Christmas site for 2020

bgula

DIS Veteran
We've been going to FW for I don't know how many years over Christmas. I know you have to book as early as possible, but I'm looking at dates for 2020 and there doesn't seem to be anything available for anything. I know that 500 days is now into January, but is it just them not releasing the sites yet?

Did you read my thread, bgula, about the 500 day rule changing with 2020 reservations?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...oking-rule-as-we-knew-it-has-changed.3761076/

With the switch to using the arrival day, Christmas 2020 could be booked early-mid August for Christmas week depending on your arrival day and length of stay. Example: arriving December 23, 2020 could be booked as early as 08/11/19.

No inventory is being held back I think. You'll have to stalk cancellations or use a TA to scour availability daily or piece a reservation together. It was that way for the Halloween 2020 folks too.

Just my opinion.

Bama Ed

PS - at the max window, you could have booked on 07/21/19 to arrive on 12/02/20 for the max 30 day reservation that would send you home on 01/01/21 for example.

Last edited:
I do remember reading your post, but that was a while ago. Just find it hard to believe that EVERYTHING is already booked over Christmas at this point. Latest date I can get anything is the 21st I think.. Also, error message saying that sites aren't available is different when you look over the Christmas period, which seems suspicious. I'm used to piecing together ressies over Christmas, just don't like having to spend the extra money doing so.

It's showing only Tent/Pop-up sites for stays 12/23/20 to 01/01/21.

Screenshot 2019-08-31 at 9.56.58 PM.png

No error message. I started with a 12/23-12/25 2020 stay and worked out and only Tent/Pop-up kept showing availability.

2020 is shaping up to be a huge year with SWGE. On a podcast several weeks back, Pete Werner said the advance 2020 bookings for Dreams Unlimited were the highest of any year EVER that he'd seen. So day by day may be the way to go.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

If I search from say 12/21 - 12/25, I get this "This room type is unavailable for the dates, party size or offer selected."

If I search from 12/26 - 01/02, I get this "This room type is unavailable for the dates, party size or offer selected. Call (407) 939-4229 or search online to explore other available options." and there are no tent sites available - nothing is available. It's definitely a different response and to me indicates that maybe they haven't released sites yet. Probably not, but who knows.

Not trying to argue - just the responses are different to the different searches.

@bama_ed I think there might be something going on with their reservations - maybe when they switched the window some coding got messed up? I reserved a couple of days ago for NYE 2020-2021. I couldn’t get 1/1 for a starting date of 12/28 but I could get it for a starting date of 12/29 or 12/27. Same length of time, if I searched individually, it came up but not that particular combination. I know they play with length of stay requirements (and don’t disclose those sometimes) but this seemed a glitch in the Disney matrix. Also, the dates didn’t load at exactly 500 days and the length of stay as you described above didn’t work until about day 497 as I was trying to stay on top of it.

I know they play with length of stay requirements (and don’t disclose those sometimes) but this seemed a glitch in the Disney matrix.

Allie, it's possible. Having experienced Disney IT as we all have, they probably are in another dimension thinking everything is working fine and dandy. Meanwhile we all have to ....

giphy.gif

.... over here on this side to get a reservation to work.

It's simply a crap shoot any more as to what you get each time you try.

Ed

Just an update for anyone else trying to get a res. during this time period. I was able to search day by day and get availability up to Dec. 26, but then got that different "error". Decided to call and have them do the booking. After 45 minutes, was able to get a res. up to Dec. 26. CM was working with GS and that's as far as they could book at this time. So, apparently FW hasn't opened up sites past Dec. 26, 2020. Hopefully soon.

Just an update for anyone else trying to get a res. during this time period. I was able to search day by day and get availability up to Dec. 26, but then got that different "error". Decided to call and have them do the booking. After 45 minutes, was able to get a res. up to Dec. 26. CM was working with GS and that's as far as they could book at this time. So, apparently FW hasn't opened up sites past Dec. 26, 2020. Hopefully soon.
The site is really glitchy. I can see a Premium Meadow site 12/23 - 12/29. I still can’t get a check out date of 1/2 but I can get 1/3. I can include 1/2 in various length of stay. It’s like 1/2 is blocked for checkout.

You really need to play around with the website, and then probably just call and get them to link the reservations. When I was looking for a preferred for 10/20-10/30 2020, nothing would show. I could get 10/20 to 10/28, but then couldn't get 10/29 to 10/30. BUT, I could get 10/29 and 10/30 each as 1 day preferred reservations (but not 10/29-10/30 ??). So by piecing together 10/20-10/28, 10/29, and 10/30 as 3 different reservations they could have been linked over the phone.

We ended up booking 11/10-11/20 for 2020 after all that trouble, but the exercise did show that you can play around with booking windows and possibly piece together a reservation that shows unavailable if trying to book as one window.

Thank you SOOOO much for posting your experience! I just got off the phone doing the same thing. She had the same finding, that she was unable to get us any nights after the 26th, but the nights beforehand were available individually and had to be linked so she could make us a single reservation. Seems awfully wonky, but I'm happy! (still not thrilled with the nightly rate for a Preferred, but what are ya gonna do??? :laughing: )

Thank you SOOOO much for posting your experience! I just got off the phone doing the same thing. She had the same finding, that she was unable to get us any nights after the 26th, but the nights beforehand were available individually and had to be linked so she could make us a single reservation. Seems awfully wonky, but I'm happy! (still not thrilled with the nightly rate for a Preferred, but what are ya gonna do??? :laughing: )
Full hook up is showing up for 26-29 (and tent sites too).

Full hook up is showing up for 26-29 (and tent sites too).

Saw this last night after you posted. Didn't want to pay for another day so was going to call this morning to have them add it to my ressie, but it's already gone again. Guess I just keep checking...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter