CBR vs POR???

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mom2aprincenprincess, Jan 14, 2019.

1. mom2aprincenprincess

mom2aprincenprincess Mom to 2 prince's and 1 princess

I can’t decide between CBR and POR.. Anyone prefer one over the other right now, and why? I have a family of 5, myself and DH, and kids are 17, 10, and 7.

2. Monorail_Man_NJ

Monorail_Man_NJ Mouseketeer

I prefer CBR, the resort is basically brand new (lobby, food court etc).
    Martinique is the best location IMHO (super close to lobby)
    Better pool then POR.

Rooms are similar, size is similar.
    Busses are terrible at both however CBR will be getting the skyliner which should help a lot with the busses.
    Also CBR is usually a little cheaper.

If CBR dont book a pirate room as they are smaller beds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CBR Martinique

POR Alligator Bayou

[​IMG]

mom2aprincenprincess likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Kippa-Dee-Do-Dah

Kippa-Dee-Do-Dah Mouseketeer

We stayed at POR this summer and loooooved it. We had 5 and stayed in Alligator Bayou. My son (8) slept on the murphy bed and loved having "his" space. The resort is just so beautiful and serene. We drove to the parks every day, and the location was awesome! It felt like we were staying at a beautiful summer lodge a la Dirty Dancing.

5. Jadyreen1282

Jadyreen1282 DIS Veteran

POR for sure. Better landscaping and Yehaa Bob.

6. Monorail_Man_NJ

If your going park commando and want the easiest resort to get around then go to POFQ. However its pool is not as good nor are its food choices..

POR also has BOAT to Disney Springs.

7. Kippa-Dee-Do-Dah

Kippa-Dee-Do-Dah Mouseketeer

They have 5, so FQ is out for them. :sad1:

8. jaiminee krikit

jaiminee krikit DIS Veteran

POR. We stayed at CBR once and I hated it. The resort is huge, and I just didn't love it. I love everything about POR. With 5 you'll stay in Alligator Bayou and those rooms are cute, rustic. And they have Yehaa Bob!

9. roydavid7771

roydavid7771 DIS Veteran

Another vote for Riverside, although I am definitely more and more intrigued by the renovations at CBR. We always stay at POR for our first night for a couple of reasons.

1. We always have our first Disney meal at Disney Springs, so we like taking the boat to put us in full blown vacation mode.

2. Yeehaa Bob. Fun entertainment over an alcoholic beverage or two!

10. DSLRuser

DSLRuser Age is a state of mind

POR only for it's location and better transportation options.

the rooms are identical

11. Monorail_Man_NJ

If this question was asked prior to CBR renovations then it would have been an easy vote.

HOWEVER - CBR since the renovations is AWESOME.

12. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

POR. For me, it isn't even close. POR is big, but CBR is massive. I had a standard room, and found it a bother to go up front to get a pop or snack. If I went to fill my mug my mug was basiclaly empty by the time I got back to the room. I find POR to have a more peaceful feeling to it. And I love the gift shop and the food court. Plus if you are heading to Disney Springs the boat ride is much nicer than taking a bus.

13. mom2aprincenprincess

y’all are making this decision a lot easier. The winner seems to be POR.

14. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

After staying at both, we much prefer CBR. It was our favorite Moderate before all the upgrades and now, forgetaboutit! The Main Feature Pool, food options and overall feel are just more appealing to us. The rooms are bigger at CBR, 344 sq ft vs. 314 sq ft which will help with having 5 in your party.

15. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

I think it all boils down to personal preference and therefore you can't know for sure until you try them out. I never really cared to try POFQ, but once we did it quickly became one of my top choices and I actually preferred it over POR. We plan on trying out CBR later this year for the first time. We really like the Ranchos section of CSR, so I'm not too worried about the size.

16. mom2aprincenprincess

Where do you find the sq/ft of the rooms?

17. cdunn03

cdunn03 Mouseketeer

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I have stayed at both resorts when they were each going through a room refurb and while snooping around to get details of the changes, I happened across drawings for each with measurements.

19. mom2aprincenprincess

Ok y’all....so my dilemma is this... I have a 5 night stay booked at CBR with the fun and sun room discount for a family of 5, myself, DH, DD (17), DS (10), & DS (7). (And No park hopper) I am having second thoughts about not doing the free dining discount. Now, there are no rooms available at this point at CBR with the free dining, but there are still rooms available at POR with the free dining. However, the cost will be $1200 more at POR. It seems like a no brainer to just stay where we are booked, but I also like the thought of dining credits. Weighing all of this is stressing me out. I’m going to have to buy food while I’m there anyway, and I would then have a PH option that I don’t currently have. I’m having a really hard time figuring out how much we will actually spend on food daily and if the extra $1200 will be worth it. I need help and lots of advice asap. Thanks everyone!

20. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

Does that $1200 include the upgrade to table service or is that just for quick service?

21. mom2aprincenprincess

Yes! I forgot to include that. It does include the upgrade to the regular dining plan.