain even stopped the boat to let us watch). My DS and I were walking by the pool and we noticed people coming down the stairs from the roof where the flags are raised each morning. I asked cocierge about it the next day and she told me that they use that someties for very important occasions - a proposal, vets returning from Afghanistan/Iraq, etc. I thought that was very cool. Must be a great view of the fireworks, but I would be scared.

Now to figure out how to edit my ticker...

The Under Construction sign has been removed from the first page so let the fun begin:drinking1 (Yes, that's me celebrating;))

In all my excitement. KOOK, I forgot to compliment you on the gorgeous pictures. You are doing such a fantastic job. Thanks!:ccat: The cat is from HRH :goodvibes
Thanks so much, pas130 and I especially love the cat:goodvibes.

I am so happy and excited for you booking CL today:hyper:. In fact, I can't believe it. PLEASE don't change it though! You AND DH will LOVE it.

You're very welcome. I'm so glad you found some of the information useful. Until your trip, just keep stopping by here and we'll help get you through your countdown to November 4th:thumbsup2

Great Pictures!!!:)
:banana::banana::banana:Finally doing the single digit dance!!! 9 days!!:banana::banana::banana:

Thank you, marymac123! WOW! Only 9 days (really just 8 now;)). I hope you're packing!

A couple of things...

1) I sadly realized that we checked out 1 week ago... that bummed me out. The ticker in sig is wrong, it says we are going a year from now. It will probably be 2 years... I'm sad

2) While at the WL a couple of weeks ago (not sure what date) we had come back from MK on the boat during the fireworks (very cool, the captain even stopped the boat to let us watch). My DS and I were walking by the pool and we noticed people coming down the stairs from the roof where the flags are raised each morning. I asked cocierge about it the next day and she told me that they use that someties for very important occasions - a proposal, vets returning from Afghanistan/Iraq, etc. I thought that was very cool. Must be a great view of the fireworks, but I would be scared.

Now to figure out how to edit my ticker...

So sorry about your ticker mishap:headache:. Two years will be hard, but will give you lots of planning time and you still have all your photos to sort through from the trip you just took, right? I always like looking back at the photos until my next trip.

I mention the rooftop viewing on the first page. We were scheduled for it on our last trip, but there was a thunderstorm so it was canceled. Ask the next time you check-in if they have availability during your stay. But, if you think you'd be scared, perhaps a view from an enclosed location might be better like from CA Grill at the CR or from the beach at the Poly or maybe a Fireworks Cruise:confused3

Here is the Bounceback offer we had:
I just started pin trading on the last night of our last trip. DD spotted an Orange Bird pin in the pin trading book at the kiosk in the lobby and while I was standing there, a woman walked-up with another Orange Bird pin and traded it with me. So between the one I purchased at the Fantasyland kiosk and the two I got our last night at the WL, I now have 3 of the 4 Orange Bird pins:thumbsup2. I even bought a Mickey lanyard that night:goodvibes

My favorite Orange Bird pin is the bottom one because he looks like such a frustrated resort changer:laughing:

KOOK - I love all your orange bird pins. I wanted to start collecting pins on my last visit in 2009, I was looking through the rack of pins and my DH made a comment about me spending more money, so I did not buy any. I just decided I am going to buy myself a lanyard and some pins, maybe from the disney store even before my trip who knows :rotfl:

Gonna blame it all on you KOOK :rotfl2:

Congrates on finishing the thread it lookds GREATTTTTTTTTTTT :thumbsup2

pas - You are going to love the lodge.....congrates on booking your first stay

Thank you so much for putting this together WDWKOOK. We just returned from 10 days at WL last night. It was our first stay there and we really loved it. I have a bunch of pictures that I took around the resort but it will take me some time to go through them. I posted this on the resort picture thread but thought I would post it here as well. It pays to get up early some days.

Wilderness-Lodge-Aug-13-33-of-L.jpg

The Under Construction sign has been removed from the first page so let the fun begin:drinking1 (Yes, that's me celebrating;))

I mention the rooftop viewing on the first page. We were scheduled for it on our last trip, but there was a thunderstorm so it was canceled. Ask the next time you check-in if they have availability during your stay. But, if you think you'd be scared, perhaps a view from an enclosed location might be better like from CA Grill at the CR or from the beach at the Poly or maybe a Fireworks Cruise:confused3

Sorry, missed that part since I first went through this the other day.

That must be cool to view it from there.
We did get to watch Wishes from the boat from MK one night. The captain stopped the boat for a few minutes. Neat vantage point.

Thanks for all of the info!!! :wizard:

Thank you so much for putting this together WDWKOOK. We just returned from 10 days at WL last night. It was our first stay there and we really loved it. I have a bunch of pictures that I took around the resort but it will take me some time to go through them. I posted this on the resort picture thread but thought I would post it here as well. It pays to get up early some days.

Wilderness-Lodge-Aug-13-33-of-L.jpg

Awesome!!! Thanks for posting this one! Welcome back!

WOW!! Awesome job, well done.

I book VWL through Davids and after seeing on your photo's (maps) just how far away the Villa's are, I'm a bit nervous.

My husband thinks we're staying at POP, when I booked that he said how he'd love to stay at WL, but knew how expensive it is. I figured since we were going for a quick trip I'd see if I could find a good discount. There weren't any pins connected to our name. I found Davids, it's looked hassle free and booked it.

I'm really looking forward to our trip.

Super Job!! Wonderful framed pics. Love the excitement driving up to the lodge--great idea! Nice touch outlining the views for everyone! :worship::worship::worship: The menus, the food, oh my:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Our excitement builds!! Thanks for the awesome job--just WOW:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Found my way back home WHOOP!
Well, it's about time, Anna114 - where have you been? :welcome: back home.

KOOK - I love all your orange bird pins. I wanted to start collecting pins on my last visit in 2009, I was looking through the rack of pins and my DH made a comment about me spending more money, so I did not buy any. I just decided I am going to buy myself a lanyard and some pins, maybe from the disney store even before my trip who knows :rotfl:

Gonna blame it all on you KOOK :rotfl2:

Congrates on finishing the thread it lookds GREATTTTTTTTTTTT :thumbsup2
Thank you so much, Sheila and blame away. For all your DH knows, I'm just a figment of your imagination. (Oh no, now the Figment Imagination song is going through my head:scared1:).

I guess the pin trading obsession starts innocently with just one pin. Before the Orange Bird, I only bought resort pins, for which there aren't many and I never traded. There's only one more Orange Bird pin so what should I move onto next visit? I thought pin trading/lanyard wearing/pin book perusing was fun, and so did DD12. I liked being a pin geek:snooty:, even if it was just for an hour...

Oh, I love it and keep 'em coming. I saw it on the WL Photo thread and hoped you had more to share. Thanks for posting here:goodvibes. Now, don't you need to do laundry now since you just got back?

Sorry, missed that part since I first went through this the other day.

That must be cool to view it from there.
We did get to watch Wishes from the boat from MK one night. The captain stopped the boat for a few minutes. Neat vantage point.

Thanks for all of the info!!! :wizard:

You're welcome, HubbDave - glad to have you aboard.

The boat is a great vantage point. We once sat behind and once in front of the EWP which was also neat.

I'm done with the thread, so except for trying to figure out where I can squeeze in more photos/maps, the content is all up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter