Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby eat for free! WE ARE BACK! Photo Teasers pg. 23!!

Wow, a photography lesson!

Those photos are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL SU!!!! :lovestruck:

I hope I haven't missed much on your PTR.

Thank Yuki! And aside from the lessons, I haven't actually posted much regarding my trip lately. Just been so busy with life in general! But looking to get back on track with getting ready for the trip! Of course for you you only have a a short while before you are back in WDW! Can't want to hear about your trip!

Mini-Update

I can't believe it's like 30 days away now! Woohoo!

Anyways, the balance of our trip has been paid and we're playing the waiting game now. I bought a new bag for the trip, Lesportsac of course, but it's not very exciting. I was on www.ideeli.com, one of my favorite sample sale websites and they were having a Lesportsac sale. I was actually looking for a plain black bag lol. All my lesportsacs are colorful and have crazy patterns on them that I thought I should get something neutral so that it goes with everything I wear, not to mention my crazy camera strap. So I basically bought this bag:

13186-32646.jpg

It's the same one I have already but in the polkadots. I am bringing both and interchanging them. I like how you can use it as a messenger bag as well as a tote. I like having that versitility.

I haven't actually found any cute Disney clothes for me yet though. I haven't really been shopping in stores much - mostly online but I haven't seen anything exciting. Which is fine because that means I can just shop while I'm down in WDW! :thumbsup2

Also, have been spending some time at the gym, trying to get back into shape so I don't feel so guilty on the DP, LOL. I am definitely heavier now than I was on our trip last year so I at least want to get back into the same clothes!

Anyways, I'll see if I can take a few pictures one day of stuff I have set aside to pack. I just put clothes aside as I see them, thinking that they would be good for the trip, but I think I have set aside way too many outfits, lol, and will have to whittle them down.

DH has it much easier, shorts, t-shirts, underwear and socks, that's pretty much it, and I dont' think he really cares about matching either. Haha.

On more exciting news, an acquaintance of mine from college is getting married in Mexico next year. She was looking for a local photographer and couldn't find anyone she liked. A mutual friend told her to look at my site and she loves my work! She's going to fly me and DH down to Riviera Maya for 2 nights to shoot her wedding! Yay! I'm most likely going to stay longer and make a vacation out of it. I'm really excited that I can be considered an "International" Wedding Photographer now.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Yeeah, I'm so close to my trip! I can't wait to report back to everyone about it too.

Oooh, I like that you can wear that bag in more than one way. It helps a lot when the bag gets heavy.

You should check out the couture Alice in Wonderland clothing collection. They have some really great stuff. I bought a Cheshire cat shirt in stores that just looks amazing.

Congratulations on the wedding gig. That's incredible. I was able to snag a couple of cute t-shirts at my local Disney store last winter, but haven't seen anything nice there lately. Oh well.

And :woohoo: for being paid up for you trip! How exciting!

Mini-Update

I can't believe it's like 30 days away now! Woohoo!

:cool1: I can't believe it either.
I bought a new bag for the trip, Lesportsac of course, but it's not very exciting. I was on www.ideeli.com, one of my favorite sample sale websites and they were having a Lesportsac sale. I was actually looking for a plain black bag lol. All my lesportsacs are colorful and have crazy patterns on them that I thought I should get something neutral so that it goes with everything I wear, not to mention my crazy camera strap. So I basically bought this bag:

13186-32646.jpg

It's the same one I have already but in the polkadots. I am bringing both and interchanging them. I like how you can use it as a messenger bag as well as a tote. I like having that versitility.

I haven't actually found any cute Disney clothes for me yet though. I haven't really been shopping in stores much - mostly online but I haven't seen anything exciting. Which is fine because that means I can just shop while I'm down in WDW! :thumbsup2

Love the bag!!!

On more exciting news, an acquaintance of mine from college is getting married in Mexico next year. She was looking for a local photographer and couldn't find anyone she liked. A mutual friend told her to look at my site and she loves my work! She's going to fly me and DH down to Riviera Maya for 2 nights to shoot her wedding! Yay! I'm most likely going to stay longer and make a vacation out of it. I'm really excited that I can be considered an "International" Wedding Photographer now.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Congrats!!!

Oh my goodness!! The GF1 has dropped below $650 at Amazon. :eek:

Oh man...tempting!!! Which lens(es) are you going to get with it?? I am loving the 20mm 1.7 but think I would like the usefulness of the 14-15mm.

I am waiting to see if I book a few weddings this year. It's funny within the last 2 weeks, I have gotten 4 inquiries for weddings, and I never advertise anywhere! If I do end up booking a few, I will most likely be purchasing a full-frame canon.

But I do love the GF1 though...btw, they just released the Sony. Have you seen it yet?

I definitely would get the 20mm but might add a zoom later. I haven't seen the Sony Nex in person but it looks kind of odd. The lens is about as big as the body and the mount is not the convention m4/3. You can buy adapter for the GF1 to use different brand of lens. I heard low light with the GF1 is pretty good too.

I believe some one from the photography board here bought the Sony Nex. I am waiting to see what the image looks like.

Full frame would be nice. I am still waiting for the Nikon D700 price to go down. I've been monitor it for over a year and it still won't budge.

Good luck with the wedding photography business. I shot 3 wedding all my life and I was a nervous reck. All are probono. (Twice as primary and once as secondary) Too much pressure. Afraid I can't deliver that special moment for the bride and groom.

I definitely would get the 20mm but might add a zoom later. I haven't seen the Sony Nex in person but it looks kind of odd. The lens is about as big as the body and the mount is not the convention m4/3. You can buy adapter for the GF1 to use different brand of lens. I heard low light with the GF1 is pretty good too.

I believe some one from the photography board here bought the Sony Nex. I am waiting to see what the image looks like.

Full frame would be nice. I am still waiting for the Nikon D700 price to go down. I've been monitor it for over a year and it still won't budge.

Good luck with the wedding photography business. I shot 3 wedding all my life and I was a nervous reck. All are probono. (Twice as primary and once as secondary) Too much pressure. Afraid I can't deliver that special moment for the bride and groom.

I agree with you about the Nex. The body is so small it probably throws off the weight of the lens. I have seen the GF1 in action and the pictures are great, I honestly cannot tell it was taken with a micro 4/3 camera.

Yes weddings are a lot of pressure. I have done 1 probono wedding before, and it WAS very stressful, but it was also a great way to really challenge my photographic skills. That's why I am definitely getting paid for any other weddings I do - it's too demanding to not get paid anymore, but if you're starting out I think it's a good way to get your name out there.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently but I haven't really done any planning, buying or packing for our trip, which as of now is less than 3 weeks away! Woohoo! :cutie: All that changed yesterday when I received our Mickey Mail! This is our first ever Mickey Mail so I was very excited to get it. In our package we received our yellow ME tags, luggage tags, ME vouchers, a bunch of coupons which I probably will not be able to take advantage of but are nice nonetheless, and details of our trip. Our very nice TA from Mouseketrips, Keith sent them over as a package.

Here are a few pics of our Mickey Mail!!

4896014668_a073e03d5b_b.jpg

4895418525_7706e9ed43_b.jpg

4896014020_41b1b2b74c_b.jpg

And it's funny since the luggage tag says, what are you celebrating?, I thought it'll be cute to take a pic of it with one of our wedding pictures since we are celebrating our 2nd Anniversary afterall (altough 2 months earlier than our actual anniversary date, lol)

4895419139_83ef30219a_b.jpg

In other news, I haven't really been doing any packing or buying for this trip, so I am worried I'll just have to end up packing the night before, which is what I avoid doing most times, but ends up being that way. I will try to at least put together a packing list at some point, although it may not happen.

I am hoping that the weather will be ok by the time labor day weekend rolls around. I was reading a report on the weather channel and it said how they were expecting a much more active hurricane season for the latter half of this year. YIKES. Let's hope nothing happens while we are all down there.

We went to see Scott Pilgrim vs The World this weekend and we thought it was cute. You have to love videogames to really enjoy the film or else you'd probably won't get much of it. We also saw The Expendables, which is exactly the sort of movie you'd expect it to me, lots of fighting, action, explosions. In other words, the ultimate GUY movie. LOL. I did sort of like it though, because I wasn't expecting it to be any less than that. :laughing:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Mickey Mail is the best! I have ours sitting on the counter in the kitchen- I don't want to put it away because I love seeing it!

Trips is getting so close, now!

OK...no fair...you even take gorgeous pictures of your Mickey Mail! :rotfl: Perhaps I will eventually invest in a halfway decent camera and learn how to take nice shots. Probably never as nice as yours, but I love that you're able to take pictures of things in the foreground with the slightly fuzzy background!

And, yes, we were super excited to get our Mickeymail last year! I should also mention that we "celebrated" our fifth anniversary while we there...six months early! :rotfl:

OK...no fair...you even take gorgeous pictures of your Mickey Mail!

Yup, I agree! Not fair at all! And your pics are very pretty! I can't wait to get our Mickey Mail!

BTW, we saw Scott Pilgrim vs The World on Friday and we really liked it too! It's like Guitar Hero meets Street Fighter meets Sin City. It was cool. I'm hoping to go see The Expendables this weekend. My sister and her BF loved it so I'm looking forward to it.

I already have my packing list done, it's just a bit too early to start packing!

I can't believe you trip is almost here!

Congrats on getting your mickey mail! I understand about the packing. I was also hoping to have everything done by now. But with the way work has been, there just hasn't been a lot of time. I have also been checking weather.com everyday for the hurricane updates and have been finding the same info as you, that there should be higher hurricane activity towards the end of August or first of September. I even read on one site that it was predicted to start the same day my trip does which worries me. But I am hoping it can stay quiet just a little longer. Otherwise, we may be in FL when it starts. :eek:

Horray for Mickey Mail! Your trip is getting closerrr! :yay:

Aww, the wedding picture of you and your DH is SO sweet! :goodvibes

Mickey Mail is the best! I have ours sitting on the counter in the kitchen- I don't want to put it away because I love seeing it!

Trips is getting so close, now!

Yup! Can't believe it's almost here!

OK...no fair...you even take gorgeous pictures of your Mickey Mail! :rotfl: Perhaps I will eventually invest in a halfway decent camera and learn how to take nice shots. Probably never as nice as yours, but I love that you're able to take pictures of things in the foreground with the slightly fuzzy background!

And, yes, we were super excited to get our Mickeymail last year! I should also mention that we "celebrated" our fifth anniversary while we there...six months early! :rotfl:

Thank you! I actually shot the pics a little too late in the day, so there wasn't much sunlight left. I had to turn on our regular lights so that I could take the pics, but I never liked the look of unnatural lights to begin with. That's why I love shooting outdoors the most!

LOL! I had no idea you could do that, and I almost felt bad for putting down that we were celebrating our anniversary 2 months early. But then again, I guess you can do anything you want at Disney. Not everyone can make it on their exact dates, especially if you want to take advantage of stuff like, ahem, free dining. LOL.

Yup, I agree! Not fair at all! And your pics are very pretty! I can't wait to get our Mickey Mail!

BTW, we saw Scott Pilgrim vs The World on Friday and we really liked it too! It's like Guitar Hero meets Street Fighter meets Sin City. It was cool. I'm hoping to go see The Expendables this weekend. My sister and her BF loved it so I'm looking forward to it.

I already have my packing list done, it's just a bit too early to start packing!

I can't believe you trip is almost here!

Aww Thanks!

I think everyone in the movie was some sort of gamer (ourselves included) so we got a lot of the movie's nuances. I thoroughly enjoyed The Expendables! I think you will too!

Wow you made a packing list already! I am going to try and do one today.

Yay for your Mickey Mail arriving! :goodvibes

Praying there will be NO hurricanes in September!!!!!:worship:

Yay Thanks!

Congrats on getting your mickey mail! I understand about the packing. I was also hoping to have everything done by now. But with the way work has been, there just hasn't been a lot of time. I have also been checking weather.com everyday for the hurricane updates and have been finding the same info as you, that there should be higher hurricane activity towards the end of August or first of September. I even read on one site that it was predicted to start the same day my trip does which worries me. But I am hoping it can stay quiet just a little longer. Otherwise, we may be in FL when it starts. :eek:

Yikes! Well, I guess we'll have to buy ponchos before we go on our trip. although I do kinda want a Mickey one, lol.
Our trip last year had so much rain that I guess we are not in for too much of a surprise :confused3

Horray for Mickey Mail! Your trip is getting closerrr! :yay:

Aww, the wedding picture of you and your DH is SO sweet! :goodvibes

Aww thank you! It's funny, that picture was actually taken by a guest, not our photographer. It's from his crappy old camera and the picture came out grainy and bad quality on the print. However, it was the fact that I was staring straight at him and he managed to capture this exact moment where we both look so happy, that is really what mattered to me so I decided to frame it.

Yay for the mickey mail. You took such great pictures of it as well!!

Thanks AnneMarie! I was worried that I wasn't going to get any Mickey Mail because I waited for it for a while. In the end I contacted my TA, and he told me that it was on the way in the mail. The reason being that he was waiting until he got everything, including the ME tags and stuff before he mailed the complete package to us. Which makes sense.

Now that we're probably not going to check in our luggage when we go there, I wonder if we really even need to attach the yellow tags. It might confuse someone I think. And maybe I just shouldn't bother with it anyways!

Our trips are almost here! Hooray!

Now that we're probably not going to check in our luggage when we go there, I wonder if we really even need to attach the yellow tags. It might confuse someone I think. And maybe I just shouldn't bother with it anyways!

Our trips are almost here! Hooray!

When we went in February, we were scheduled to land just a hair past 10pm. We put the tags on just in case we came in before 10pm. Basically...DME pulls anything before 10pm. 10pm...regardless of if it has a yellow tag or not...they stop pulling. You can put the tags on just for you if you KNOW that DME will not be getting them and you just want them to have them on. Or you can do like we did and put them on just in case...knowing it was possible that we still would have to go to baggage claim for them. As I understand the process, it wouldn't confuse the airport staff at all. Don't know if that helps at all...

When we went in February, we were scheduled to land just a hair past 10pm. We put the tags on just in case we came in before 10pm. Basically...DME pulls anything before 10pm. 10pm...regardless of if it has a yellow tag or not...they stop pulling. You can put the tags on just for you if you KNOW that DME will not be getting them and you just want them to have them on. Or you can do like we did and put them on just in case...knowing it was possible that we still would have to go to baggage claim for them. As I understand the process, it wouldn't confuse the airport staff at all. Don't know if that helps at all...

Thanks! That does help. I think we've decided just not to check our bags on the way there, that way we can get to the resort a big quicker. I am sooooo impatient at baggage claim, I just want to get my bags and be on my way to vacation already! LOL. I guess we won't be needing the yellow tags afterall. It's ok. I'm already happy we're going to DISNEY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter