Christmas Ideas 2022

We started shopping, there have been some good deals to be had on some items early this year. Amazon Prime started deals last week and we picked up a couple of electronics related items that seemed like a good deal.

target is offering to refund any difference in price if a purchase is made and it goes on sale at a lower price before christmas so i bought some items i felt were already at a good sales price and am just monitoring to see if they go down. i wasn't very impressed with the prime sale but i did grab a few items that i couldn't even find elsewhere (anime series). jc penny JUST started their holiday return period policy so i ordered a few items (they have some decent deals on disney themed fleece clothing if anyone is looking for it).

During Amazons two day sale, I bought three items for my granddaughter that were on sale. I checked other stores for the same items and Amazon had the best price. I have a few things that I have saved in my account hoping on Black Friday they will be discounted.

Most of the stuff on my kids lists were not things that would be going on sale, so I am almost done. One thing I did for each of them (18, 20, 20) was purchase a metal card holder case and am putting different gift cards in each of the slots. They can return the cases after use and get them refilled next year.

I'm just mostly buying stocking stuffers this year. The big gift for DD22 and her boyfriend this year is a cruise around Spain/Italy next May with my sister, her husband and I - my sister covered their airfare and pre/post cruise hotels with points, I paid for their cabin on the cruise. That's a crazy BIG gift, so even the stocking stuffers will be pretty basic. Most of them I've already bought.

DDs stocking stuffers consist of things like decent sewing scissors, reusable produce bags, a couple of silicone baking mats, some face masks, a mini first aid kit for the cruise (good Bandaids, mole skin, sea sickness meds), and travel size toiletries. I'll add some sort of gift card in the $75-100 range that I will get free with credit card points.

Her boyfriend's stocking stuffers are a graphic Tshirt, a polo shirt, Spiderman socks (his favorite Marvel character) that are subtle and can be worn to work, a mini flashlight, corkscrew, magnetic wristband (for nails and stuff when doing repairs) and an airtag.

Most of the stuff I picked up on various sales over the year. I'm a big fan of using Kohl's cash that I have no other immediate use for on stocking stuffers. I also grabbed a few small things during the Amazon Prime sales, and I bought several things on Aliexpress - that stuff you have to buy REALLY early to make sure you get it in time and can see the quality is what you are looking for (it's always a risk - so I rarely buy anything over $5 there); all has come in though and is same quality as I would get buying off eBay or Amazon. So yay!

The one non-stocking stuffer I got for DD is a custom pillow with our cat's image on it. I got that on Aliexpress too - it was over my $5 rule LOL but it was still cheap and it came out GREAT. She and her boyfriend moved cross country this summer, and she really misses our cat. She's going to love it :)

For my nephews, I always give a token gift plus a check. This is this years gift - a Cocoon organizer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076VXX5R9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details. It's ugly and seems weird but I have a slightly smaller one that I use in my briefcase while travelling on business and it rocks. They are big outdoorsy types that are always hiking and such and I figured it would be useful in their backpacks.

Last edited:
I’m really at a loss this year. I buy for dd and dh. My family decided no more gift exchange since each family has grown and we no longer get together. Hubbys side we exchange but he likes to give out gift cards🤦🏽‍♀️ .

I saved some Christmas money but 🤷🏽‍♀️ . Hubby usually tells me what he wants from Home Depot Black Friday. Plus I like to get him a few things to unwrap and 2 - gift cards for food for work lunches.
my dd is making good money, actually more money then me. I’d normally give her money, gift cards and buy her some things to unwrap. She said she doesn’t really need anything or money. I’m getting her an Amazon gift card. she had stuff on her Amazon class list for her students so I’ll see if items on her list go on sale.
Plus I plan on making 24 personalized ornaments and stocking for DD’s students. We will be looking for inexpensive things and treats to fill the stockings 😊
I do need little inexpensive gifts for coworkers 4 female and 1 male $5-10 each.

The day I have grandkids I will go nuts shopping lol!

Last edited:
i ordered a christmas present for our 2 cats today. since i can't have any live plants b/c they chew them to pieces i was pleased to find a cat tree that is made to look like a large fake plant.

You guys are doing great! I haven't done anything yet. DD's birthday is in a few weeks so I've mostly focused on finding gifts for her. She never asks for much. She only wanted an AirTag and keyring! So I've been trying to find things to surprise her.

So far I’ve bought my DD’s (12) big gift. We are going to see The Nutcracker at Lincoln Center in NYC. We live about an hour and a half outside the city so we’ll take the train in and spend the day. She’s a dancer so I know she will love it. That’s it so far. I usually get my son (19) gift cards to the gas station, Burger King, Jersey Mike’s, Arby’s. I also buy him a few months at the gym he goes to. They always run a special of buy 2 months, get the 3rd month free. And usually something he needs for his car.

I'm getting DD27 and her boyfriend an air fryer. I wanted to get them a KitchenAid, but they won't really use it, and don't have much counter space. OTOH, their gas oven doesn't have a vent--yikes! So, an air fryer it is.

DS25 (autistic) just got his first car, so he's getting a Halo Bolt and other car accessories. Him having the car is nice, he's usually tough to buy for, because he doesn't want much. You wouldn't think that's a problem, but he's one of 4, and the other three want plenty!

DD19 I got some bakeware (SHE would love that KitchenAid, but I'm waiting until she's out of college), and I have a few other things in mind. She hasn't said what she wants yet.

DS16 is traveling a lot next summer, so he may want mostly cash. He's going to France in June, and I have a couple hundred euro left over from our last trip that I'll give him. He's also going to South Korea in August, for the Scout World Jamboree--he's paying for that himself (as opposed to the France trip, which is school-related and we'll pay). So, I think he's going to want money. Maybe I'll throw in a couple travel books if I can find them.

I'm getting DD27 and her boyfriend an air fryer. I wanted to get them a KitchenAid, but they won't really use it, and don't have much counter space. OTOH, their gas oven doesn't have a vent--yikes! So, an air fryer it is.

DS25 (autistic) just got his first car, so he's getting a Halo Bolt and other car accessories. Him having the car is nice, he's usually tough to buy for, because he doesn't want much. You wouldn't think that's a problem, but he's one of 4, and the other three want plenty!

DD19 I got some bakeware (SHE would love that KitchenAid, but I'm waiting until she's out of college), and I have a few other things in mind. She hasn't said what she wants yet.

DS16 is traveling a lot next summer, so he may want mostly cash. He's going to France in June, and I have a couple hundred euro left over from our last trip that I'll give him. He's also going to South Korea in August, for the Scout World Jamboree--he's paying for that himself (as opposed to the France trip, which is school-related and we'll pay). So, I think he's going to want money. Maybe I'll throw in a couple travel books if I can find them.

when you ultimatly gift those kitchenaids it will open up a world of new gifting options by virtue of all the great attachments :cheer2:

when you ultimatly gift those kitchenaids it will open up a world of new gifting options by virtue of all the great attachments :cheer2:
I KNOW! I already told my husband, I want the new pie dough attachment! My mom was known for her pies--my sister got the "pie gene", I didn't. But, I have Mom's recipe. And, I'm tough to buy for, so DH appreciates suggestions. He already got me a "skin" for my plain white KitchenAid that says, "Come to the dark side--we have cake!" with Darth Vader on it.

A few years ago, someone started a thread for Christmas ideas and deals. I can't find it, so I thought I would create a new one.

I haven't started shopping yet, but I am looking for deals! How about you?
Thank you for starting this thread. You all have such amazing ideas.

The one big thing we are looking for is a Yeti cooler, not sure there will be any deals, but in previous years, looks like Yeti offered free extras (ice packs or mugs) with a cooler purchase.

We got our 3 year old grandson a TonieBox and some additional characters.

We got our 1 year old grandson a balance bike, will probably pick him up a helmet too.

This year will be a much smaller Christmas than prior years. My boys are 18 and 23 and don’t need much. we just returned from my ds18 birthday trip to North Carolina to gokart. I picked him up a few tshirts and stickers from the race tracks. He also wants some snap-on tools. He is a student at a tech school and he gets a decent discount, so I’ll give him cash to purchase what he wants.

Last year I had pjs (Xmas Eve tradition) with their respective pet on the pants and shirt. They were a huge hit!
this year I think I’m making a scrapbook for the past year for each kid.

If you haven’t settled on an air fryer yet, check out the Ninja Foodi - it “stands upright “ when not in use if they don’t have much counter space. Got myself & DDIL one for Christmas last year. Works good and being upright is a nice option.

I KNOW! I already told my husband, I want the new pie dough attachment! My mom was known for her pies--my sister got the "pie gene", I didn't. But, I have Mom's recipe. And, I'm tough to buy for, so DH appreciates suggestions. He already got me a "skin" for my plain white KitchenAid that says, "Come to the dark side--we have cake!" with Darth Vader on it.

love our pasta attachment and meat grinder (i buy pork when it's on sale and we grind it up to season for italian and other varsities of bulk sausage-much less expensive).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter