(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We loved this room, it was #5168 and the end of one of the wings. The sun was awesome over the lake.
IMG_6830.jpg

Yes I did ask for a high floor and also mentioned it was our 30th Anniversary, wouldnt it be nice if they upgraded us to the Honeymoon suite.... I know Im probably dreaming.....:idea:;)

Just realized I'm at eight days out!!!! :cool1:

Have a great time :dance3:.

Just made our Dec 2013 reservations, This is our 30th Anniversary trip.... first time to this thread, dont know how it all works yet...:cheer2:

Congrats on booking your trip :). The WL is gorgeous during the holidays and perfect for an anniversary trip :goodvibes.

We got our Welcome packet in the mail today. I am loving the luggage tags this year!

418331_530988105058_1673247426_n.jpg

Only 34 more days!

Love the luggage tags ::yes::. Have a great trip :cool1:.

I hope everyone feels comfortable talking about anything that's WDW-related. You can't have WL without WDW!

Hi, KOOK :wave:. I agree.....makes for a very friendly thread to be able to talk about anything WDW :thumbsup2. With that said, I was wondering if anyone knows why AKL CL is a little cheaper than WL CL? I think the standard view rooms are the same price, but the CL prices are different. I was pricing for a possible short trip in December with free dining and AKL CL is about $150 cheaper than WL CL :confused:. The only thing I can think of is location......since AKL is farther away from things and WL is close to MK. We love WL CL, but AKL CL is on the radar. We've stayed at AKL before, but never CL. Anybody have any thoughts/opinions between the two :confused3.

Have a great time :dance3:.

Congrats on booking your trip :). The WL is gorgeous during the holidays and perfect for an anniversary trip :goodvibes.

Love the luggage tags ::yes::. Have a great trip :cool1:.

Hi, KOOK :wave:. I agree.....makes for a very friendly thread to be able to talk about anything WDW :thumbsup2. With that said, I was wondering if anyone knows why AKL CL is a little cheaper than WL CL? I think the standard view rooms are the same price, but the CL prices are different. I was pricing for a possible short trip in December with free dining and AKL CL is about $150 cheaper than WL CL :confused:. The only thing I can think of is location......since AKL is farther away from things and WL is close to MK. We love WL CL, but AKL CL is on the radar. We've stayed at AKL before, but never CL. Anybody have any thoughts/opinions between the two :confused3.

I agree. I think it's simply due to location...

On-line check-in complete, now just trying to contain our excitement until we arrive "home" at the WL in just 5 days!:cheer2:

Just re-subscribing! Only 127 days until our trip!
It won't be long now!

I am slowly separating the clothes I know we will be taking from the rest so that when it is time to pack all I'll have to do is throw them in a suitcase. BTW I am totally jealous of your luggage. :laughing:
I like that packing method - it's better doing the packing in stages. The Mickey luggage really gets me in the packing mood.

:rotfl2:

Um, yes. :blush: I'm so embarrassed! This waiting for AP rates to come out for fall has clouded my brain!!!
You're too funny and don't be embarrassed - waiting for discounts is very stressful - you just want them released yesterday:hyper:

Go KOOK, go KOOK, go KOOK

We love KOOK :grouphug:

Did anyone warn Randy about me ;) That's so cool!!!!! I miss you Kook :sad1: but TheLodgeLady will be there....WL royalty in the flesh pixiedust:

I'll be the one running up and down the halls causing a ruckus :lmao: JK, I am a very silly 5'2" brunette with a 6'2" handsome bald guy...I imagine I will have HUGE smile on my face the whole time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel free to say hi

This IS my 1st stay at WL, and I bet not the last :) You are too sweet!

BTW I probably WILL be running up and down the halls, so you might want to warn Randy :rolleyes:

:grouphug: Dis family is the BESTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This time next week I will be at the airport!!!!!
:blush: You're too sweet.

HA! I know you'll be on your best behavior, but I should warn the night CMs that you're used to working 12-hour shifts in the middle of the night so you'll be pacing back and forth a lot until you collapse in a rocker at about 0700.

I love that DH is a foot taller than you and I hope that you both will have big smiles on your face:goodvibes. BTW, are you still booked at WL:confused:

WDWKOOK - LOVE your Disney luggage. Would never guess where you're going on vacation:scratchin
:rotfl:
That's right, total vacation anonymity!

WDWKOOK I need to know where you bought that red Disney luggage!!! I MUST HAVE IT!!!!
Well, I bought them all on Disney.com. The red luggage I bought years ago and the two others I bought last year. I've also seen the Mickey luggage at the Mercantile and some other WDW shops. You can get a much better deal online though since they're often marked down and there are often coupon codes you can use. I hope you get some soon. If you do, we want to see them!

I did my online check-in last night for something very different than the WL. You don't know how I wished I was checking in for our F&W trip.

CSR will be my first Mod experience at Disney, and I so hope that it goes well. We're starting a Monorail crawl at 5 on Saturday, so I'm hoping that we get done early enough on that I can make it to the WL for a stroll.

Thanks for the thread, Kook and the rest.
You're welcome and I know it's hard to stay somewhere else, even at WDW. But, CSR has lovely rooms and they're the only Moderate with a health club. I think they recently started offering a breakfast buffet at the PM or am I imagining that? Let us know how you liked your stay and enjoy WDW!

Me too!!!!! Great luggage!!!
Thanks, PrincessAlways. Whenever I go in the basement and see them just sitting there, lonely and empty, it puts a smile on my face thinking about our next trip.
We loved this room, it was #5168 and the end of one of the wings. The sun was awesome over the lake.
What a great photo and great view! It's too bad the CL floor wing doesn't extend down to the lake - I would love that view. Will you request that room again in the future?

Yes I did ask for a high floor and also mentioned it was our 30th Anniversary, wouldnt it be nice if they upgraded us to the Honeymoon suite.... I know Im probably dreaming.....:idea:
There are only 4 Honeymoon Suites on the club level floor so I don't know how often they're booked. Make sure to file a trip report with us when you get back!

I think you and MM1 are on the right track:thumbsup2. At WL you have multiple transportation options - boat, walk, bus. At AKL you have one means of escape, I mean, transportation option:rolleyes: - the bus. The boats cost money to operate so I presume that's why they charge a bit more than AKL/CL.

On-line check-in complete, now just trying to contain our excitement until we arrive "home" at the WL in just 5 days!
Don't contain your excitement - you might explode! That's a wonderful feeling to be so close to your trip - enjoy every minute of it:goodvibes

I think you and MM1 are on the right track:thumbsup2. At WL you have multiple transportation options - boat, walk, bus. At AKL you have one means of escape, I mean, transportation option:rolleyes: - the bus. The boats cost money to operate so I presume that's why they charge a bit more than AKL/CL.

Thanks, KOOK :goodvibes. The WL is in a great location and can't be beat for the price, IMO :thumbsup2.

We made board with moveable adr and park days. Will call in all our signature meals(every night ) then arrange other plans to fit. Finally make few adrs for breakfast and scattered lunches.

No kids makes for a relaxing trip. Even though our 21yr old DD will be with us.

Our 30th anni and dd college grad trip(wildlife bio degree). It will be epic at the WL......

And yes there will be some drinking around the World .

The new thread is posted here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45704468#post45704468

Disclaimer: As of right now, the thread is identical. As I make any changes or add photos after we return from vacation, I'll post an update. I hope everyone will come on over to the new thread and sit a spell. We have ROCKERS and COBBLER!

Thanks, KOOK :goodvibes. The WL is in a great location and can't be beat for the price, IMO :thumbsup2.
This is very true!

We made board with moveable adr and park days. Will call in all our signature meals(every night ) then arrange other plans to fit. Finally make few adrs for breakfast and scattered lunches.

No kids makes for a relaxing trip. Even though our 21yr old DD will be with us.

Our 30th anni and dd college grad trip(wildlife bio degree). It will be epic at the WL......

And yes there will be some drinking around the World .
How exciting! So much to celebrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter