Celebrities who love WDW?

I have friends who were at Epcot when Soarin' opened. The CM's told them that John Travolta had just been on the ride. Apparently, he flew in just to go on the ride because he likes the DL one so much.

Mick Foley is a wrestler, not sure if he still is. His wrestling name was Mankind for quite some time.

I recall a Dave Chapelle show where he did some stand up about going to WDW with his kids and just being hassled non stop, who know's how much of it was true as he was just doing stand up. The bit was seriously funny though:).

apirateslifeforme said:
Remind me to pack some restraints for my mother in the event that we ever see Jon Bon Jovi there...

And some for me, in case of a Joe Perry sighting :love:

I live a few blocks away from Jon Bon Jovi - DD's friend plays football with his son. In the 9 yrs I've been here the closest I ever got was in line at Starbucks!!! I was in front of him and didn't know it until I turned around - ugh!!! :cloud9: Everyone says he's real nice though.

I have never seen any famous person there ever. I feel left out. :(

HappyLawyer said:
i am not famous but i have 4 people in my family who are, i will not reveal them, some of you on here know who they are from previous posts and discussions, but 1 of them loves florida, the other 2 will be going for the first time this year, all i can tell you is they are very excited,

I can only say if you see a famous person at disney, please be considerate as they too are on vacation with their family and they want to enjoy themselves as well.

I'm assuming you are a Baldwin or a Wayans then. ;)

I've never seen a famous person at Disney either. Not to say that I haven't been at a park when a famous person was there - I just didn't notice if I was. The only time I look at people is if I am in a long, boring line. Then I "people watch". lol

I did hear that several years ago, Mariah Carey was in the Magic Kingdom and rode Splash Mountain while wearing a poncho. That's all I know. lol. I don't even know any good celebrity stories at Disney let alone have a celebrity encounter there! lol

When we were there with our family for NYE in 2002/2003, my SIL, DH, and I got off POTC and my BIL told us he saw Barry Bonds on Aladdin and said hi to him. We were disappointed we didn't get to see him and low and behold about a minute later he came off POTC (even though the wait was an hour. hmmmm :rotfl: ). He had a bodyguard, but he was so huge (and super tall) that we wondered why. :tigger: :mickeyjum

I met Derek Lowe (former Red Sox, current Dodger) at AK in February 2003 with his then wife and 2 kids. His newest wasn't born yet, and when I saw in the paper that they had a 3rd baby, I tried to do the math to see if they brought home " a little souvenir" like the commercial :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Anyway, this was before he left the Sox and while he was still a "family man." His wife was nice enough to take a picture of us too, which was cool.

MyGoofy26 said:
Yep, we saw Mick Foley there as well a few years ago. I had no idea who he was, but my cousin's husband came running up fidgeting like a toddler that has to pee "Did you see who just went in Pooh?! Look! Look!"

And yes, flannel and sweatpants. :teeth:

When I did my CP I heard buzz 3 or 4 times in the few months I was there about Steven Tyler and Joe Perry being around. Finally got to see Steven Tyler for myself a couple days before New Years.

I've heard Mariah Carey takes her entourage quite often as well. They were there during my CP, but I didn't see.

I think Mick Foley is always there!!!! We saw him in Dec 2005. We were sitting in the Concourse Steakhouse at the first table as soon as you walk in and first saw him and his family walk by heading to Chef Mickey's. I believe they didn't have ADRs because 5 minutes later he and his family were walking away from Chef Mickey's. I gave a little shout out "Hello Mr. Foley!" He turned to me and gave me a "Bang, Bang". Oh Yeah, He was wearing sweatpants and a red flannel.

The moral of this story: ALWAYS MAKE YOUR ADRs FOR CHEF MICKEY"S :rotfl2:

BlindTyldak said:
Yup, Mick Foley definitely is, he's also often at Santa's Village (? I always get the name confused with the one in the White Mountains) in Vermont, just over the border from the berkshires. Which has awesome pancakes, btw.

ANYWHOO, Tom Brady is a huge WDW fan as well.

That would be in New Hampshire. We can't take credit for it.

BlindTyldak said:
okay, this is the vermont one, like I said, I always get the names confused. :)

Not to put to fine a point on it but you must be confusing this with something else. I have lived in Vermont for 43 years and there is no Santa's anything in Vermont that I know of. There is one in New Hampshire (Santa's Village) and one in Upstate New York (the North Pole).

Not really important but just for the sake of accuracy. Santa does, however, stop in on Christmas Eve. I guess because we are between his Summer and Winter home. :rotfl2:

DH and were about to play one of the AK Dinoland games this last March when some football player and his family walked over. The CM was getting all excited "Don't you know who that is?" Uh, no. We don't watch football.

Anyways this guy is a linebacker for the Bears or something? Some team from Chicago.
He was with his family and there for ESPN weekend.
And yes, he won the game and got the really big prize, even though there were only two other people playing.
We really had no idea who he was.

But at MGM we did see a lot of famous people there for ESPN weekend. Bruce Jenner I recognized and the Sklaar brothers.

We saw Raven Symone at a autograph signing inside Mouseworks in Epcot. We were just walking by DH wanted to know what the crowd was about and saw her, we then continued shopping.

MushyMushy said:
I didn't know who he was either, so I looked it up and he's a wrestler. I recognized him because he wore a face mask. I don't know if he still does or not. :confused3

That's NICK Foley! He was a wrestler who also did something with a sock at one pint I think :rotfl2:

I'm with you guys. I wouldn't notice any celebs. I amin my own private Idaho. I stood in an elevator w/ DH and Joe Theisman and Dh introduced me to him, saying don't you know who that is??? And I looked at J.T. and said."sorry" he was wonderfully polite and pretty cool.

I have an AP to DL and ther are always celebs around here. NEver noticed one! Cool for those of you who have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter