(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDWKOOK... you have done a wonderful job with all the info and photos you compiled of the Boardwalk. Our first stay at the villas will be in June and this thread is very thorough and informative.

:welcome: to everyone. It's great to have you here:grouphug:

I'd like to APOLOGIZE to Missyrose, mirage0306, sfbank and gojoe for the deletion by the Moderator of your posts. Unfortunately, your posts were stuck right dab in the middle of my posting the first page and they had to go. But, I sincerely hope that you will return and post again. I assure you that your posts will remain in place:flower3:

Woo-hoo! So excited for the new thread! Thank you so much, WDWKOOK!
We just got back from a Disney trip and spent 3 nights at the Boardwalk Inn on a split stay. (Just me and my DD9.) We loved, loved, loved it :lovestruc and will be following this thread dreaming about the next time we can stay!
We will definitely be back sometime!:cheer2:
Thank you for your kind words, minniebeth. How great that you got to have a mother/daughter trip to BWI. What was your other resort? Hope to see your BWI ticker soon:sail:

KOOK - The new thread is looking GREAT. Fantastic job your doing.
:wave: Sheila! Thanks so much and it's great having you here!

LOVE THIS. Great job, WDWKOOK!! :thumbsup2
You're so sweet - thanks, bowbat. Hope you'll stick around to answer questions!

Great thread WDWKOOK!!!! It's a good thing BWI has that awful clown slide or I'd have yet another resort to bounce around to! :laughing: I really hate clowns....
What clown slide? I don't see a clown slide on the first page:rolleyes1

Don't forget that there are two (non-clown) quiet pools;). Thank you for your kind comment and all those exclamation points!!!!!

Second page??? Thank goodness I found you before this fantastic new FAQs thread really go going!!

Off to a fabulous start - looking excellent, KOOK!:cheer2:

Very excited for a new and wonderful BWI ( & Villas) FAQs.:thumbsup2

Wish we had taken more photos during our stay, but looking forward to some nice one here.

:goodvibes :flower3:
So great to have you over here, Christine:hug:. You were here early, so you'll have to come back to check out what I hadn't posted yet in between checking-up on yours and Janet B's fabulous POP thread:thumbsup2

Great job, Kook. I think the BWI is a beautiful resort and I love the look of the new rooms. The only thing that's keeping me from booking there is no CS and that's a deal breaker for my DH and both DSs. I wish there was at least one Epcot resort that had a CS place like the other deluxe resorts as that's the only thing that keeps us from booking over there again. But I'm not giving up; maybe one of these days I'll be able to convince them to give it a try :goodvibes:.
So there isn't any venue listed in the DINING section that would work for you? I have all the menus hyperlinked so maybe you'll take another look. Don't be a stranger around these parts, mickeynut1!

I want to thank WDWKOOK for creating this new thread and so far it looks great.
Awww, thanks, BWI Fan 4 Life. You found us:thumbsup2. I sure had to type your screen name A LOT on the first page:laughing:. Thanks for all your photos!

Wonderful thread KOOK! :) Makes me want to stay at BWI/BWV! Maybe I can convince DBF. ;)
You're a sweetie, Hannah. Would DBF like the nightlife on the BoardWalk? You know that Disney's only brewery is on the BoardWalk;)

WDWKOOK... you have done a wonderful job with all the info and photos you compiled of the Boardwalk. Our first stay at the villas will be in June and this thread is very thorough and informative.

You're very welcome, Catira and I'm so pleased that you find the thread helpful in planning your first BWV stay in June. You'll find the most helpful part will be the wonderful DISers who will answer all your questions - this thread would be nothing without them - many thanks to all of you:goodvibes

Awww, thanks, BWI Fan 4 Life. You found us:thumbsup2. I sure had to type your screen name A LOT on the first page:laughing:. Thanks for all your photos!
You're welcome and I was happy to help.

Also not sure if you saw them yet but I just sent you two PM's. One was about my other BWI reviews which you forgot to add and the other was about pictures I took of food items from the ESPN Club for you to add.

KOOK, this new thread is amazing - great work! Thanks so much for creating this new home for us, and for giving BWI the updated, well-organized thread it deserves! :) Please let me know if you have any photo missions you would like for me to complete during my April visit - we're staying at YC this time, but I know we'll be over at BWI during our visit!

Those deluxe photos are great - they're convincing me to book deluxe instead of standard CL next year!

This is awesome!!! No worries whatsoever on the deletion--I personally was just so excited I couldn't hold back, lol.

You're a sweetie, Hannah. Would DBF like the nightlife on the BoardWalk? You know that Disney's only brewery is on the BoardWalk;)

I think he would! And I told DBF about it and he sounded surprised that they had one. Apparently he forgot that I told him they had one. :rolleyes: He was disappointed in the beer selection, but he would still go to try some beer. :) I think this is a great incentive to get him to stay at BWI. I should have told him that it was only for guests staying at the resorts on the Boardwalk when he asked if it was only for those guests. :rolleyes: Now to try and convince him some other way. :laughing:

Let's try this again. ;) The new thread looks beautiful Kook! I just signed the contract to make BWV my DVC home. :goodvibes Can't wait for my first trip "home."

Love the new site, fabulous :thumbsup2

Unfortunately this year I'm going to be staying over the 'other side' of the lake (due to the package I've booked through a travel agent), but I'll still be popping over and seeing my CM friends to say hello.

The photos are gorgeous, but making me very 'home' sick lol :goodvibes

What a fantastic thread and, oh, the pictures!

Is there information / pictures of ADA rooms at BWV? DD and I are staying there in April and have, through the DVC owner through whom we are renting points, requested an ADA room (DD uses a wheelchair / walker) for our studio.

I'm curious of the locations of ADA rooms on the BWV side relative to the elevators, the configuration of the rooms, etc. My plan is for DD to use the bed and myself the pull out sleeper couch.

Thank you,
Dan

This is making me so excited as I do my research!! I cannot wait!! Thanks for all of your info & great photos!! You are very talented!

I think he would! And I told DBF about it and he sounded surprised that they had one. Apparently he forgot that I told him they had one. :rolleyes: He was disappointed in the beer selection, but he would still go to try some beer. :) I think this is a great incentive to get him to stay at BWI. I should have told him that it was only for guests staying at the resorts on the Boardwalk when he asked if it was only for those guests. :rolleyes: Now to try and convince him some other way. :laughing:

Hannah - See men just do not listen I told him all about the Big River Brewing Works and Grille last year when we were booked at BC and he acted like it was all new news to him when we started going over menus this time. Work on DBF, dangle the beer and food above his head and I bet he will cave. :rotfl:

KOOK - I am loving the room reviews you posted :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter