CBR vs POR???

mom2aprincenprincess

Mom to 2 prince's and 1 princess
I can’t decide between CBR and POR.. Anyone prefer one over the other right now, and why? I have a family of 5, myself and DH, and kids are 17, 10, and 7.

I prefer CBR, the resort is basically brand new (lobby, food court etc).
Martinique is the best location IMHO (super close to lobby)
Better pool then POR.

Rooms are similar, size is similar.
Busses are terrible at both however CBR will be getting the skyliner which should help a lot with the busses.
Also CBR is usually a little cheaper.

If CBR dont book a pirate room as they are smaller beds.

ZXrzbXM.jpg

yaEF7i4.jpg

CBR Martinique

POR Alligator Bayou

dkQVZ0s.jpg

We stayed at POR this summer and loooooved it. We had 5 and stayed in Alligator Bayou. My son (8) slept on the murphy bed and loved having "his" space. The resort is just so beautiful and serene. We drove to the parks every day, and the location was awesome! It felt like we were staying at a beautiful summer lodge a la Dirty Dancing.

If your going park commando and want the easiest resort to get around then go to POFQ. However its pool is not as good nor are its food choices..

POR also has BOAT to Disney Springs.

Another vote for Riverside, although I am definitely more and more intrigued by the renovations at CBR. We always stay at POR for our first night for a couple of reasons.

1. We always have our first Disney meal at Disney Springs, so we like taking the boat to put us in full blown vacation mode.

2. Yeehaa Bob. Fun entertainment over an alcoholic beverage or two!

If this question was asked prior to CBR renovations then it would have been an easy vote.

HOWEVER - CBR since the renovations is AWESOME.

POR. For me, it isn't even close. POR is big, but CBR is massive. I had a standard room, and found it a bother to go up front to get a pop or snack. If I went to fill my mug my mug was basiclaly empty by the time I got back to the room. I find POR to have a more peaceful feeling to it. And I love the gift shop and the food court. Plus if you are heading to Disney Springs the boat ride is much nicer than taking a bus.

After staying at both, we much prefer CBR. It was our favorite Moderate before all the upgrades and now, forgetaboutit! The Main Feature Pool, food options and overall feel are just more appealing to us. The rooms are bigger at CBR, 344 sq ft vs. 314 sq ft which will help with having 5 in your party.

I think it all boils down to personal preference and therefore you can't know for sure until you try them out. I never really cared to try POFQ, but once we did it quickly became one of my top choices and I actually preferred it over POR. We plan on trying out CBR later this year for the first time. We really like the Ranchos section of CSR, so I'm not too worried about the size.

After staying at both, we much prefer CBR. It was our favorite Moderate before all the upgrades and now, forgetaboutit! The Main Feature Pool, food options and overall feel are just more appealing to us. The rooms are bigger at CBR, 344 sq ft vs. 314 sq ft which will help with having 5 in your party.
Where do you find the sq/ft of the rooms?

Ok y’all....so my dilemma is this... I have a 5 night stay booked at CBR with the fun and sun room discount for a family of 5, myself, DH, DD (17), DS (10), & DS (7). (And No park hopper) I am having second thoughts about not doing the free dining discount. Now, there are no rooms available at this point at CBR with the free dining, but there are still rooms available at POR with the free dining. However, the cost will be $1200 more at POR. It seems like a no brainer to just stay where we are booked, but I also like the thought of dining credits. Weighing all of this is stressing me out. I’m going to have to buy food while I’m there anyway, and I would then have a PH option that I don’t currently have. I’m having a really hard time figuring out how much we will actually spend on food daily and if the extra $1200 will be worth it. I need help and lots of advice asap. Thanks everyone!

Ok y’all....so my dilemma is this... I have a 5 night stay booked at CBR with the fun and sun room discount for a family of 5, myself, DH, DD (17), DS (10), & DS (7). (And No park hopper) I am having second thoughts about not doing the free dining discount. Now, there are no rooms available at this point at CBR with the free dining, but there are still rooms available at POR with the free dining. However, the cost will be $1200 more at POR. It seems like a no brainer to just stay where we are booked, but I also like the thought of dining credits. Weighing all of this is stressing me out. I’m going to have to buy food while I’m there anyway, and I would then have a PH option that I don’t currently have. I’m having a really hard time figuring out how much we will actually spend on food daily and if the extra $1200 will be worth it. I need help and lots of advice asap. Thanks everyone!
Does that $1200 include the upgrade to table service or is that just for quick service?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!