• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so very spoiled this year!!!:lovestruc

Enjoy! And be sure to come back and tell us all about it! Safe travels!

I think we all have good timing :goodvibes. It's the week "before" Jersey Week, but it's usually not too bad. We have went for Halloween and stayed the 2 weeks, and I have no complaints about the crowds at all.
I will try my best. I REALLY don't want to. It seems very cozy, and DH has always liked the decor. I feel like my trip is set :cloud9:

The last 2 days I just kept looking, and looking at the WL. It "called me". Or maybe this thread is too AWESOME to resist ;)Minnie&Nana I don't know what view we will have-have to do more research on the different views. I DO know the view from the lounge though:love:

I know KOOK did such a wonderful job on this new thread that I am beyond excited about heading back there for this trip. I have to sit DH down and have him read it over, although he is already happier than a pig in _____ :laughing:

It is good to see him getting excited over the trip, yesterday he was reading about the TiKi Room re-opening and told me he wants to go there. I think in all our trips we only ever did that once, twice tops.

I know KOOK did such a wonderful job on this new thread that I am beyond excited about heading back there for this trip. I have to sit DH down and have him read it over, although he is already happier than a pig in _____ :laughing:

It is good to see him getting excited over the trip, yesterday he was reading about the TiKi Room re-opening and told me he wants to go there. I think in all our trips we only ever did that once, twice tops.

That's terrific Sheila. I know this trip will be bittersweet for both of you, so I am SO glad you are both getting excited :hug:

My DH has NEVER been so happy to go to Disney! He's even excited about the GF! I am really hoping that DH is changing over to a Disney lover, and I think WL will seal the deal ;)

I haven't done the Tiki room since I was 12 I think, but I can sing the song verbatim (thanks to a Disneyland record I wore out as a kid)

do they still offer the free photopass photography session at the Wilderness Lodge. I believe I read someplace that it was discontinued.

Hi Everyone! Longtime lurker; this is a great thread! I am very excited since we will be at the WL in 6 days, my third time there! It just gets better and better..... My DD and I had the best stay last October, and hope this one is the same. Last April, we went to Harry Potter and Universal, no Disney:sad1:, and my DH (not a huge Disney fan), said to me, "It's not Disney". I think the kids and I are winning him over! :woohoo:

Hi Everyone! Longtime lurker; this is a great thread! I am very excited since we will be at the WL in 6 days, my third time there! It just gets better and better..... My DD and I had the best stay last October, and hope this one is the same. Last April, we went to Harry Potter and Universal, no Disney:sad1:, and my DH (not a huge Disney fan), said to me, "It's not Disney". I think the kids and I are winning him over! :woohoo:

Have a great trip!!!! YAY for converting DH (even if he won't admit it):goodvibes

Love this thread!! Heading to WL in 3 days for my DD's suprise Sweet Sixteen trip. We're going CL this time and doing the Segway tour since she's finally able to. She knows nothing yet!! Can't wait to tell her Wednesday night that we're going Thursday morning. She'll find out about CL and the Segway tour when we get there. :goodvibes

Love this thread!! Heading to WL in 3 days for my DD's suprise Sweet Sixteen trip. We're going CL this time and doing the Segway tour since she's finally able to. She knows nothing yet!! Can't wait to tell her Wednesday night that we're going Thursday morning. She'll find out about CL and the Segway tour when we get there. :goodvibes

What a wonderful birthday surprise for her sweet 16! :bday:

SWEET! Lucky birthday girl! Enjoy!

Hey all,

Summer has been crazy, as you can see I'm posting on page 9. Thanks Kook for getting the new threat started. It really looks great!!!

Brian

Hellooooooooooooooooooo, Resort Temptress... and fellow RCers. :wave:

What a fabulous job on this thread, Kook. :worship: Excuse me while I daydream of a new resort... :hippie:

Cheers to a beautiful job well done!!! If a pin code or a BB was available NOW for March I'd already be booked for WL. ;)

As always - love your smilies!

I do hope you get a good deal for March. Since spring break is in April, I would think there would be a good deal coming before then:confused3.

You are so sweet, thank you. It makes me feel great to read that people are excited about their trips. Half the fun is the anticipation and planning.

Yes, the Tiki Room was supposed to have opened back up today:hyper:. It's one of those attractions that never has much of a wait and is cool and dark:cloud9:, like POTC:thumbsup2

do they still offer the free photopass photography session at the Wilderness Lodge. I believe I read someplace that it was discontinued.

I believe you can only schedule it in advance now:

From: http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/wilderness-lodge-photopass-sessions

Submitted by Kristen H on Tue, 07/26/2011 - 20:17

Did you know you can get a professional portrait session at Wilderness Lodge?

Here's how: Sign up for a one-on-one professional session with a PhotoPass photographer. There's no sitting fee required.

You can choose from print packages, or get all of your session images on a Professional Portrait CD (separate from Disney's PhotoPass PhotoCD).

Reservations are required and can be booked up to 30 days in advance. Call 407-934-4004 to book.

Even without a reservation, you can sometimes catch PhotoPass photographers in the lobby of Wilderness Lodge -- they'll snap a few photos of you and your family and scan your regular PhotoPass card.

Thank you and so glad you came out of lurkdom! I think DH will be happy to be returning to the WL so maybe you'll be booking a Bounceback:confused3. You better get to packing now!

Thank you, LBAK!

Your DD is going to be so happily surprised. How sweet of you. You will love club level. Randy, the manager (he always wears a suit) is so personable and loves chatting with all the guests. The CL CMs, especially Mike and Loyda, are terrific and also love chatting with the guests. Tell them the family who was just upgraded to the Presidential Suite says "hello" and we miss them all. Oh, and get to packin'!

Hey all,

Summer has been crazy, as you can see I'm posting on page 9. Thanks Kook for getting the new threat started. It really looks great!!!

Brian
Well, THERE you are. I was going to PM you today to let you know about the new thread. Good to have you aboard and I hope you'll find the time to answer some questions every now and then:thumbsup2. BTW, did you know about our colossal upgrade?

Hellooooooooooooooooooo, Resort Temptress... and fellow RCers. :wave:

What a fabulous job on this thread, Kook. :worship: Excuse me while I daydream of a new resort... :hippie:

:rotfl2:

Thank you much for your kind words, Missoutandabout. If you need to change resorts, you know where to go for that sort of mischief;). I think I should put that link in my signature, too:scratchin

We are staying at the WL for the first time next month. It really seems to be one of the best values among WDW resorts. Thanks for this fantastic thread, it definitely has us looking even more forward to our upcoming stay.

A couple of things...

1) I sadly realized that we checked out 1 week ago... that bummed me out. The ticker in sig is wrong, it says we are going a year from now. It will probably be 2 years... I'm sad

2) While at the WL a couple of weeks ago (not sure what date) we had come back from MK on the boat during the fireworks (very cool, the captain even stopped the boat to let us watch). My DS and I were walking by the pool and we noticed people coming down the stairs from the roof where the flags are raised each morning. I asked cocierge about it the next day and she told me that they use that someties for very important occasions - a proposal, vets returning from Afghanistan/Iraq, etc. I thought that was very cool. Must be a great view of the fireworks, but I would be scared.

Now to figure out how to edit my ticker...

We went up there on the 18th of July to watch the fireworks! The view was AWESOME ! Here are some pics of the fireworks...sorry they are not great.
AmandasDisney370.jpg
AmandasDisney373.jpg
AmandasDisney378.jpg

You really can see everything from up there!

WDWKOOK~I will be more then happy to take pictures of the JR. Suite for you...you can hold off until Aug 2012 though right? That's when we are going back....ignore my ticker it's to throw off my girls :rotfl2:

Hi- does anyone know if I can get diet caffeine soda CL? Since we were there last year I have had to cut out caffeine-makes me real "stressy" lately.:eek:

OK, just upgraded to Photobucket Pro - all is well again on this thread and beyond...

We are staying at the WL for the first time next month. It really seems to be one of the best values among WDW resorts. Thanks for this fantastic thread, it definitely has us looking even more forward to our upcoming stay.
I'm so glad you like the thread, sdzman. The WL is a good value in the Deluxe category, isn't it? It also has the least expensive CL;)

WDWKOOK~I will be more then happy to take pictures of the JR. Suite for you...you can hold off until Aug 2012 though right? That's when we are going back....ignore my ticker it's to throw off my girls :rotfl2:
2012? As in one year from now? I've never been one to be patient, but if you can wait, then I can wait:thumbsup2. Thanks! I look forward to seeing them:surfweb:

Hi- does anyone know if I can get diet caffeine soda CL? Since we were there last year I have had to cut out caffeine-makes me real "stressy" lately.:eek:
I have the same issue and while they do not stock a caffeine-free diet soda, just let the IPO know AND then ask one of the CL staff when you check-in if they can get it for you. It shouldn't be a problem, but you may have to remind them;)

I just started pin trading on the last night of our last trip. DD spotted an Orange Bird pin in the pin trading book at the kiosk in the lobby and while I was standing there, a woman walked-up with another Orange Bird pin and traded it with me. So between the one I purchased at the Fantasyland kiosk and the two I got our last night at the WL, I now have 3 of the 4 Orange Bird pins:thumbsup2. I even bought a Mickey lanyard that night:goodvibes

IMG_0005.jpg

My favorite Orange Bird pin is the bottom one because he looks like such a frustrated resort changer:laughing:

:lmao: I'll have to blame you for my new obsession; since my new Orange Bird Pin is on its way to me. Got the one on the lounge chair ... thought it would be most appropriate for The BC & Poly. :beach: I am completely clueless about Pin Trading. :confused: Methinks I'll just get a Halloween lanyard and let the kidlet don the goodies. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter