CBR again or someplace new?

njitgrad

Mouseketeer
Planning much earlier this time around for an April 2014 trip.

Took the family in 2009 and 2011, stayed at CBR both times. The rooms were okay, the kids LOVED the pirate pool, and the food service was pretty good.

The only thing I didn't care for was the distances between the rooms and the center of the resort.

Wondering if there is someplace else we could stay this time around in the same (or somewhat close) price range that would also appeal to us.

While I haven't stayed at a mod, I would recommend trying out a new resort. We always stay some place different, it puts a different spin on disney, plus the resorts are so awesome, look into trying another one. We will probably staying at a mod next trip...we will most likely stay at csr. It is supposed to be the most deluxe of the mods with only 4 bus stops and no bus sharing with other resorts. Por would be our next choice due to theming, but 6 bus stops...5 being at riverside and 1 including pofq are scaring me off. But anyhow try something new! :goodvibes

While I know I'm going to get the whole CBR nation upset w/ me, here goes anyway.

While yes this is Disney & every resort is awesome, CBR would be my least to visit again.

It just doesn't have that appeal....Once again If someone bought a trip & said I'm invited no charge of course I'd say yes.....

For1. It's the only mod w/out queens size beds...
2) carribean & disney to me don't go hand and hand.
3)Size : Yes it's big but so are POR, & CSR but it does appear more spread out if that makes sense.
4) buses from here aren't that great either.
5) pool is pretty good & also has the zero entry, but the othermodsw/ the exception of POFQ have better pools.

Basically what I'm saying is there are other options to explore...You've said that you stayed twice there before. My suggestion would be to try something different...And that doesn't even mean a mod....Research each on, & then research some more...See exactly which appeals to in terms of decor, theming, better restaurants, best pool, Great bus service...Close proximity to a certain park. Wlaking distance to places. etc..

You'll be surprised there's sooo much out there..I can't wait to try all the resorts if I can....

Good luck & whichever you choose I'm sure you'll love it.:thumbsup2

Besides the fact that CBR is my least favorite resort (I would stay at any of the values before staying at CBR again), I think you should try something new. I have yet to stay at the same resort twice. For our onsite trips, we have stayed at 6 so far, with the 7th coming in April. We have a goal to try them all. :goodvibes

CBR is our favourite mod- we love the theming and the landscaping there. We've never found the size to be a problem for us, nor have we ever had difficulties with the buses.

However...

We're nomads at heart and really like staying at a variety of resorts. We've stayed at all the mods, one value, and a few of the deluxes. I'd recommend trying a new mod resort, just for a change of pace.

I think your children would really enjoy the pool areas at either POR or CSR. CSR is actually my least favourite resort- I hate the distance from the rancho's section to the dining/shopping area, but the pool is probably the best after CBR's. We like the theming at POR, plus like having the boat to DTD as well as the TS restaurant and being able to sit in one one of YeeHaw Bob's sets. I really don't think the pool at POFQ would appeal much to your kids. We have never had any resort outperform another as far as bus service goes.

It will all come down to personal preference. Take a good look and see which one grabs you.

POFQ is a moderate resort, at about the same price point as CBR. But it is much smaller. The last time we stayed there (October 2008) we were in the furthest building going towards the bridge to POR, and had the last 2 rooms in the building; and it really wasn't that far to the food court, the pool, or the bus stop. Having stayed at POFQ, POR, and CBR, I would say that POFQ is my favorite.

What about Coronodo Springs? We stayed at CBR last year and we were going to try CSR this year, but changed our minds last minute. The rooms at CSR look nicer + they have queen size beds. I also thought the pool looked pretty sweet at CSR and Pepper market looked like it had some good food options. CSR is a big resort but figure out what you want to be close to such as the pool or the main building and request a room in that section.:thumbsup2

As far as Mods go, CBR is my favorite. I love the beachy feel and I don't mind the size a bit. Technically it is more spread out, but unless you are staying way on the end (Trinadad south, I think?), I don't notice a huge increase in walking time.

My next favorite is POFQ. Very nice with the New Orleans theme. The pool is nice and the boat ride to DTD is a big plus.

I can take or leave CS and I don't like POR at all, which is a bummer because it is the only Mod room that will hold my family of 5. Now if we go as a family, we have to stay offsite. Yep, that's how much I do not like POR.

As far as Mods go, CBR is my favorite. I love the beachy feel and I don't mind the size a bit. Technically it is more spread out, but unless you are staying way on the end (Trinadad south, I think?), I don't notice a huge increase in walking time.

My next favorite is POFQ. Very nice with the New Orleans theme. The pool is nice and the boat ride to DTD is a big plus.

I can take or leave CS and I don't like POR at all, which is a bummer because it is the only Mod room that will hold my family of 5. Now if we go as a family, we have to stay offsite. Yep, that's how much I do not like POR.

Just curious. What is it that you don't like? The theming ? I'm probably sure you know this but you can utilize both POFQ & POR if staying at 1 or the other.

we too stayed at CBR and were surprised at how large the resort was. I did like the pools(we go over xmas and dontuse them much) and the food was nice as well. Ididnt like how far we were from the main building and didnt use the dining as much as we usually do. with that being said, the kids wanted to do POP last trip and we did just that. I am now planning and waiting for the reservation desk to open the dates for our next trip-staying at POFQ. I would do CBR again but pay the extra and get a close room(not the pirate). the buses rjan a bit slow but did like the resort. I LOVE POFQ-small, quiet, boats to DTD, short walk to POR...I like to find that resort that just feels good and we get that at POFQ.

Personally I try somewhere else, of all the mods, CBR is my least favorite. I'm just not very find of how the resort is laid out. If you are looking for a similar island type feel, I highly recommend Coronado Springs!! It is a big resort, but the theming, atmosphere and overall feel the resort is awesome!! We have stayed here many times over the last few years and just love it!!! The pool is great and the location of the resort is so conveniently located to all the parks. Oh and the rooms all have queen beds unlike CBR that has doubles. :)

Just curious. What is it that you don't like? The theming ? I'm probably sure you know this but you can utilize both POFQ & POR if staying at 1 or the other.

While the landscaping is beautiful the overall theme just does not appeal to me. Also, I rarely travel during peak times but whenever I have stayed at POR or even just visited it is always teaming with people. I hate having to fight my way through crowds to get food at the food court and then roaming the dining room looking for a table. Just irritates me. My kids and husband don't like me when I am irritated. :duck:

The best thing about POR is Boatwrights. I think it gets a bad wrap on the DIS and I would love to eat there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter