Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude-April 11-19, 2014-Day 9-Part 3 (updtd 6/29)

One of my favorite things to do at IOA was to pay ( more money ) to squi the people on the rapids ride... The most fun I had all day. Didn't your prefer the way Disney transitions areas better than US? But you have to admit.... That HP area is awesome....... The unicorn was lonely that's why she needs a Dino !

I finally had the meatloaf on Easter Sunday .... I didn't want the bacon on it either.... It was yummy.

And oh I love me some awful house !!!!! Mmmmmmm
Bang bang shrimp is one of my favoites too !!!! During lunch they make it into a taco!

So glad to your TR !!!!!
Wish I could have caught up with you... In hindsight with me having the flu is was best.

I do love Chick Fil A, but there's no way I would pick that over Bang-Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill! Silly children....but saved you some cash!

Picky little brats. They don't what is good. They did save us some money and we had a nice quiet dinner for a change.

DS didn't want to be Thing 2?

That would be a no. Way too cool for that.

I agree that WPE is the best value of any counter service restaurant in Disney. That meatloaf looks delish and the pizza is so good there, too.

PI keep meaning to try something different, but just keep coming back to the meatloaf.

The girly lego stuff is really cute. I think my girls would have enjoyed them.

It is adorable. I would have loved that stuff whne I was a kid.

One of my favorite things to do at IOA was to pay ( more money ) to squirt the people on the rapids ride... The most fun I had all day. Didn't your prefer the way Disney transitions areas better than US? But you have to admit.... That HP area is awesome....... The unicorn was lonely that's why she needs a Dino !

I prefer Disney altogether, but Universal was neat to visit. Once DS rode the big coasters a couple of times, he was ready to go.

I finally had the meatloaf on Easter Sunday .... I didn't want the bacon on it either.... It was yummy.

For realz. Sooo good.

And oh I love me some awful house !!!!! Mmmmmmm
Bang bang shrimp is one of my favoites too !!!! During lunch they make it into a taco!

I know how you love your Waffle House. Love me some bang bang shrimp. Best stuff ever.

So glad to your TR !!!!!

I am glad you are here.

Wish I could have caught up with you... In hindsight with me having the flu is was best.

Following along! The RCI place looked really nice, especially the pool. But the heavy sales pitch would drive me nuts!! I'm not a big HP fan, but would like to see it once. Dr Seuss - now I could get into that! But I never want to stray away from WDW… Love the girly legos! We stayed at OKW for the first time last summer and really loved it. SO much room! Can't wait to read more!
:)

Following along! The RCI place looked really nice, especially the pool. But the heavy sales pitch would drive me nuts!! I'm not a big HP fan, but would like to see it once. Dr Seuss - now I could get into that! But I never want to stray away from WDW… Love the girly legos! We stayed at OKW for the first time last summer and really loved it. SO much room! Can't wait to read more!
:)

Yay!! I am so glad you are here Mary!! We liked Universal, but like you, I like Disney better. Love OKW. Lots of room for sure.

I have to agree with you, WPE is a must when we go to the World. The bacon wrapped meatloaf is the best and I order it every time we go. Love it!! :thumbsup2

I just told my kids they should do the Build A Dino in 2015. That is so adorable!!

Great update!!! Looking forward to your thoughts and room pics of OKW!! (Please tell me you will give some commentary). :) We have never stayed at a DVC resort. Those or next on the Disney property bucket list :cool1:

I have to agree with you, WPE is a must when we go to the World. The bacon wrapped meatloaf is the best and I order it every time we go. Love it!! :thumbsup2

It is the onion straws that do it for me. It takes all my energy not to scarf them all down. I have to save some for DH.

I just told my kids they should do the Build A Dino in 2015. That is so adorable!!

It is just like Build a Bear, except it is Dinosaurs. Very cute and it costs the same. They don't have "Disney prices".

Great update!!! Looking forward to your thoughts and room pics of OKW!! (Please tell me you will give some commentary). :) We have never stayed at a DVC resort. Those or next on the Disney property bucket list :cool1:

I will provide commentary. Just for you. Have you considered renting points for a DVC villa? I swear it is almost half as much as what Disney charges for a regular deluxe hotel room.

Following along! :wave2:

Yay !!! :welcome: Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Well, I hope your DD doesn't find anything else that she just "has to have" after that spending spree. :rotfl2: Cool Lego sets, though. Probably a better long term souvenir investment than most things you'll find inside the parks, to be quite honest.

And can't go wrong with lunch at WPE. :thumbsup2

Well, I hope your DD doesn't find anything else that she just "has to have" after that spending spree. :rotfl2: Cool Lego sets, though. Probably a better long term souvenir investment than most things you'll find inside the parks, to be quite honest.

Oh, she blew here budget the first day. I agree about the lego stuff. She still plays with it.

And can't go wrong with lunch at WPE. :thumbsup2

Truth. Best Counter Service food in WDW, hands down.

We love Downtown Disney and the lego store!!

We have never tried WP but that and EOS is on my list.. We have ate at T-Rex the past two trips and with us not having the dining plan this time for our weekend in June- need to opt for something cheaper.. :)

Cant wait to see pics of the resort!

We love Downtown Disney and the lego store!!

What is not love? DD especially loves it. It is her shopping mecca.

We have never tried WP but that and EOS is on my list.. We have ate at T-Rex the past two trips and with us not having the dining plan this time for our weekend in June- need to opt for something cheaper.. :)

I would stick with EOS then, if I were you. Just those three meals at WPE were over $60. B ut if you split an entree, share a drink and not get dessert, it might now be so bad. I have been wanting to try EOS, but my kids aren't sandwich people, so we always go with the tired and true WPE.

Cant wait to see pics of the resort!

I will try and get that update posted today.

Day 3 – Part Two

So we got our text while we were at Downtown Disney. Our room number was:

We asked for and received a ground floor room.

We got a 1 bedroom villa and Old Key West has the ones with the most space, I think. The ones at Kidani in Animal Kingdom Lodge are nice and spacious as well.

Foyer

Living area

It had a queen size pullout sofa and the chair there was a twin bed pullout. So no fighting from the kids.

Kitchen

Jerry was getting the icemaker going. I need lots of ice for the crappy ankle.

Cute lamp

TV hidden in island. DS was all upset when he thought there wasn’t a TV. The remote didn’t work very well at all (batteries, I think) and we were never able to get the DVD player to work. But the kids made due with Stacy and the Disney channel. That is the only negative thing I can say about this room.

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom. Lots of room.

Laundry

Light outside

DD settled in and played with her legos.

Back Patio (and DH’s wet shoes from the Bilge Barge ride at Universal)

We got all of our things unpacked and we rested for a couple of hours. After that, we headed out to Hollywood Studios.

Ooh your room looks nice!!! It's getting me all excited for our stay there this summer.

Ooh your room looks nice!!! It's getting me all excited for our stay there this summer.

It is just so nice to have all of the space to spread out. I found the room to be very relaxing. And we really liked the ground floor as well. It made it easier with the crappy ankle. Stay tuned. I have lots of OKW photos!!

Those villas are really nice! Very spacious!

There appears to be a sad face on the shower door. Departure day?

Joining in. Really enjoying your trip report. We are planning for next April so interested in the crowds, weather etc.

We will be doing 2 nights at US being from the UK both my boys are desperate to do Harry potter. We will then be heading to OKW so loved seeing your room photos and your opinion on the resort.

Look forward to the next instalment.

WOW!!! The villa looks incredible... I might have missed it in the beginning of the report but are you DVC owners?

I also wanted to tell you I am reading your TR about the cruise and you have me wanting to go on a cruise some kind of bad!!!!! Every time I price one out though, it just is expensive.. Maybe I am doing something wrong?? I am contemplating maybe 2016! :cool1:

Those villas are really nice! Very spacious!

Yes they are!

There appears to be a sad face on the shower door. Departure day?

Oh my goodness, Ann. I totally did not notice that sad face until you said something. This was literally the minute we walked in. I try to get photos before my family trashes the place. Must be leftover from the previous occupants who were as sad as we were to leave.

Joining in. Really enjoying your trip report. We are planning for next April so interested in the crowds, weather etc.

:welcome: thanks so much for joining in!!I love going in April. The weather is always sooo nice. It isn't really humid and not hot. But warm enough to swim. The crowds are bad though. No sugar coating it. But we are experienced enough with the parks and Fast Pass that we never wait more than 20 minutes for a ride. Also, researching the recommended park days on easywdw really helps, too. We followed that, and I would say that I felt like we hit the parks at a decent time with decent crowds. Not too overwhelming for us.

We will be doing 2 nights at US being from the UK both my boys are desperate to do Harry potter. We will then be heading to OKW so loved seeing your room photos and your opinion on the resort.

They will LOVE the Harry Potter section and the new section will be open then as well, so it will be even better. It really is SUPER cool. Especially if you are a big fan.

Look forward to the next instalment.

I will try and get one done today.

WOW!!! The villa looks incredible... I might have missed it in the beginning of the report but are you DVC owners?

We are. And we love it. But I understand that it isn't for everyone. What I would recommend is renting points from DVC. There are several people that do it. We rented from David's Vacation Rentals before we became DVC members. Renting points is almost half as much as what WDW charges, so if you want to stay in a deluxe villa, I HIGHLY recommend renting DVC points. Let me know if you have any questions!!

I also wanted to tell you I am reading your TR about the cruise and you have me wanting to go on a cruise some kind of bad!!!!! Every time I price one out though, it just is expensive.. Maybe I am doing something wrong?? I am contemplating maybe 2016! :cool1:

No you aren't doing anything wrong - it is super expensive. Anywhere from $3,000 for a 4 day to $6,000 for a seven day. We thought it was worth it though. Loved every minute of it and we were looking at cruises just the other night and pricing them and seeing if we could even swing a down payment.

No you aren't doing anything wrong - it is super expensive. Anywhere from $3,000 for a 4 day to $6,000 for a seven day. We thought it was worth it though. Loved every minute of it and we were looking at cruises just the other night and pricing them and seeing if we could even swing a down payment.

Well I priced out one just now for October ( we can't go this fall but we do typically do a trip in the fall just to see) and it was 1,800 for a 3 day.. Not as bad as I thought and then I put in next April- just to see and It was around. $2,000... Not as bad as I thought.. How do the down payments work with cruises? Like with Disney- I know it's the $200.00 to book..???

Well I priced out one just now for October ( we can't go this fall but we do typically do a trip in the fall just to see) and it was 1,800 for a 3 day.. Not as bad as I thought and then I put in next April- just to see and It was around. $2,000... Not as bad as I thought.. How do the down payments work with cruises? Like with Disney- I know it's the $200.00 to book..???

Well the one we were pricing the other night was a 7 day on the Magic going to Jamaica. Cruise price was $6,000+, but the down payment when I clicked to book it was $1,200+, so 20%?? Then you just make payments on it online. I would just throw $100 or $200 at it every month and then right before the pay off date, DH got a bonus which worked out perfectly. I would like to do a double dip again. I can never get enough of Castaway Cay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter