Changing from monthly paycheck to bi-weekly?

The only strict budget I really have is on grocery spending. We were getting carried away and wound up wasting too much. Now I make sure we stay under a certain amount each week.

I'm very frugal. I put a decent amount of money into savings every week. My husband and I get paid bi-weekly, but the way the dates fall someone gets a check every week. This allows me to bank a good stash into savings without feeling it.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a cheapskate. Don't have to be. It's just who I am. I like budgets. Doesn't mean I am in dire straits. I think most people could benefit from having one.

budg·et
[ˈbəjət]
NOUN
  1. an estimate of income and expenditure for a set period of time.
VERB
statement or plan coordinating resources and expenditures : to put or allow for in a budget

budg·et
[ˈbəjət]
NOUN
  1. an estimate of income and expenditure for a set period of time.
VERB
statement or plan coordinating resources and expenditures : to put or allow for in a budget

Exactly my point. "Estimate" being the key word for me. Some of those folks here seem to have a much much much more ridge structure.

I have a rough budget of monthly expenses that I update about once a year, but I basically just compare that to my annual income and then start allocating the rest of it to planned vacations, etc. I have to float significant work expenses on a semiregular basis. Meaning, I pay it and then I get reimbursed eventually, but depending on when the expenses are vs when the bill is due I may have to pay it before I get the reimbursement. So we have a healthy balance in our checking account at all times to cover this. I don't worry about what payments come out of which paycheck because my balance is high enough to float it regardless.

I often think I should pay closer attention to where our money goes, but I always end up thinking it is more work than it is worth. Maybe one of these days...

I also think, where you are in your life is a factor on whether you think about a budget.
Today is pay day, and my outstanding bills totaled $452. Without getting into what my wife and I make, (not a lot), just one of our paychecks was more than enough to cover my bills.

Paid
Electric
Water
Landline
Cellphones
Mail order prescriptions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter