Category Differences - I'm confused

aaklang

Mouseketeer
I don't understand the different categories. For example, I'm looking at the Wonder and I don't see any differences between a 4A and a 4B. They sleep the same number of people, have the same square footage and are on the same deck. What am I missing? Why would you choose one over the other?

I see this in all different categories that have an A, B and C option and it makes it so hard to choose.

I don't understand the different categories. For example, I'm looking at the Wonder and I don't see any differences between a 4A and a 4B. They sleep the same number of people, have the same square footage and are on the same deck. What am I missing? Why would you choose one over the other?

I see this in all different categories that have an A, B and C option and it makes it so hard to choose.

Location for the most part. A 4A should be mid-ship while 4B and 4C will be more forward or aft. With some categories the different letters may designate a different deck. Sometimes there are differences in the balconies.

On the Magic and Wonder, there aren't any differences. The ABC system was added so that the classic ships corresponded to the categories on the new ships, and only serve to indicate forward, midship, and aft.

A cat 5 is a cat 5 in size and configuration, whether it is a 5A, 5B, or 5C--just location varies. On the new ships, there ARE difference in some categories.

I have sailed the Magic twice, both times in a cat 4B. We were the first 4B a little mid-forward. Purposely chose the location with the convenience of mid ship but paid less than the person in the 4A next to us. If I remember correctly though the 4C cabins on the Magic and Wonder have verandah railings that are solid so you can't see through them. 4A and 4B have see through plexi glass. This mattered to us so we went up to the 4B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter