Cheaptickets 20% on some Disney Resorts

I appreciate this thread as I have never used a 3rd party in my many, many years of on-site Disney. It was either through Disney or for past several years - Passholder/DVC. I just put in a random week and was shocked by the cheap price....and that was without a code. Wow. Maybe I don't need to add on points after all. Would love to eliminate more MF's.

Two questions that have been probably asked a million times so please forgive a Cheap Tickets newbie.
- Any trouble putting confirm # into MDE? (is there a 16 digit # as normal)
- Any cancellation problems?

Thank you for your patience in answering these basic questions and thank you for the insight.

I have not experienced cancellation issues with Cheap Tickets only because I have not personally cancelled. I've seen chatter on the boards about a $25 cancellation fee and I've confirmed that it is in their terms of service, but I have also seen someone say that they weren't charged that fee when they cancelled. I suppose that is a "your mileage may vary" type of situation.

As to linking to MDE, I have personally experienced that, and have found it to be relatively painless. I did not get a "Disney" confirmation number in my email(s), so based on some feedback from the boards, I waited two days and called Disney directly. The cast member was extremely helpful and it took less than 5 minutes for him to sync everything up for me. We just returned from our trip and it was seamless; just as if I had booked through Disney.

For the amount of money the extra 15-20% saves, it is well worth an extra phone call in my opinion.

I have not experienced cancellation issues with Cheap Tickets only because I have not personally cancelled. I've seen chatter on the boards about a $25 cancellation fee and I've confirmed that it is in their terms of service, but I have also seen someone say that they weren't charged that fee when they cancelled. I suppose that is a "your mileage may vary" type of situation.

As to linking to MDE, I have personally experienced that, and have found it to be relatively painless. I did not get a "Disney" confirmation number in my email(s), so based on some feedback from the boards, I waited two days and called Disney directly. The cast member was extremely helpful and it took less than 5 minutes for him to sync everything up for me. We just returned from our trip and it was seamless; just as if I had booked through Disney.

For the amount of money the extra 15-20% saves, it is well worth an extra phone call in my opinion.

Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate your replying.

I just posted in budget boards and then found this. AAA tells me these sort of discounts are not allowed by disney and they can be cancelled. I'm getting a decent discount at the Port Orleans - I think it's 16% off or something like that. Anyone ever have any issues?

Two questions that have been probably asked a million times so please forgive a Cheap Tickets newbie.
- Any trouble putting confirm # into MDE? (is there a 16 digit # as normal)
- Any cancellation problems?

I used Cheaptickets back in April and had no issues. Like the previous poster mentioned, I called Disney directly (I think I only waited a couple of hours after booking) and they were able to find my reservation and link everything to MDE. Easy peasy. I saw somewhere that I was listed as having an "Expedia" reservation (I think CheapTickets is owned by Expedia).

Thankfully we didn't have to cancel but did notice the listed $25 cancellation policy in the documentation.

I used Cheaptickets back in April and had no issues. Like the previous poster mentioned, I called Disney directly (I think I only waited a couple of hours after booking) and they were able to find my reservation and link everything to MDE. Easy peasy. I saw somewhere that I was listed as having an "Expedia" reservation (I think CheapTickets is owned by Expedia).

Thankfully we didn't have to cancel but did notice the listed $25 cancellation policy in the documentation.
Thanks much!

I love this thread! We're staying at AoA in Dec. Originally we were staying at another Disney resort but we had to add a 5th person and it's the only resort we can afford. We also had to cut the days from 7 to 4.
So I paid for 6 day tickets and we're going to add 2 room only nights. I've been looking at off property but if I can get a code it be SO happy!

I was able to get 4 nights in September at PO-R in a Royal Guest Room and saved $163 off the already discounted Disney price. I was told by Disney to wait 72 hours before trying to load into MDE. We had a Fall discount reservation at PO-FQ but this allowed us to upgrade. The code is listed on the Cheap Tickets website.

I was able to get 4 nights in September at PO-R in a Royal Guest Room and saved $163 off the already discounted Disney price. I was told by Disney to wait 72 hours before trying to load into MDE. We had a Fall discount reservation at PO-FQ but this allowed us to upgrade. The code is listed on the Cheap Tickets website.

Awesome! I was able to link my cheaptickets reservation to MDE almost immediately but had to email cheaptickets for the Disney reservation code. They emailed me back within 10 minutes of my email to them with the code and it linked right up.

They emailed my Disney number today as well after I told them the digits they were giving me at first just wouldnt work. I was pleased.

SO glad I saw this!! thank you!! We had Poly reservations for august that was a little more than we wanted to spend (no discounts were avail for our dates) Just changed to a split stay, 4 nights at Poly, 4 at GF... TPV!! and SAVED $800!!!! HAPPY DANCE!!! :cloud9:

We want to travel 8/26 thru 9/5. Anyone what code I could use? Want to stay in the Beach club/Yacht club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter