Christmas Ideas 2022

I often buy stocking stuffers / gift cards ( when deals come up) months before Christmas. To make sure I don’t lose track of them - they get put in large Christmas popcorn tins I bring up & put in my closet. Makes it easy to check periodically on the little items I’ve gotten each family member.

I often buy stocking stuffers / gift cards ( when deals come up) months before Christmas. To make sure I don’t lose track of them - they get put in large Christmas popcorn tins I bring up & put in my closet. Makes it easy to check periodically on the little items I’ve gotten each family member.

great idea! i grab odds and ends when i see them as well. i have a drawer in my walk in closet that i toss stuff in as i aquire it.

great idea! i grab odds and ends when i see them as well. i have a drawer in my walk in closet that i toss stuff in as i aquire it.
Yes, because if there isn’t a special place for it , I’d never remember where most of it was!

Here’s a couple more ideas. At school I would give the secretaries/maintenance crew 6 inch stockings filled with candies & holiday lottery tickets- festive & doesn’t cost much. For DH & our adult kids & spouses everyone gets a “gift bag” - all open that at the same time - fav snacks/candies, gift cards (Panera, Chipotle, Dunkin’ Donuts , Target & Home Deport are favs), holiday lottery tickets, lip balms, travel size toiletries, . The guys get small multi-tools, flashlights, tins of nuts, beef jerky, etc… The girls like scented lotion, candles and novelties like Winky Lux Flower Balm . DD says she always looks forward to the gift bags to see what I’ve come up with each year.

Here’s a couple more ideas. At school I would give the secretaries/maintenance crew 6 inch stockings filled with candies & holiday lottery tickets- festive & doesn’t cost much. For DH & our adult kids & spouses everyone gets a “gift bag” - all open that at the same time - fav snacks/candies, gift cards (Panera, Chipotle, Dunkin’ Donuts , Target & Home Deport are favs), holiday lottery tickets, lip balms, travel size toiletries, . The guys get small multi-tools, flashlights, tins of nuts, beef jerky, etc… The girls like scented lotion, candles and novelties like Winky Lux Flower Balm . DD says she always looks forward to the gift bags to see what I’ve come up with each year.

on the gift bags-amazon has incredibly low prices on batches (from a dozen up to 60 pieces) of 'gift bags' (variety of sizes) that are of the nature of reusable totes. if you want the holiday spirit there' are christmas ones but they run less than paper gift bags cost AND as someone who received a christmas gift in one of these types of bags last year-i use the bag constantly and will for much longer than any of the bag's contents.

just found a great stocking stuffer! air fryer magnetic cheat sheet for cooking times/temps. getting one for myself/one for elder kid to go with christmas gift (also did not know they make parchment paper liners for air fryers-too cool).

just found a great stocking stuffer! air fryer magnetic cheat sheet for cooking times/temps. getting one for myself/one for elder kid to go with christmas gift (also did not know they make parchment paper liners for air fryers-too cool).
Great idea! I just purchased more is these parchment sheets for us
Beasea Air Fryer Sheets Square 9 Inch, 200pcs Air Fryer Parchment Paper Unbleached Air Fryer Filter Paper Perforated Parchment Paper Bamboo Steamer Liners https://a.co/d/5INqk73

Here are some things I’m looking for, if you know of any good deals or recommendations 😊

looking for good deals on
Update 11-7-22*😁purchased😁 -mini cricut easy heat press for dd to use in her class to personalize items or do those infuse bead crafts. Students WON’T be using it.

-laminator that does sizes bigger than regular paper maybe 12’ ,16’ or 18’🤷🏽‍♀️ For DD’s classroom. I have a regular size one she uses but I thought one that does bigger sizes would be great🤷🏽‍♀️ And budget😊

— Bluetooth shower speaker

- 36’ blackstone gridle grill for hubby

recommendations on
a good set of hand warmers for hubby. Something that works great and usb charge

on the hunt for
deals on fast food gift cards. We usually do the $100 Del taco and get 8 free combos meals.

hoping to get a couple of $10 gift cards. I think the deal taco the $100 can only be broken into 4- $25 or 5-$20

Last edited:
Here are some things I’m looking for, if you know of any good deals or recommendations 😊

-mini cricut easy heat press for dd to use in her class to personalize items or do those infuse bead crafts. Students WON’T be using it.

-laminator that does sizes bigger than regular paper maybe 12’ ,16’ or 18’🤷🏽‍♀️ For DD’s classroom. I have a regular size one she uses but I thought one that does bigger sizes would be great🤷🏽‍♀️ And budget😊

recommendations on

on the hunt for
deals on fast food gift cards. We usually do the $100 Del taco and get 8 free combos meals.

hoping to get a couple of $10 gift cards. I think the deal taco the $100 can only be broken into 4- $25 or 5-$20
Regarding the mini Cricut heat press, sign up for Cricut emails if you don’t already get them. Scope out other retailers that carry the item, Amazon, Walmart, etc. sign up for Rakuten , Honey , etc.. around Black Friday some will be giving up to 15% rebates, especially with sites like Cricut, Michael’s. Also sign up for emails, reward programs from those fast food places. You’ll get informed when they do discounts on gift cards. I’m surprised your daughter’s school doesn’t have a laminator. Follow advice for Cricut. Happy shopping!

Regarding the mini Cricut heat press, sign up for Cricut emails if you don’t already get them. Scope out other retailers that carry the item, Amazon, Walmart, etc. sign up for Rakuten , Honey , etc.. around Black Friday some will be giving up to 15% rebates, especially with sites like Cricut, Michael’s. Also sign up for emails, reward programs from those fast food places. You’ll get informed when they do discounts on gift cards. I’m surprised your daughter’s school doesn’t have a laminator. Follow advice for Cricut. Happy shopping!
They have one but they aren’t allowed to use it. They have one person selected to laminate but she’s a volunteer so it just depends if she shows up🤷🏽‍♀️ It’s on the volunteers time

They have one but they aren’t allowed to use it. They have one person selected to laminate but she’s a volunteer so it just depends if she shows up🤷🏽‍♀️ It’s on the volunteers time
Wow! At my former district & DD’s, clerical aides or secretaries laminate for the needs of staff in the building. I’m going to email one of our secretaries who does purchasing & ask what companies emails you should sign up for based on the sizes you gave in your post. Anything promising- I’ll post this week.

-mini cricut easy heat press for dd to use in her class to personalize items or do those infuse bead crafts. Students WON’T be using it.

recommendations on

on the hunt for

I bought these: https://www.hsn.com/products/go-warmer-4-pack-hand-heater-with-power-bank-and-flashl/20471376 a couple weeks ago. Of course, they were cheaper and had more color options then. But, I figured they'd be good for my DD27 and her boyfriend, who live near Boston, and also for my DD19 who has to walk across campus to class (she's in North Carolina, but it can get cold and breezy here). Plus, my youngest has to wait for the bus pretty early. I got 2 sets.

I bought these: https://www.hsn.com/products/go-warmer-4-pack-hand-heater-with-power-bank-and-flashl/20471376 a couple weeks ago. Of course, they were cheaper and had more color options then. But, I figured they'd be good for my DD27 and her boyfriend, who live near Boston, and also for my DD19 who has to walk across campus to class (she's in North Carolina, but it can get cold and breezy here). Plus, my youngest has to wait for the bus pretty early. I got 2 sets.
I almost bought some. I looked up that brand but the reviews weren’t that great. let me know how you’d and son like it

recommendations on

on the hunt for

sign up for targets daily email notifications of their 'black friday' sales-these are daily specials. they carry blackstone so you may catch a great deal (i got an air fryer for 60% off, today they had kitchen aide and other name brands select items for 40% off so it pays to keep an eye on them. on the del taco-you might want to buy one $10 gift card now from their website b/c if they are anything like panera and some other 'to go' type places this will link you to email or text notifications any time they have a sale on gift cards (i get them for 20% off fairly frequently from panera).

sign up for targets daily email notifications of their 'black friday' sales-these are daily specials. they carry blackstone so you may catch a great deal (i got an air fryer for 60% off, today they had kitchen aide and other name brands select items for 40% off so it pays to keep an eye on them. on the del taco-you might want to buy one $10 gift card now from their website b/c if they are anything like panera and some other 'to go' type places this will link you to email or text notifications any time they have a sale on gift cards (i get them for 20% off fairly frequently from panera).
Thanks for the info. I love my air fryer, that I have two😊

I second the Ninja Foodi. It has so many uses and is extremely convenient. I use it a lot!!
We use ours all the time. It’s funny because my hubby who said i was buying another useless gadget uses it more than I do!

I’ve been picking up some stuff here and there. My husband bakes and I found the pans he prefers online at World Market. I also got a cute Grinch mug, some British holiday party crackers and some Scottish treats to remind him of home. I would have got more but they don’t ship everything. I got him some slippers from Lands End with my Kohl cash. I never realized Lands End is there now. I also discovered I can make Amazon returns there. DD wants gift cards and DS wants money. I have to think iof something for my nieces. My step son LOVES Peppa Pig so we are putting money into his account to save for a visit to Peppa pig world. I am also getting a few toys and clothes for the local shelter. I asked for a wish list and the social worker said they mostly want stuff like coats and sweatshirt. That makes me sad.

I haven't started much. I am determined this year to do more experiences for the kids rather than stuff. I'm frustrated that I know a lot of the places will have black Friday deals but don't know prices yet so that is sort of messing up my budget. I am picking up a few things for youngest DD just because she will still play with 'stuff'. Pretty stuck on older 2 girls. My biggest unknown this year is my side of the family has decided to do a white elephant type thing with a $50 limit. I have absolutely no idea where to go with that. They run the gamut of couples with good jobs and no kids to crafters to struggling couple with 3 kids. Any suggestions?

I’ve been picking up some stuff here and there. My husband bakes and I found the pans he prefers online at World Market. I also got a cute Grinch mug, some British holiday party crackers and some Scottish treats to remind him of home. I would have got more but they don’t ship everything. I got him some slippers from Lands End with my Kohl cash. I never realized Lands End is there now. I also discovered I can make Amazon returns there. DD wants gift cards and DS wants money. I have to think iof something for my nieces. My step son LOVES Peppa Pig so we are putting money into his account to save for a visit to Peppa pig world. I am also getting a few toys and clothes for the local shelter. I asked for a wish list and the social worker said they mostly want stuff like coats and sweatshirt. That makes me sad.
That is really sad. Before we had kids, we volunteered at an orphanage. The only things they didn't have to share were their underwear and shoes. We bought one boy two pairs of shoes and he acted like he had won the lottery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter