Changing Resorts

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
For the first part of our next trip in October we will be staying in POP. Then we switch over to OKW for the rest. Does anyone know if Disney will transfer our luggage over to OKW or will we have to move the bags ourselves? We actually have to run up to the airport to pick up more family and switch out our car for a club van. Don't want to lug all our stuff along.

Just call bell services and they pick up your bags from your room and deliver them to your room at OKW. :thumbsup2 for OKW

They will, but, personally, I would move it yourself. We had an issue with our luggage being "lost" in the shuffle and it was an entire day without our luggage.
If you are going to have them move it, I would suggest packing a duffle with just what you might need throughout the day.

Just another thing to consider - with all this talk about bed bugs, I would be leary to have my luggage stored - I had never thought about it before reading all of the info on here, but it's just something to think about now!

I've done many split stays. Never had a problem with lost luggage. They will tell you your luggage will not arrive at new resort until after 3 or 4. Bell Services picks up our luggage we go to a park when we are done go to new resort luggage has always been there. If you are planning to be at a park all day you won't need your luggage.

Yes, they will transfer luggage for you from one resort to the next. Once you get in to your new room at OKW, call bell services and they will bring it to you. They won't deliver it to the room like they do with ME but only when you are there.

Be sure to have a day bag with you in case your room is ready early and you are back at the resort and want to swim. We forgot to do that last year. OUr room at BLT was ready and when we came back from the parks around 1:00 pm, we were going to swim but realized we had not taken those out of the luggage.

Since it wasn't due to arrive until 3:00 pm or later, we had to just hang out in the room.

Good luck and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter