Character meals

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
I'm confused! Can someone please clarify which restaurants do character meals? I am aware of Lugget Nuggets, Cafe Mickey but do inventions also do one and are there any others? Also, which of these would you all recommend. Sorry these probably seem like very basic questions but I am new to this and it is not long until we go and I would like to be organised for a change. Thanks for all your help thus far I really do appreciate it!!!

Plaza gardens does afternoon tea and birthday parties with characters. I can highly recommend the tea, we've doen it twice and we're going to try out the party next visit for my son. Inventions I believe have characters present at the evening meal and again it's somewhere we're going to try next visit - I'm also hoping I can order a birthday cake at inventions for myself - does anyone know if the cake is available here? We had a character breakfast at The Steakhouse in Disney Village last year, although I had expected to have it in Cafe Mickey, I don't know if they regularly do them as well.

Hope this helps. :flower:

You can also do character breakfast at Walts. Great service and setting, recommended :)

Reid

We have reservations for the 9:30AM seating at Walt's for Thursday. Can't wait. We have never been to DLP. We will be staying at Hotel New York.

Just a note, I think just breakfast is with characters at Walt's. Lunch is definitely without characters. I don't think they serve dinner.

Character Breakfasts:
Cafe Mickey or Walts (and DLH if you stay there :cool1:
8:00 am and 9:30am

Character Lunch:
Lucky Nugget, Cafe Mickey,
they are talking about a princess character lunch at the Auberge de Centrillon in summer)

Character teaparty
Plaza Garden 3pm and 4:30pm

Character Diner
Inventions, Lucky Nugget Salon (summer only), Cafe Mickey.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Innoventions has characters for all meals....I have done dinner their twice, and the food was excellent

Have a great trip!

Hi,

sorry for disagree, but I asked last month and they say NO characters at Invetions for lunch...only for dinner!

Renate Do,

Re the Princess Lunch you mentioned - are they possibly doing it this summer or is it one for the future?

joanne

Cyrano said:
You can also do character breakfast at Walts. Great service and setting, recommended :)

Reid

Agree there - the characters seem to spend a long time with you at breakfast. We were in an alcove with 3 other tables and the likes of Chip and Dale spent ages mucking around in that area, including trying to pinch my Pain au Chocolat!

The breakfast itself was really nice too.

Joanne UK said:
Renate Do,

Re the Princess Lunch you mentioned - are they possibly doing it this summer or is it one for the future?

joanne

It supposed to start this summer...guess 07/16 :goodvibes

dlpSteve said:
We were in an alcove with 3 other tables and the likes of Chip and Dale spent ages mucking around in that area, including trying to pinch my Pain au Chocolat!

The cheek! I do hope they gave it back :teeth:

They did indeed - makes a good story though.

<i>Did I ever tell you the one about Chip, Dale and the Pain au Chocolat?</i>

I remember reading once about a guy who went to DLRP, had a character lunch at Cafe Mickey and got annoyed with the characters keep coming over to the table! I'd hate to go to DLRP with someone like that, talk about a party pooper!

We did a character lunch at Lucky Nugget and character dinner at Cafe Mickey last week and we preferred the Lucky Nugget, for the service, live music and buffet and was less crowded. (If you do a search, there was a thread on similar topic just a few days ago)

Have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter