(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodvibes Thank you for all the hard work on getting this going! Moving on over to this new thread and back to lurkdome. :lmao: BWI CL is our favorite by far. :thumbsup2

So there isn't any venue listed in the DINING section that would work for you? I have all the menus hyperlinked so maybe you'll take another look. Don't be a stranger around these parts, mickeynut1!

Hi Kook :wave2:......the issue for us is CS for breakfast. My guys have to have a good, hot breakfast with eggs, waffles, etc. without doing a TS every morning. We like TS and do a dinner every night, but only a couple for breakfast. Club level would work great for me as I'm not a big breakfast eater, but it wouldn't be enough for my DH and DSs :sad2:. They could handle it for a couple of mornings for something quick, but not for a week or more. We love Cape May and always do a breakfast (as well as a dinner every trip), but I don't think that would go over well to do every morning for a week :rolleyes1. I wish they didn't close Spoodles on the boardwalk as that would be another great option to throw in with Cape May ;). When we stayed at the BC, that was only our 2nd stay onsite and I wasn't aware of the CS situation at the Epcot resorts. Once we found Spoodles, we ended up eating there 3 or 4 mornings out of our trip as that was quicker than traveling to a park or another resort to eat. I haven't given up hope yet as I really want to stay at BWI, so maybe one of these days I'll be able to convince them to just give it a try :goodvibes.

Those deluxe photos are great - they're convincing me to book deluxe instead of standard CL next year!

Same here. We are a family of 4, so we don't need the larger room, but I keep looking at the deluxe pics and keep telling myself that it would be great to have all that room to spread out. Plus it would be nice to have the extra seating area while waiting for that last person to get ready :).

This may be a contender for October...;)

I'm keeping it open for options too as I just love the look of the new rooms :goodvibes.

Thanks for the new thread WDWKOOK! It looks great! We are starting to plan our trip for Oct. 2013, and DH is heavily pushing for BW. I can't say I disagree :) From what you have posted it looks wonderful!

WDWKOOK, thank you for a thorough and great looking thread fitting for such a classy resort. :goodvibes And thanks to all who helped provided valuable info, too. (CRFFL? :rolleyes1)

I'm subbed in so you know what this means... “I'll be back. We'll make out.” –David Puddy pirate:

Amazing work Kook. I feel honored to have my pics on the first page with all the great pics and info. Seriously Disney should hire you for their marketing department. :) Great job promoting the Boardwalk!! Ps - you need to add it to your sig!

Kook-Awesome!! I love how you used pics of the restaurants and posted menus. Just a neat way to consolidate everything. Good job:thumbsup2

Same here. We are a family of 4, so we don't need the larger room, but I keep looking at the deluxe pics and keep telling myself that it would be great to have all that room to spread out. Plus it would be nice to have the extra seating area while waiting for that last person to get ready :).

I'm keeping it open for options too as I just love the look of the new rooms :goodvibes.

I have fallen in love with the Dxl CL and seriously been considering booking it with BB offer, I can not justify needing the space as it is only DH and myself but I want that room :rotfl:

I have fallen in love with the Dxl CL and seriously been considering booking it with BB offer, I can not justify needing the space as it is only DH and myself but I want that room :rotfl:

I am the same way. Even though there's just 4 of us and a regular room is all we really need, I can't help but think about how nice all that extra space would be :laughing:. Of course now that we've experienced the resorts that have daybeds, it's hard for us to go back to the WL or AKL without daybeds....so this is headed in that direction and I'm afraid if I book it, that it might get me hooked on the deluxe rooms and make it hard for me to book anything else on future trips :rolleyes1.

Awesome job WDWKOOK:thumbsup2 I love all of the pictures and resort descriptions (with room numbers:banana:) from other BWI fans. Something like this is a lot of work to set up and you did a really nice job! I can't wait to spend my first trip here with the kids this March.

I truly understand. I am getting ready to book my room for the pin event in Sept. It will be just me as DH will be starting a new career. I really only need the studio, but I so love the 1 bedroom. I don't need a 1 bedroom for one person, but I am having a hard time deciding. I shouldn't waste the points on a 1 bedroom, but I have no children and the points were bought from met to enjoy. :confused3 Decisions, Decisions:scared1: Penny:hippie:

:welcome: to everyone. It's great to have you here:grouphug:

Thank you for your kind words, minniebeth. How great that you got to have a mother/daughter trip to BWI. What was your other resort? Hope to see your BWI ticker soon:sail:

We stayed 1 night at the Polynesian (our "home" resort):lovestruc
3 nights at BWI Water View:lovestruc:lovestruc
4 nights at the Contemporary Garden Wing

I must say it was very hard to move over to the CR (Garden Wing) after being at BWI:upsidedow, but we had a group rate for Marathon Weekend with the rest of our family, extended family and friends.

I would like to see a BWI ticker here too, but 2011 was our "Disney Year". We spent more time at Disney this past year than any other year ever. :yay:
We'll be back next January for Marathon Weekend for sure (hopefully sooner!) and hope to spend a few days there again, my (and DD's) new found favorite resort!:cloud9:

Thanks for all your hard work!:cheer2:

KOOK - The new thread is looking GREAT. Fantastic job your doing
Thank you so much. I'm glad you like it

LOVE THIS. Great job, WDWKOOK!!
Oh, it's great having you over here, bowbat!

Hi Kook! Everything looks great. You did good!

brunette
:wave:brunette8706 - thank you!

KOOK, this new thread is amazing - great work! Thanks so much for creating this new home for us, and for giving BWI the updated, well-organized thread it deserves! :) Please let me know if you have any photo missions you would like for me to complete during my April visit - we're staying at YC this time, but I know we'll be over at BWI during our visit!

Those deluxe photos are great - they're convincing me to book deluxe instead of standard CL next year!
pixarmom, YOUR photos helped make the thread so much better. Thank YOU!

I will be at WL in 75 days so I'll be going over to take more photos then. But thank you for your kind offer. :idea:Do our trips overlap?

I know just what you mean about the Deluxe room - so tempting! But, we prefer a quiet location and the fact that all the Deluxe rooms overlook the BW, worries me a bit. I need to get over that, don't I?

The thread looks great KOOK! This may be a contender for October...;)
What ISN'T a contender to a RC?! Seriously though, thank you, Dani for the compliment.

Looks amazing Kook! Thanks for the great info!!
Are you still at WL? If not, maybe you should consider BWI, like Dani:laughing:

This is awesome!!! No worries whatsoever on the deletion--I personally was just so excited I couldn't hold back, lol.
Phew, I'm glad you're not mad - I felt so bad about that. Thanks for the 'awesome' comment:)

WDWKOOK:
Here is something you could add to the Club Level section or the link section, which is a video from YouTube called Innkeeper's Club Concierge Lounge + Offerings Boardwalk Inn, which was posted on there via Allearsnet. So here is the link to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7wlqdTIpb4
Thanks for reminding me about that one - I've added it.

Let's try this again. ;) The new thread looks beautiful Kook! I just signed the contract to make BWV my DVC home. :goodvibes Can't wait for my first trip "home."
Yeah, you came back! How exciting that you have two new homes - this thread AND BWV - congratulations!

Love the new site, fabulous

Unfortunately this year I'm going to be staying over the 'other side' of the lake (due to the package I've booked through a travel agent), but I'll still be popping over and seeing my CM friends to say hello.

The photos are gorgeous, but making me very 'home' sick lol
Thank you for your photos, BTW! There is nothing wrong with the "other side," what's most important is that you'll be at WDW!

What a fantastic thread and, oh, the pictures!

Is there information / pictures of ADA rooms at BWV? DD and I are staying there in April and have, through the DVC owner through whom we are renting points, requested an ADA room (DD uses a wheelchair / walker) for our studio.

I'm curious of the locations of ADA rooms on the BWV side relative to the elevators, the configuration of the rooms, etc. My plan is for DD to use the bed and myself the pull out sleeper couch.

Thank you,
Dan
I don't personally have that info., but hopefully someone else will know about the ADA rooms. I don't know if it would be helpful, but there is DISabilities thread. Might they have ADA room info?

Thanks so much for your kind words, Dan.

This is making me so excited as I do my research!! I cannot wait!! Thanks for all of your info & great photos!! You are very talented!
:welcome: to the DIS BaylorBoyAggieGirl! I really appreciate your compliment.

KOOK - I am loving the room reviews you posted
Thank you so much for mentioning the room comments. People always ask about room location requests, and my hope was that posting the comments would be useful in making a room request - it's such invaluable information, I think.

:goodvibes Thank you for all the hard work on getting this going! Moving on over to this new thread and back to lurkdome. :lmao: BWI CL is our favorite by far. :thumbsup2
But, no! You can't be lurker! Your identity is now known so there's no going back - let's talk CL:hyper:

Hi Kook :wave2:......the issue for us is CS for breakfast. My guys have to have a good, hot breakfast with eggs, waffles, etc. without doing a TS every morning. We like TS and do a dinner every night, but only a couple for breakfast. Club level would work great for me as I'm not a big breakfast eater, but it wouldn't be enough for my DH and DSs :sad2:. They could handle it for a couple of mornings for something quick, but not for a week or more. We love Cape May and always do a breakfast (as well as a dinner every trip), but I don't think that would go over well to do every morning for a week :rolleyes1. I wish they didn't close Spoodles on the boardwalk as that would be another great option to throw in with Cape May ;). When we stayed at the BC, that was only our 2nd stay onsite and I wasn't aware of the CS situation at the Epcot resorts. Once we found Spoodles, we ended up eating there 3 or 4 mornings out of our trip as that was quicker than traveling to a park or another resort to eat. I haven't given up hope yet as I really want to stay at BWI, so maybe one of these days I'll be able to convince them to just give it a try.
I know just what you mean about breakfast. We rarely go out for breakfast at home, but on vacation, that's a different story. DD and DH LOVE a great breakfast on vacation. Club level breakfast works well for us, but about every other day, I have a late breakfast ADR. Have you considered Kouzzina? The first page has a link to their breakfast menu and boy, it sounds terrific!

Thanks for the new thread WDWKOOK! It looks great! We are starting to plan our trip for Oct. 2013, and DH is heavily pushing for BW. I can't say I disagree. From what you have posted it looks wonderful!
Well, thank you, pink5683! Looks like you might have to look into doing a split stay for your '13 trip? There's nothing wrong with that and then everybody is happy;)

WDWKOOK, thank you for a thorough and great looking thread fitting for such a classy resort. :goodvibes And thanks to all who helped provided valuable info, too. (CRFFL? :rolleyes1)

I'm subbed in so you know what this means... “I'll be back. We'll make out.” –David Puddy
I'll take "thorough" and "great looking":thumbsup2.

Speaking of SEINFELD:hyper:, I love how Puddy is always sitting right next to the phone, doing absolutely nothing whenever the phone rings. And, one of my favorite Puddy lines is when he's selling Jerry the Saab (after he took Elaine for the "roast beef") and he's computing the mis. charges and he adds the "additional overcharge" to Jerry's invoice. Love that. Gotta support the team...

Amazing work Kook. I feel honored to have my pics on the first page with all the great pics and info. Seriously Disney should hire you for their marketing department. :) Great job promoting the Boardwalk!! Ps - you need to add it to your sig!
And, I am honored to have your photos gracing the first page - I couldn't have done it without all of you!

I do have a hyperlink to the BWI thread (and my WL thread, too) in my signature, but it's possible it might not be showing up on a smaller screen:confused3. I'm such a shameless resort-promoter:upsidedow

:welcome: to everyone. It's great to have you here:grouphug:

I'd like to APOLOGIZE to Missyrose, mirage0306, sfbank and gojoe for the deletion by the Moderator of your posts. Unfortunately, your posts were stuck right dab in the middle of my posting the first page and they had to go. But, I sincerely hope that you will return and post again. I assure you that your posts will remain in place:flower3:

No Problem, you've done a great job. This site is just what I needed (Disney Magic) Thanks again for your hard work.

Kook-Awesome!! I love how you used pics of the restaurants and posted menus. Just a neat way to consolidate everything. Good job:thumbsup2
So glad you "came back" after having your post deleted:flower3:. I love a good menu when I'm looking to make an ADR no matter how many times I've eaten at WDW. What would we do without those AllEars and DIS menus?:worship:

It's not a space issue, it's an ambience issue and it has a calming effect;)

I am the same way. Even though there's just 4 of us and a regular room is all we really need, I can't help but think about how nice all that extra space would be :laughing:. Of course now that we've experienced the resorts that have daybeds, it's hard for us to go back to the WL or AKL without daybeds....so this is headed in that direction and I'm afraid if I book it, that it might get me hooked on the deluxe rooms and make it hard for me to book anything else on future trips :rolleyes1.
We're only 3, so it's even tougher to "justify," but it's the Deluxe room location that's keeping me from changing. If daybeds work for you, would a WL room with bunk beds also work for you guys?
Awesome job WDWKOOK:thumbsup2 I love all of the pictures and resort descriptions (with room numbers:banana:) from other BWI fans. Something like this is a lot of work to set up and you did a really nice job! I can't wait to spend my first trip here with the kids this March.
Thank you, DonaldDuckFamily, I'm so glad you find the thread useful. It was my pleasure to put it together for everyone.

Your trip is coming up soon. Do you have your ADRs made?

I truly understand. I am getting ready to book my room for the pin event in Sept. It will be just me as DH will be starting a new career. I really only need the studio, but I so love the 1 bedroom. I don't need a 1 bedroom for one person, but I am having a hard time deciding. I shouldn't waste the points on a 1 bedroom, but I have no children and the points were bought from met to enjoy. :confused3 Decisions, Decisions:scared1: Penny:hippie:
I think you should book the one bedroom and stop worrying about how many people will be in it. I see nothing wrong with wanting to be in comfortable surroundings on vacation. Is there even that much of a point spread between the studio and the one bedroom?

Book it and enjoy it, I say!

We stayed 1 night at the Polynesian (our "home" resort):lovestruc
3 nights at BWI Water View:lovestruc:lovestruc
4 nights at the Contemporary Garden Wing

I must say it was very hard to move over to the CR (Garden Wing) after being at BWI:upsidedow, but we had a group rate for Marathon Weekend with the rest of our family, extended family and friends.

I would like to see a BWI ticker here too, but 2011 was our "Disney Year". We spent more time at Disney this past year than any other year ever. :yay:
We'll be back next January for Marathon Weekend for sure (hopefully sooner!) and hope to spend a few days there again, my (and DD's) new found favorite resort!:cloud9:

Thanks for all your hard work!:cheer2:
I like your split stay scenario, but do you think you'll do the same split next year or a different one? Have you ever tried the CR's Tower? The views are spectacular.

No Problem, you've done a great job. This site is just what I needed (Disney Magic) Thanks again for you hard work.
Yeah! I think everyone who was kicked out is back:goodvibes. Great to have you back, gojoe!

I know just what you mean about breakfast. We rarely go out for breakfast at home, but on vacation, that's a different story. DD and DH LOVE a great breakfast on vacation. Club level breakfast works well for us, but about every other day, I have a late breakfast ADR. Have you considered Kouzzina? The first page has a link to their breakfast menu and boy, it sounds terrific!

Speaking of SEINFELD:hyper:, I love how Puddy is always sitting right next to the phone, doing absolutely nothing whenever the phone rings. And, one of my favorite Puddy lines is when he's selling Jerry the Saab (after he took Elaine for the "roast beef") and he's computing the mis. charges and he adds the "additional overcharge" to Jerry's invoice. Love that. Gotta support the team...

We don't usually go out for breakfast at home either, but on the weekends, breakfast is a big deal for my DH and DSs, so there's always alot of cooking going on over the weekends and days off ;). But vacation is different as they need to have their breakfast every morning. I haven't really looked into Kouzzina, so I will have to do some more research and look at the links. I want to call today and book our July trip (that is if I can decide between the 2 resorts I'm contemplating :sad2:), but I'm keeping BWI CL on the list for a possible December trip :goodvibes.

I have to comment on that Seinfeld episode.....when Puddy is adding up all the misc charges and mentions keys....Jerry says "keys?"....and Puddy says "how are you gonna start it??"....I just love that :rotfl:.

This is amazing! Thank you so much. Easy to read and navigate...so full of memories...thanks again. :cloud9:

We don't usually go out for breakfast at home either, but on the weekends, breakfast is a big deal for my DH and DSs, so there's always alot of cooking going on over the weekends and days off ;). But vacation is different as they need to have their breakfast every morning. I haven't really looked into Kouzzina, so I will have to do some more research and look at the links. I want to call today and book our July trip (that is if I can decide between the 2 resorts I'm contemplating :sad2:), but I'm keeping BWI CL on the list for a possible December trip :goodvibes.

I have to comment on that Seinfeld episode.....when Puddy is adding up all the misc charges and mentions keys....Jerry says "keys?"....and Puddy says "how are you gonna start it??"....I just love that :rotfl:.
YES - the keys, I forgot that part - hilarious! Glad you guys don't mind the Seinfeld segues.

BOOK IT! Today is the day! Do you need to book a split? How many days are we talking about?

DD13 asked me not two hours after we got home from brunch, "What are we having for dinner?" When I told DH what she said, he then said, "Yeah, what is for dinner?" So you can just imagine what WDW is like...

This is amazing! Thank you so much. Easy to read and navigate...so full of memories...thanks again. :cloud9:
I'm so glad you find it easy to navigate, babette01:). Speaking of which, I need to go and add a table of contents to the first post - be right back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter